It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Forum for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Please

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe there's a campaign to suppress knowledge of the looming changes? For political reasons?

Other names for the Forum besides Accelerated Change:

* Sci-Fi Times (credit to another member, but forget who)

* Fast Forward

edit on 7/3/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Accelerating Change is the proper term. I remember way back in the day whenever I'd play COast To Coast, George Noory and his guests always seemed to be talking about "the quickening", although not speaking directly at tech. But if there's was ever anything to it, tech was ultimately what they were anecdotally 'sensing'.

Stephen Hawking: Artificial intelligence could wipe out humanity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Eugenics - Guiding Canadas Policies

What Exactly Are People Marching for When They March for Science

How Designer Proteins Could Change Your Life

Elon Musk: Robots will take your jobs, government will have to pay your wage

Elon Musk: Become cyborgs or risk humans being turned into robots' pets

Scientists Want to Build a Super-Fast, Self-Replicating Computer That "Grows as It Computes"

"neoholographic" has many threads too!

Musk fears GOOGLE robot army could destroy humanity...

Humans as pets for AI

Trump VS the Robots

Future Robots May be Considered “Electronic Persons”

Elon Musk is making progress on Neural Lace, a computer interface woven into the brain

OpenAI Versus Skynet: How Elon Musk and Y Combinator Plan to Stop Computers From Taking Over

Elon Musk launches $1bn fund to save world from destruction by artificial intelligence

Will Artificial Intelligence one day need to march for liberty and equal rights?

Most of that is just a couple pages in searching for |elon musk robots|

edit on 8-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Accelerating Change is the proper term.

Yes, it is - just not that 'sexy.' ...Sometimes it's good to use a 'hook,' then use the proper term and explain once people are listening.

Great job with the updates btw. Wish I could 'star' you!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Every day I find 5 or 6 news stories that fit with this concept, but I won't be posting them anymore. Sorry. Just tired of every thread being twisted to a "us against them," "Republicans against Democrats" polarized, mindless free-for-all that's encouraged and supported by many mods, sans intelligent aware discussion. So I'll go with the flow, and only post political crap for the fans. If I bother.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just my musing on the subject, nothing official.

But if the forum isn't made wouldn't the AI/Singularity make it in the future? Of course by then that would also be all the posters/thread starters as well. So maybe it wouldn't make it after all...

But 2021 is coming, I wonder if I will be able to carry nearly 80GB in my head by then too.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that such a topic is one of the most pressing and serious issues facing humanity in modern times.

I'm not sure that most understand just how close this is, or how truly massive of a shift it might be. In my opinion, we haven't faced such a large change since the Neolithic Revolution.

We are in a position to approach this shift consciously and wisely, and a distinct forum works towards that end. If it just "happens," and we are forced to play catch up like always, the disparity between technology and our cultural/social maturity could truly be a problem.

We here at ATS can do our part to accomplish this. Lets save all of humanity by making the new forum a reality!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Hi Sofi,

I like this idea, we're discussing it. The only issue is it's lots of work to create a new forum, we can't just "click" one into existence like most people seem to think so when we do we have to be sure it's going to be busy.

Happy Pi Day. :-)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Hi Sofi,

I like this idea, we're discussing it. The only issue is it's lots of work to create a new forum, we can't just "click" one into existence like most people seem to think so when we do we have to be sure it's going to be busy.

Happy Pi Day. :-)

YES! Sounds great. ...I do wonder how busy it might be at first. We might have to be patient. Or maybe not, if Japan is any kind of indicator..

Happy Pi Day to you too! :-)

Japanese robotics

There are many variations of Japanese robotics. Some different types of robots are: Humanoid Entertainment Robots, Androids, Animal (four-legged) Robots, Social Robots, Guard Robots, and many more. There are also a variety of characteristics for these robots.

The Robotics industry is more important in Japan than any other country in the world. Japan employs over a quarter of a million industrial robot workers. In the next 15 years, Japan estimates that number to jump to over one million and they expect revenue for robotics to be near $70 billion by 2025.[1]

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Creepy Seminar with DARPA's Dr. Duncan

Microwave camera and through-the-wall audio surveillance

Gray Eagle Unmanned Aerial System company comes to the Korean Peninsula

A Robot Lawyer Is Officially Assisting With Refugee Applications

-its Digital Heroin how screens turn kids into psychotic junkies-

Is a Universal Basic Income(UBI) coming?

a reply to: Springer

Thank you!

originally posted by: soficrow
I do wonder how busy it might be at first.

It will only get busier, and bbussiieerr, and bbbuuusssiiieeerrr, ad infinitum, as per the Law of Accelerating Returns.

originally posted by: soficrow

Every day I find 5 or 6 news stories that fit with this concept, but I won't be posting them anymore. Sorry. Just tired of every thread being twisted to a "us against them," "Republicans against Democrats" polarized, mindless free-for-all that's encouraged and supported by many mods, sans intelligent aware discussion. So I'll go with the flow, and only post political crap for the fans. If I bother.

It can be annoying stuff like that, derailing period.

Hell, with all that noise it just took me nearly a year to deconstruct all of it to then finally bring it back full circle to where my herein work kind of left off in 2010.

In the acute instances though, you just gotta be able to take their red herring and twist it back into the proper scope. Hard to properly describe, but I know its possible to momentarily derail a thread in a post, yet reign it back in. Dealing with all the drama topics the past year I know I sure got good at handling endless red herring barrages, reigning them back in in a post in the process, while turning it into a lecture of 'this is how you go off topic to make a point without actual being a derailful troll' in the closing sentence.

Regardless of strategies and coping mechanisms, when people come in trying to derail, its often a good sign its a worth effort. Other times, the bumps actually do help too to keep a thread from death.
edit on 14-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

...you just gotta be able to take their red herring and twist it back into the proper scope. Hard to properly describe, but I know its possible to momentarily derail a thread in a post, yet reign it back in.

I agree - but when Mods routinely jump in on the derail to support it...

Hence my hissy snit-fit the other day.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

We all have our MELTDOWNS in this 'line of work'

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Regardless of strategies and coping mechanisms, when people come in trying to derail, its often a good sign its a worth effort. Other times, the bumps actually do help too to keep a thread from death.

I noticed that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join