It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
NYT is reporting Comey was in LA at a recruiting event and while he was addressing the crowd he saw on the TV in back that he was fired.

As for the firing Judge Napolitano suggested that when the Deputy AG got in place he was able to review the Clinton file and determined Comeys conclusion was wrong.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

I'm apparently in it for the long haul, much as I'd love to disengage with it.

Oh for the days of oblivious youth. Had to leave that behind. Adulting is hard.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
NYT is reporting Comey was in LA at a recruiting event and while he was addressing the crowd he saw on the TV in back that he was fired.

YEP! Comey learned about it in the News addressing some FBI agents LMFAO

link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm not taking sides and I'm not a D or an R. I just think Comey hurt the FBI and it's best he's replaced by someone who holds the FBI's traditional values of not being political.

The FBI has been a political entity since papa Bush. This isn't going to turn out the way Trump thinks. It's already blowing up in his face. The intelligence community is not happy with the way this was handled.
edit on 9-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: Indigo5

Lynch NEVER recused herself.

Someone who calls for "rising up" and hurting people in street riots, to protest Donald Trump, doesn't have the necessary character and integrity to Recuse herself.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

ROFLOL

The IRONY

link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

I wonder if he saw it on CNN

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To Bad Jimmy Boy , Maybe you can try Again and Run for Sheriff in Mayberry , though I Doubt Anybody there Gives a Rats Ahass about you now............

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I think it's sad really.

The FBI has always been the agency above reproach and Comey hurt them a lot.

I think the real story here is who replaces Comey. It needs to be a career law enforcement professional that has support from both sides if that can be done. Where Trump can mess up badly is in who he replaces him with. I'd hope he picks from within the ranks of the FBI and it's a person with no political baggage.

link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
People better be scared! Fascists and Communists and Traitors oh my! are on notice. GTFO back into the shadows, or suffer the wrath of empowered America! We have had enough! Its time to march in support of our elected leader and the patriots he has appointed and let them know they are doing the right things.

Enough of what exactly? Are you trying to advocate for America strong-arming the rest of the world? You may not be aware of this, but there is a whole big world out there that is not America, and they are looking at us right now and thinking we've lost our freaking minds. The only consolation is that Trump barely won the election and that three quarters of the country oppose him and his policies. What exactly do you see as "fascists and communists and traitors"?

link   

As for the firing Judge Napolitano suggested that when the Deputy AG got in place he was able to review the Clinton file and determined Comeys conclusion was wrong.

Wait he could've already known. It's not like the statement that he was fired was his first notice. Don't tell me the MSM is spinning that story already?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmmm, he must have been caught doing something extremely careless and dodgy with intent.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
That would actually be a swell choice. But to go from county to Federal and skip state positions would be a bit unorthodox. I m thinking from a state law enforcement agency. Hopefully somebody from Iowa, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Florida, or Texas.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

At least he wasn't fired via a Tweet. haha.

On an even brighter note... CNN was kept out of a small group of reporters that Spicer invited into a room to hear more details on Comey's firing.

What a great day this has been!

link   

I don't think any real tears will be shed over his leaving from either side.

Just crocodile tears...

You have to admit, somehow we wound up in a world where Trump could singlehandedly rescue an entire nursery of children, a kennel full of cute puppies, and three trapped firefighters from a burning building and the next day CNN would be talking about how evil he is for getting attention doing it and calling for his imoeachment.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not taking sides and I'm not a D or an R. I just think Comey hurt the FBI and it's best he's replaced by someone who holds the FBI's traditional values of not being political.

The FBI has been a political entity since papa Bush. This isn't going to turn out the way Trump thinks. It's already blowing up in his face. The intelligence community is not happy with the way this was handled.

Depends on whether you are viewing this from a purely partisan view or honestly.

What is the "intelligence community" saying exactly and is the source a partisan themselves?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What does that suggest to you, Xcathdra?

That it is a hoax? That it's a conspiracy to sink Trump? That Trump is full of crap?

I choose C.

Like at the PBX, you know.

Boots. Mens. Black. Combat.
ya know: Meal Ready to Eat

But here's the real label, as far as I can read it:

Crap. POTUS. USA. Full.

edit on 5/9/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm hearing that people are email bombing Comey's Blackberry server !!!

link   

I hope he gave a Boehner exit. Now that guy knew how to resign after knowing he was fired.

link   

Do you think most people really care what the rest of the world thinks? I know I don't go to the ballot box worried about what Frau Merkel or Monsieur Macron thinks about the person I'm about to vote for.

I vote for the person I think is going to do the best job for me and my country, and if they're doing their proper jobs, they're looking out for their countries first, so why would I be voting for the American who would be best for Germany or France or any other country except the US?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join