It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 to 60 Teens Swarm, Takeover, Train, Rob and Assault Weekend Riders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Unbelievable.
Does anyone else get the impression that crime in California is getting waaaay out of control?
Geographically, Oakland (where this event took place) is smack dab in that Leftist 'sweet spot' between Berkeley and SF.

Passengers on a Bay Area Rapid Transit train were robbed, and in some cases beaten, when dozens of juveniles stormed aboard the train and forced them to give up their property, police said.

The incident happened at 9:30 p.m. Saturday at the Coliseum Station in Oakland aboard a Dublin/Pleasanton-bound train.

BART Police said witnesses reported 50 to 60 juveniles jumping the fare gates and going to the platform.

After boarding the train the They boarded the train they “committed multiple strongarm robberies of bags and cell phones,” according to a police report.

At least two people were hurt and were treated by paramedics for facial and head injuries.

The teens all fled into the surrounding neighborhood near the Coliseum before any officers could arrive, police said.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Geographically, Oakland (where this event took place) is smack dab in that Leftist 'sweet spot' between Berkeley and SF.

You can't blame the crime problems in Oakland on the Lefties.

Don't go full retard bro.

Are you triggered?

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just saw this on Drudge.

How ridiculous is this crap?

I hope they convict every person involved! They have cameras and don't even give me some sob story about them being minors.

If you act like an animal you should be treated like an animal which means kept in a cage / jail.

#ing punks!

+19 more 
link   
While I don't care for the left/right spin (just my opinion), I do think we have a serious problem with our youth today. And I think it is only going to get worse.

I don't know what the answer is, having a child that was "bad" for a while. I do know, I never made excuses, and when the law needed to be involved, I was the first to say take him.
Not "oh no, not my sweet boy, he never does anything wrong"

Kids need to know actions have consequences. Not parents with expensive lawyers, or other excuses.

+25 more 
link   
Well, since Commifornia doesn't allow concealed carry, [ But you can damn well bet the bad guys have'em ]. I suggest start carrying a blade. Comes in very handy sometimes. How do the folks from California feel, knowing that their govt doesn't care about your safety?
A great example showing that self defense is on YOU, not sitting there waiting for the cops to show up and save you.

+31 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Are you triggered?

Are 'Lefties' in control of the city government?

If roving gangs of local teens can takeover trains in the city...someone isn't doing their job effectively.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Any indication as to which race and socioeconomic background these teens are from?

edit:

Also, from the article:

The agency is also in the process of replacing decoy cameras on trains with real ones after a 19-year-old was shot and killed aboard a train at the West Oakland station with no video evidence.

Really?

edit on 4/24/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

From the article:

"The agency is also in the process of replacing decoy cameras on trains with real ones after a 19-year-old was shot and killed aboard a train at the West Oakland station with no video evidence."

Yea, that would be a good idea. They've got to have some real cameras around the stations I would hope.

This started about 15-20 years ago with teens running into stores like 7-11 in groups and doing mass shoplifting. Now its progressed to full on violent armed train robbery. As a native Californian, it sickens me to see what the soft-on-crime politicians have created here. Looks like we're headed back to the old west scenario where everyone was armed.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

Just saw this on Drudge.

How ridiculous is this crap?

I hope they convict every person involved! They have cameras and don't even give me some sob story about them being minors.

If you act like an animal you should be treated like an animal which means kept in a cage / jail.

#ing punks!

You can't arrest them.......
At least when they don't even bother to give a description in the article.
Wonder why?

link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

The article says they only have 'fake' cameras installed on the train.

+24 more 
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Are you triggered?

Then explain why this continues to happen in places like Oakland, Detroit, Chicago.... what do they all have in common?

I'm sure you know.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Well, since Commifornia doesn't allow concealed carry, [ But you can damn well bet the bad guys have'em ]. I suggest start carrying a blade. Comes in very handy sometimes. How do the folks from California feel, knowing that their govt doesn't care about your safety?
A great example showing that self defense is on YOU, not sitting there waiting for the cops to show up and save you.

Actually, it does allow concealed carry by permit. And many of my friends, along with myself, have either recently gotten permits or are in the process. As I mentioned in my post after yours, its the wild west again.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Any indication as to which race and socioeconomic background these teens are from?

edit:

Also, from the article:

The agency is also in the process of replacing decoy cameras on trains with real ones after a 19-year-old was shot and killed aboard a train at the West Oakland station with no video evidence.

Really?

I don't believe they specify.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry it's totally believable.

Oakland.

Which is California.

Home to another trouble spot. Berkeley.

This kind of news coming out of California should not surprise anyone.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hmm.

Isn't it typical that when such information is omitted from the news reports that the identity of the perpetrators turns out to be of one or two certain minorities?

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Bernie Geotz knew how to handle a crowd....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is a problem with perception in many people from California. There has to be some sort of chemicals that are causing it. I am still thinking it is plant defense chemistry that is the culprit. Remember, there are lots of drugs designed off of these chemistries. If you overconsume certain plant chemistries they can mess with your consciousness. If you can not properly detox them you might wind up with messed up perception. All plants have plant defense chemicals in them to protect them from an animal overeating them. Many vegetables we consume if eaten too often can have effect on our consciousness. Some of this make the herbivores fight each other, others make them not remember where they live or may make them not take care of their young.

Think about this next time you stuff your face with veggies, is it effecting your consciousness? Some people can eat a lot of veggies because their ancestors ate a lot of veggies and they make more enzymes to detox them. People may be overdosing on these natural chemicals in their quest to be healthier. Remember the story of Cain and Able. Understand what the bible was really trying to say. The people who are effected may not realize they are effected, a person on Cocaine actually does not notice they are doing better, they only notice the drop when they do not have it. That chemical is a plant defense chemistry, so is caffeine in coffee and Theobromine in tea. All of them are psychoactive, but so are the ones in all veggies. Balancing of our diet varies from person to person based on our epigenetic factors. This is created by our ancestors environment, including the food they ate. Alcohol is a microbe defense chemistry. Some people detox that better than others too.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Hmm.

Isn't it typical that when such information is omitted from the news reports that the identity of the perpetrators turns out to be of one or two certain minorities?

Quite typical, yes.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I read it was a group of Amish who got on the wrong bus, wound up in Oakland and missed their chance to be on a TLC show. Silly Amish....

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oakland ranks in the top 10 dangerous cities.

At #3

www.forbes.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join