It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 to 60 Teens Swarm, Takeover, Train, Rob and Assault Weekend Riders

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is why I am for carry permits for all sane people. We have returned to the days of old where a gang boards a train and robs everyone aboard

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This has nothing to do with the politic's of the area and probably a lot more to do with high crime rates, poor policing in those neighborhood's and wealth inequality as well as no way out for those kid's.
It is a familiar pattern around the world and in fact we in the UK have had attack's like this since the 1980's though they were under reported and kept out of the news while the culprit's were hunted down and prosecuted.
en.wikipedia.org...(crime)
Given america's gun ownership I am highly surprised neither any passengers nor any of these assailant's were not shot dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

This has nothing to do with the politic's of the area and probably a lot more to do with high crime rates, poor policing in those neighborhood's and wealth inequality as well as no way out for those kid's.
It is a familiar pattern around the world and in fact we in the UK have had attack's like this since the 1980's though they were under reported and kept out of the news while the culprit's were hunted down and prosecuted.
Given america's gun ownership I am highly surprised neither any passengers nor any of these assailant's were not shot dead.

It's impossible to get CC permits in Oakland.
It's legal but nobody has one. The subject has been brought up in the past and if I remember correctly back then only a higher up in the city council actually got one while also stonewalling the process for the general public.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: torok67
This is why I am for carry permits for all sane people. We have returned to the days of old where a gang boards a train and robs everyone aboard

It's about personal choices at this point. I know where the trouble is most likely to occur and I avoid those places. It's as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Call it like it is. We have a problem with black teens, ages 12-28*. At least that's what the media designates them as. Statistics don't lie about violent crime. Start carrying concealed and open fire on these fools. But what justification? How about hijacking of a public transit vehicle, strong arm robbery, assault and battery. Sounds like a forcible felony especially when there are substantial numbers of criminals verses the victims. Oh and how about that high capacity magazine law liberals want? Here's a perfect example why you need a high cap magazine.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Mikehawk

Geographically, Oakland (where this event took place) is smack dab in that Leftist 'sweet spot' between Berkeley and SF.

You can't blame the crime problems in Oakland on the Lefties.

Sure you can.

Do you think crap like this would happen in Texas or a CC state?

If any white person were to put up a fight, the first thing the little dindu nuffin will do is tell the police that the white person made a racist comment. Immediately, all CCTV video will be seized and examined for evidence while the main crime, the theft of smartphones, money, credit cards, wallets will be pushed to the side.

www.standard.co.uk...

edit on 26-4-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
They should try doing something like this in Texas!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

Call it like it is. We have a problem with black teens, ages 12-28*. At least that's what the media designates them as. Statistics don't lie about violent crime. Start carrying concealed and open fire on these fools. But what justification? How about hijacking of a public transit vehicle, strong arm robbery, assault and battery. Sounds like a forcible felony especially when there are substantial numbers of criminals verses the victims. Oh and how about that high capacity magazine law liberals want? Here's a perfect example why you need a high cap magazine.

Let's play out your scenario with a high capacity magazine. Instead of a few stolen wallets, you end up with a train full of dead people - criminals and bystanders alike. How is that better?

The odds of something like this happening to anyone are so minute.

That's the problem with the media and the root of the phrase "the media is the message". Because of the nature of sensationalized news, people think the world is this horrible dystopia where the only chance of survival is to be armed. Nonsense.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
California 2017. My opinion from two weeks of seeing 2/3 of the state. California is over populated or very crowded. People in California are aggressive in pushing their way in front of someone else. Many people live at a huge poverty level. California is twice as expensive as the east coast for gas and food. Hidden fees and charges on all California's products and services. They charge for wifi and parking at hotels. No free breakfasts at hotels. Most hotels are expensive, worn out, smelly, and have cheap furnishings and toiletries. Key card readers on the doors and the plumbing did not work in a few hotels.

It's both overpopulated and crowded, especially in the urban areas like the Silicon Valley peninsula. There's a steep salary gradient between the poor and wealthy areas. I stayed there, and the apartment complex that had apartments with air conditioning units cost $1500/month. The surrounding apartments without air conditioning, only cost $700. For the apartments next to major corporate campus, the rents were $3000, but the workers didn't need a car to commute to work. One side of the wall of my apartment complex, there would be drunk Mexicans in the allleyway next to the supermarket (crashed out in white clothes, straw hats and a bottle of liquor). On the other side, the tech workers would be sitting at the pool with drinks. That was a very stark contrast. Then the tech workers had their shuttle services to take them from the campuses to the Caltrain stations and into/out of San Francisco.

www.theguardian.com...

Lots of Asians come in from Korea and China to escape the political climate of their home countries and get their children into good schools. Hotels get plenty of business from conference delegates and visiting office workers. So there's no incentive for them to go upmarket. Just about every farm has been bought up and converted into housing or offices.
Some people were spending over 2 hours each day commuting to and from work.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: torok67

It's about personal choices at this point. I know where the trouble is most likely to occur and I avoid those places. It's as simple as that.

"And the ostrich of the year award goes to....."

Avoiding a problem will not cause it to magically cease to exist. Criminals love a victims cowardice avoidance... it emboldens them and makes them even hungrier. Your switching lanes merely allows the person behind you to take the head on collision.

Way to go.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

originally posted by: DAVID64
Well, since Commifornia doesn't allow concealed carry, [ But you can damn well bet the bad guys have'em ]. I suggest start carrying a blade. Comes in very handy sometimes. How do the folks from California feel, knowing that their govt doesn't care about your safety?
A great example showing that self defense is on YOU, not sitting there waiting for the cops to show up and save you.

Actually, it does allow concealed carry by permit. And many of my friends, along with myself, have either recently gotten permits or are in the process. As I mentioned in my post after yours, its the wild west again.

So California now grants permits to us serfs? The way it used to be, was you had to be rich and have a good reason to be granted one.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I don't believe they specify.

Hmm.

Isn't it typical that when such information is omitted from the news reports that the identity of the perpetrators turns out to be of one or two certain minorities?

No.

Have people on this site learned nothing from similar past assertions?
edit on 10Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:55:11 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

This one should blow people away. I think it just happened this week. Of all places. Watch to half way at least.. wow

edit on 30-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
This was actually pretty common in London in the 90s, they called it steaming. Would start at one end of the train and jack everyone as they moved through the carriages. They usually had knives and hammers which was scary enough... must be quite terrifying if they have guns.

Yep.

Of course, is one of the strictest gun control states in the nation, so odds are that every one of the guns would be illegal.

But I would point out that even if this were in a state with very liberal gun laws allowing even open carry ... it's extremely likely that every one of the guns these kids might have would be illegal.

Wait, you... you know why that is, right?

Mulford Act - Republican legislation supported by the NRA to strip public carry because the Black Panthers had been patrolling while openly displaying arms.

Governor Ronald Reagan at the time saw:

"no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
the thing i want to understand is why are all the most dangerous parts of this country run by democrats? is it overpopulation that's the problem or is it politics?

There are many other countries with far more liberal forms of government than Democrats dare to tread which have far lower rates of crime.

Look for another cause, because it ain't ideological leanings.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

EXACTLY!!! These are roving mobs of black feral inner city youth committing horrendous acts of violence and mayhem and it is happening all over the nation!! In places you wouldn't even expect! Look it up, it occurs DAILY!!

This one should blow people away. I think it just happened this week. Of all places. Watch to half way at least.. wow

Good Lord! When was this? I get up to Anchorage for business once in awhile and this is the last place on Earth I'd expect something like this!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

EXACTLY!!! These are roving mobs of black feral inner city youth committing horrendous acts of violence and mayhem and it is happening all over the nation!! In places you wouldn't even expect! Look it up, it occurs DAILY!!

Good Lord! When was this? I get up to Anchorage for business once in awhile and this is the last place on Earth I'd expect something like this!

Saturday according to this.
www.adn.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: yuppa
Thatw why you need guards in each room to dispense a Azz kicking instead of a spanking. Maybe a bullet to the knee sometimes.

No, that's not what you need. What you need is to eliminate those who aren't there to learn all together. The problem is we either force or allow those who are young criminals and thugs entry into schools and expect them to behave correctly. They won't. They don't know how to act that way.

There is always some degree of misbehaving by kids, but anyone that requires police custody or armed guards doesn't belong on a campus at all.

Now at first you may need security to clean out a campus, but maintaining one that is up to standard should be easier. But you don't want schools to become prisons.

I agree. Removing, permanently, those who are there to cause trouble, is the only sensible solution. Let their parents be responsible for educating them, and let them be responsible for supporting themselves later on. No welfare for anyone removed for discipline issues, either! Some of these kids don't want to learn. Why should we force the schools to keep them in class?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

"Wealth inequality"?!?!? Sorry, but NO. Having less money than someone else is not an excuse to rob them. There are plenty of poor people who would never, ever, consider doing what these "youths" did. This is, 100%, a cultural issue, with kids thinking they can do whatever they want, and claim victim status as an excuse. It's no excuse!! Income level isn't an excuse. Skin color isn't an excuse. Age isn't an excuse. There is no excuse. This is criminal behavior, period. They are their own problem.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join