It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 to 60 Teens Swarm, Takeover, Train, Rob and Assault Weekend Riders

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Trouble with that is that they are just kids and as kids they aren't responsible for themselves yet. Their parents most likely are of no use either, because if they were they wouldn't have created a kid like that to begin with.

So you have to do something with them. You can't just let them wander about aimlessly because they'll just be trouble for everyone outside school them.

But certainly they need to be removed from schools where there are actually students who give a damn about an education.

Juvenile detention schools are one option. I'm not sure what else you can do with them though. You could try and punish the parents but I don't think that would work. The other option is to simply let them do as they please until they get arrested enough times but since they aren't adults they'll just be released over and over.

The fact is people who can't raise a kid shouldn't have f*cking kids. It's the most irresponsible thing in the world to do to have a child and then not be able to raise it up into something at least resembling some kind of functioning adult instead of a criminal.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah, seems to be no good solution. Some sort of detention wold have to be included, but some new form of that, wherein one could NOT organize and train more criminals. Prisons are bad in that regard, as well. Perhaps a system where the inmates were not allowed all sorts of free time, milling around, and were never unsupervised, if not locked into a cell. Some would claim that's harsh or cruel, but so is committing a crime against another. A guy stuck in a cell all day long can't join a prison or juvenile detention gang.

Long term, yes, we have to address the problem of people having kids who have no idea how to raise them, or even care. How to do that, I don't know. Something has to change, but it's not going to be easy, and interim steps won't be popular, either. As it is, we have gangs of kids, for years, roaming around doing whatever they want, and that cannot continue. I don't like the whole prison mentality, myself, but can't see a better solution.

As a parent, I can't imagine one of mine doing something like that! They know if they did, they'd be facing me, and would NOT be happy with the outcome! Of course, knowing that, they won't do such a thing. What we have here is people who came of age in houses with little to no supervision having children themselves. Some of the issue is the whole "victim status" thing, of course. When one can blame others for anything and everything, personal responsibility goes right out the window. Instead of all the useless social engineering in the schools these days, maybe we need simple lessons on how to behave as functioning members of society. When I was in school, that came in kindergarten! Today, we can watch videos of kids that age bearing one another up, following the example of their parents.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join