It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier severely beaten for attending parade in uniform.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why are they so certain it was from his uniform alone?

I'd wager that after the group, or someone in it, said something about his jacket/uniform that he made a smart-ass remark back to them, and from there the situation just escalated until they jumped him.

That would be be my guess.

A shame, nevertheless.

Ya think?

Me too.

Never trust one sided stories.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
No description of his attackers?

There was a description. It was 15 against 1 guy.

That's all the description I need.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Austin French was leaving the Mummers parade in Philadelphia when a group of 10-15 people attacked him because of his military jacket.

15 against 1. Really? I had to send this soldier 50 dollars thru gofundme. That was all I could afford til I get paid.

www.gofundme.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Neith
a reply to: Natas0114

The guy needs to hire a Biker gang.

As long as it's not an outlaw bike gang, those people physically assault enough innocent people as it is.

Ahem. Not unless you act like a dummy they dont(for the most part) but there are always exceptions to that.

Of course there is.

All i ever see them do is extort, shoot other rival gang members (see Warren, Ohio),with innocents often trapped in the way, and selling drugs though lower level mule gangs. Oh, I've personally witnessed more than one person violently attacked by them for some perceived slight. In my younger, more foolish years i used to frequent bars that often had an outlaw biker presence.

They are criminals and should be treated as such.

Uh huh. im friends with a member of the outlaws and they arent as bad as you think.

Just like not all cops are good guys, not all members of an OMC are raging douche bags.

Pretending otherwise is silly, regardless of which way one is pretending.

never said they were all angels either did i? But the man I am arguing with says ALL of them are that way.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
It was most likely a group of young blacks. I live in a city well-segregated like Philly and I'll tell you one thing that might save your life. If you come across a group of more than two young blacks you'd better hightail it out of there as quick as you can, to hell with your pride.

Yes, you should run even if you're carrying. You don't wanna take the chance of being disarmed, not with those numbers.

Many of you will call this racist. I don't care. It's a life lesson and holds true and until that truth no longer exists it is what it is.

i'd like you to pay to take you to barbados,jamaica, africa, or atlanta, new york, la, texas, etc... just to watch your heart burst. good luck in your bubble.

edit on 5-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Wear that cover indoors, see what you'll get. There's one exception - do you know it?

If you're armed. And I will agree it is a stupid thing to do these days, and he's suppose to remove them while on leave, but getting put in the hospital because of it shouldn't happen in the USA. Maybe on a tour, or unfriendly soil, but not at home.

If this type of gangbangers behavior keeps up, most likely will see uniformed soldiers that are armed patrolling our streets.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
15 v 1 yet ppl still wanna play devils advocate.

Pray you never find yourself under such circumstances, you will buckle.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Despite digging in, I was unable to find a description of the attackers.

Fake Perspective News strikes again!

Christ, give it a rest. "Fake news!!!11" is the latest lazy cliché you're all tossing around.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Unfortunately, "Fake news" is a thing..so everything coming from the MSM must be scrutinized.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Police released limited descriptions of the attackers. They described the suspect who punched Freni as a white man between the ages of 18 to 20. The group of attackers also included 10 white men and one black man, all ages 18 to 20.

No further descriptive characteristics were provided. In an interview Thursday with Fox 29, Lori Freni described the alleged attackers as wearing "nothing descriptive," saying their clothing ranged from "jeans to boots to vests."

www.phillyvoice.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Looking at the other articles, the guy has a habit of wearing his cover indoors. Maybe the beating was deserved.

Maybe he learned that from "HolLeftwood"... After all Hollywood loves to make military movies in which many times military personnel wear their covers indoors. Heck, there are several movies in which military personnel are indoors and they "salute" without their covers...

Those "Holleftwood" directors are so confused... In their latest stupid action, which imo was done on purpose in their fight for more gun control, in the movie "Captain America:Civil War" Captain America proclaims, to the clamor of the left, that terrorists using fully automatic rifles were using AR-15s...

edit on 8-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
btw, not sure if it has been posted, but here is a video of that report from Fox29.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Heck, there are several movies in which military personnel are indoors and they "salute" without their covers...

I have to swear to be quiet any time I take the missus to a military themed movie.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was thinking of wearing my old field jacket today but after reading this, I think I'll stick to civvies.

Pretty messed up that things like this even happen at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It is likely his "whiteness" played as much of a role in making him a target of hate and violence.

So the guy who punched him in the face, according to the folks who got attacked, was white.

As were 10 of the 11 described men in the group that attacked the man.

So, probably not. I imagine this story will be buried by folks here now that oh hey it's a bunch of white guys (and one black guy) who assaulted a soldier.

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Describing the attackers would likely go against the social justice narrative.
We can't have that.

Yeah, wouldn't want to blame white guys for beating up a soldier.

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
No description of his attackers? Gosh I wonder why that would be? /sarc

Apparently not for the reason you thought. Things don't always turn out like you want.

originally posted by: peskyhumans
Absolute BS. The only reason for the media to hide the ethnicity of the attackers is because it doesn't fit with their agenda. Whenever a white person commits a crime, the media make sure to rub it in our faces 1000 times over. Whenever it's a minority, the silence is deafening. It's 100% assured that his muggers were either black or middle eastern.

Why not keep your stupid comments to yourself?

Triggered yet? Melt, snowflake. Melt.

Apparently, the reason was they didn't know it at the time... maybe you should take your own advice.

originally posted by: Tempter
It was most likely a group of young blacks. I live in a city well-segregated like Philly and I'll tell you one thing that might save your life. If you come across a group of more than two young blacks you'd better hightail it out of there as quick as you can, to hell with your pride.

Yes, you should run even if you're carrying. You don't wanna take the chance of being disarmed, not with those numbers.

Many of you will call this racist. I don't care. It's a life lesson and holds true and until that truth no longer exists it is what it is.

Turns out it wasn't. Unsurprisingly, given that it was the Mummers Parade.

Here's a life lesson for you: don't jump to conclusions.

originally posted by: tribal
what is the actual likelihood they will catch the perps without video footage?

as for the "race" of the attackers, its obvious they are non white and i say obvious because like another member pointed out whenever the story doesnt include any description of the attackers its almost always because they are non white. Do you really think none of the three victims noticed the preponderance of distinct racial features of the attackers? Do you really think they would withhold that information from reporters?

what a joke.

What is "obvious" is not always what is right.
edit on 11Sun, 08 Jan 2017 11:39:28 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I'd wager that after the group, or someone in it, said something about his jacket/uniform that he made a smart-ass remark back to them, and from there the situation just escalated until they jumped him.

That would be be my guess.

A shame, nevertheless.

It turns out that this was pretty close; a lot closer than the other assumptions in this thread.

Police describe men in attack on soldier after Mummers Parade:

Freni was using his cell phone and attempting to secure a hotel room as his group walked along the 400 block of Oregon Avenue, police said. During the conversation, Freni mentioned he was in the Army as a group of young men walked by.

One of the men made a derogatory comment about the Army, in general, police said. As Freni turned to respond, his mother responded, leading to an "angry" verbal exchange.

When Austin Freni confronted the man about his comments, the man allegedly punched him in the face, knocking Freni to the ground. Freni's mother and girlfriend told police that the other men then assaulted them before walking away.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So what did I miss? Sorry this is the first time me is responding to a Fake News story

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Has anyone heard more on this story? Was this just a random group of thugs, or is it possible that this was one of those "stolen valor" situations?

More than likely just some "kids" with bad home training making a "mistake", but I thought we could cover this possibility as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian
Bunch of white guys and one black guy beat up a white soldier after what seems to be a verbal altercation per the report.

Bunch of racists in the thread get their assumptions demolished.

There haven't been many responses since that flurry of ignorance was thrashed.

To wit: According to Lori Freni, 39, a man in the group said: " 'Oh, tough guy, you're in the Army? The Army is a bunch of p---ies.' "
edit on 22Mon, 09 Jan 2017 22:02:29 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

if indeed he was purposefully attacked for his military service it should be a hate crime! i would like to hear more facts before i form an opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join