It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 to 60 Teens Swarm, Takeover, Train, Rob and Assault Weekend Riders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
a reply to: IAMTAT

Geographically, Oakland (where this event took place) is smack dab in that Leftist 'sweet spot' between Berkeley and SF.

You can't blame the crime problems in Oakland on the Lefties.

Don't go full retard bro.

Are you triggered?

Actually, yes you can. These thugs know no one is going to be armed due to Kalifornistan's 2A restrictions on Constitutional Rights. I would be willing to bet if a couple of those thugs got plugged by good guys with guns, the robberies and aggravated assaults would have come to a screeching halt...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right. This all happens because of food stamps. That makes total sense.

That's just dumb.

I'm sure if they didn't get that food stamp money they'd all go out and start up businesses right away.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: m.EternalShadow

Juvenile jails and adult jails in PC are just gladiator schools. Jail doesnt work.. they run game in there too and make deeper ties to the criminal elements for when they get out. I can give examples if you like

What's the difference? Ever heard of practice makes perfect? If these kids are determined to follow this "career path" and the parents, families and communities pat them on the back for their crime sprees, why is it a shame they end up in jail? Isn't that the given result?

Tell me why society should empathize with the criminal? Because it's cool to be a thug??? Because the music is catchy?? F# that.

You never once mentioned the VICTIMS OF THESE CRIMINALS, but instead you create a narrative that the criminal is the victim. I don't give two sh# about the criminal. PLENTY of determined people make it out of the ghetto. Those that stick around are committed to the "hood" and a lifestyle they think is cool and commendable.

SO BE IT.

The quicker they end up in jail the better.
edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 24 Apr 2017 19:56:54 -05004pmMondayth07pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Right. This all happens because of food stamps. That makes total sense.

That's just dumb.

I'm sure if they didn't get that food stamp money they'd all go out and start up businesses right away.

Not what I said, but feel free to think that if it makes you feel better.

I believe if you read what I said carefully ... that food stamps are NOT the answer because if they and other forms of social assistance were, then this problem would be either lessening or holding steady. Instead, it's growing exponentially.

So the mistaken belief that public assistance is assisting anyone out of anything isn't getting anyone anywhere in this debate.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

How do they know they were all juveniles.
Oh well I bet they find a way to blame whitey.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: SBMcG

Then all Liberal places would be like this and all conservative places would too.

They aren't.

It's not that simple man.

It never is no matter how much you want to believe it is.

Society is complex and there are lot's of reasons for things. Even within a city or even a neighborhood there are dynamics that have to be considered that aren't as easy as just Left or Right Politics.

Give me one example of a conservative-run municipality or government that is even remotely as dysfunctional as Detroit.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

How do they know they were all juveniles.
Oh well I bet they find a way to blame whitey.

Right now, all we know is that they were "yoofs".

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It's not the cure or the cause of this.

You're trying to make a case that it's somehow responsible for this.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

You seem to think it's either making them in to criminals or that by removing it they will somehow become good citizens again. That's what I get from what you're saying and to me that's just stupid.

Do you ever think beyond your own taxes about stuff in the world???? Government assistance isn't the driving force behind crime or gangs.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

lol I feel dat .

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

lol I feel dat .

Word!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Californian here...I've noticed several shootings in Sacramento and San Jose lately, two areas generally considered safer, especially San Jose...south sac is unsafe but generally sac is safer than stockton or modesto... Last year I worked in loss prevention and we saw huge increases in theft thanks to AB109 and Prop 47 that released "non-violent" criminals from jail, lowered several felonies to misdemeanors, and made misdemeanors of offenses citation only...meaning they do not take misdemeanors to jail. They also raised grand theft to $950. So someone would steal $900, get caught and get a citation, just like a speeding ticket with a promise to appear in court date, and walk away, and guess what, they would come back the next day and do it again.

California democrats believe that everyone is essentially good, and that if you give even the most hardened criminal a break he will seek to do good. I honestly feel that this is the opposite of human nature. If given the chance people will choose to take advantage, lie, cheat, steal, etc.
edit on 4/24/2017 by AnonymousMoose because: derp

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No. Again, you are making assumptions.

What I am implying is that those people who keep claiming that if we only subsidize people enough, this will stop need to understand that simply throwing more money at people isn't doing a d@mn thing and the in the meantime, the problem itself keeps getting worse.

All that money really does is make a bunch of people feel better about themselves because they can say they've "done something" about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Geographically, Oakland (where this event took place) is smack dab in that Leftist 'sweet spot' between Berkeley and SF.

Are you triggered?

Sure can. All these crazy kids are products of poor parenting and the broken family model the left created and pushes.

I think re instituting corporal punishment in schools would solve quite a lot of societal problem.

From rioting,protesting,mass shooting, and events in the op.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Boarding schools.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Boarding schools.

Getting the board in school

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Are you triggered?

Sure can. All these crazy kids are products of poor parenting and the broken family model the left created and pushes.

I think re instituting corporal punishment in schools would solve quite a lot of societal problem.

From rioting,protesting,mass shooting, and events in the op.

Too late for that. The young black youth will swing just as hard as those dishing it out. They respect no one in authority... NO ONE. Truth be told, teachers would end up getting shot.... Guaranteed! .....and not by the students.. by the parents. Thug culture ideology is generational. The mentality you see is how they were raised. So don't expect parents to support anything to do with "puttin hands on my kids", because even when they're wrong, they are right. You can't tell them anything.
edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 24 Apr 2017 20:25:08 -05004pmMondayth08pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I live in California. I grew up in San Francisco

There have always been places that you shouldn't go unless you felt like getting beat up or worse

The interesting thing here is that it happened on Bart. So Bart passengers should all consider carrying weapons they want to be victims

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't hear anyone claiming that but you though.

I have never met anyone who thought Government Assistance or subsidizing their lives was going do something beyond keeping them from being homeless or starving.

It's just some assistance and it's not that much to begin with. The people I know who have it also work as well. But you can work 5 days a week and still need assistance sometimes. I live in one of the poorest areas in Cali. and just rent for a crap 1 bedroom is almost 1000 bucks. Food costs more, everything costs more. Walmart employees working full time are still within assistance range. The cost of living has increased with almost no compensation in wages or benefits of any kind.

If you look around everything, every institution every business everywhere is wanting more and more for itself and there seems to be less and less available. Name something that has become cheaper??? Or something that lasts longer??? Everything now is made to break or be obsolete or need constant money fed into it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Schools lost control over students in places like that a long time ago. Teachers most likely are more likely to be punished by the students than the other way around.

No gang banger is going to allow some teacher to spank him or something stupid like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I live in California. I grew up in San Francisco

There have always been places that you shouldn't go unless you felt like getting beat up or worse

The interesting thing here is that it happened on Bart. So Bart passengers should all consider carrying weapons they want to be victims

This scene actually has the same BART car interiors, well....in 1990. The way it plays out would stop these incidents from happening immediately...disregard the Predator however lol..

edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 24 Apr 2017 21:16:09 -05004pmMondayth09pm by EternalShadow because: add

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join