It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmmm, he must have been caught doing something extremely careless and dodgy with intent.

I'm sure it was not his intention to fire him. ..lol

On a random note, this move sure put Obama's idiotic eco speech on the back page quickly.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lynch NEVER recused herself.

but cnn said she did.

Dana Bash was on the panel and interrupted by saying, “Loretta Lynch, she did say she wouldn’t be involved in the decisions, but didn’t completely remove herself from the investigation, which could be an example of why (the Trump White House) potentially need to do it differently this time.”
Don Lemon misspoke AND falsely reported Loretta Lynch’s recusal. Lynch never recused herself from the investigation. She simply said that she would accept whatever the FBI recommended.
CNN’s Don Lemon Falsely Reports Loretta Lynch Recused Herself From The Hillary Email Investigation (VIDEO)

but you know, some people miss hear too,

edit on 9-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh how I wish Comey would start running his mouth. He does seem to like attention more than previous FBI Head Honcho's. Is it too much to hope for?

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't think any real tears will be shed over his leaving from either side.

Just crocodile tears...

You have to admit, somehow we wound up in a world where Trump could singlehandedly rescue an entire nursery of children, a kennel full of cute puppies, and three trapped firefighters from a burning building and the next day CNN would be talking about how evil he is for getting attention doing it and calling for his imoeachment.

TheRedneck

The same would be true had Hillary won and I'd bet Comey would have been asked to leave by Hillary also.

It's a crying shame that the FBI is being drug through the partisan mud.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Holy crap.

Read these.

news.grabien.com...

10 FBI scandals.

Hasan.

Boston Bombing.

Garland Texas.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: neo96

Stop Reading Trumps tweets.

Nooooooo! Keep reading them! That way you'll be so busy thinking about what he's tweeting, you'll never expect him to do what he's doing.

TheRedneck

Exactly. Oh what else happened today?
www.npr.org...

link   

I agree.. i was only partly joking about reaching down to a man or woman that has spent their career working cases, I would not mind a hard core law an order type... a pitbull with a bone when a case is handed to them type.

Anything higher up in the food chain and they will have political baggage...

I liked the SC nominee... so I expect this one to probably be flubbed as they try and appease the other side of the aisle.

link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: carewemust
That would actually be a swell choice. But to go from county to Federal and skip state positions would be a bit unorthodox. I m thinking from a state law enforcement agency. Hopefully somebody from Iowa, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Florida, or Texas.

Contrary to what the MSM is reporting, I bet President Trump planned this firing last week, and already has somebody in mind. Calls to a short-list of candidates are probably being made as we speak.

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Oh how I wish Comey would start running his mouth. He does seem to like attention more than previous FBI Head Honcho's. Is it too much to hope for?

He's gonna write a book full of classified material.

He will use a foreign born ghost writer however.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The same would be true had Hillary won and I'd bet Comey would have been asked to leave by Hillary also.

It's a crying shame that the FBI is being drug through the partisan mud.

True that... on both counts.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Lynch never stated she was recusing herself.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

MY short list for a replacement would be RB,JY or SM......listed in preference, they are all career field agents and are well qualified.
edit on R052017-05-09T19:05:19-05:00k055Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

originally posted by: Xcathdra
NYT is reporting Comey was in LA at a recruiting event and while he was addressing the crowd he saw on the TV in back that he was fired.

YEP! Comey learned about it in the News addressing some FBI agents LMFAO

I hope he gave a Boehner exit. Now that guy knew how to resign after knowing he was fired.

I read he just left the place and someone handed him an empty box. (While on stage)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Its being reported the new Deputy AG initiated all of this as he lost faith in the FBI Director.

CNN Politics‏Verified account @CNNPolitics 1m1 minute ago

JUST IN: James Comey was addressing the FBI's LA office and found out about his firing from TVs on in the room

edit on 9-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I wish everyone would be honest in DC, not just honest enough to #### someone over with another ideology.

But that will never happen.

So I will continue my dramatic interpretation of the actions in DC.

Like there is something going on when Pelosi is showing side-boob during the hearings.

I swear I saw it.

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It's probably too much to ask for, but this may be a case where beyond the usual partisan nut jobs, it's taken seriously and we may end up with a good FBI leader. I can hope anyway.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dovdov

Do you think most people really care what the rest of the world thinks? I know I don't go to the ballot box worried about what Frau Merkel or Monsieur Macron thinks about the person I'm about to vote for.

I vote for the person I think is going to do the best job for me and my country, and if they're doing their proper jobs, they're looking out for their countries first, so why would I be voting for the American who would be best for Germany or France or any other country except the US?

Because historically America has had a kind of moral authority and served as an example of freedom and democracy worldwide. The world is now looking at America and seeing democracy dying. That's their perception. Why does their perception matter? For the same reason that your friends and family can see your faults better than you can. Few are ever able to see what is wrong with themselves, they need other people to point it out to them if they want to improve themselves. Nobody would ever claim that the American government has no corruption, nor that it shouldn't be cleaned out, but Trump has kinda sorta done the very opposite of that. There is also the importance of understanding that humanity shouldn't be divided. We're all human beings with a common goal. Freedom, liberty, democracy, helping your fellowman are all important traits for both people and nations. But the rest of the world sees America seems to be losing those traits and is no longer an example for freedom but has become an example of what happens when corporations take over the government and am uneducated demagogue gains power. THAT is what they see, and it scares them because America has the largest army on earth as well as most of the nuclear bombs. What happens here can affect people in Germany, France, and elsewhere.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Xcathdra
NYT is reporting Comey was in LA at a recruiting event and while he was addressing the crowd he saw on the TV in back that he was fired.

ROFLOL

The IRONY

Remember the press conference when Comey read off a laundry list of Hillary's misdeeds and then proceeded to inform us that there would be no charges because....intent? That guy should have been canned on January 20th.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, that explains everything! Russia obviously made Trump do it!

Oh, wait, that's gonna tick Russia off.... diversion? Yeah, that's it! Trump is arming the people fighting Russia's ally in order to make it appear he doesn't like Putin.

[/sarcasm]

TheRedneck

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Good find Neo. I was thinking about all the people FBI knew about beforehand and failed to act.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join