It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Robot Lawyer Is Officially Assisting With Refugee Applications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here ya go! Two hot-button issues in one single package.

Automation AND refugees. What more could you ask for?

A Robot Lawyer Is Officially Assisting With Refugee Applications

When Joshua Browder developed the chatbot for DoNotPay, the original idea was just to help people out with their traffic ticket woes. DoNotPay has since successfully overturned more than 200,000 disputable parking tickets in London, New York, and Seattle. It’s also given free legal aid to people who couldn’t afford lawyers for their emergency housing issues. The 20-year old Browder, a student at Stanford University, has now turned his robot lawyer to helping refugees seeking asylum.

The chatbot was a product of more than six months of hard work, as Browder had to work with various lawyers to train his artificially intelligent (AI) chatbot. “I wanted to make sure I got it right because it’s such a complicated issue,” Browder told The Guardian. “I kept showing it to lawyers throughout the process and I’d go back and tweak it. That took months and months of work, but we wanted to make sure it was right.” Now, it helps refugees fill out immigration applications to the U.S. and Canada, while it offers assistance for asylum support in the U.K.

Instead of refugees filing out applications themselves, they simply chat with this robot lawyer. Everything is done in plain English. ...

...Browder’s chatbot also demonstrates how AI can greatly improve our lives. This chatbot isn’t the first AI to dabble in law. There’s IBM Watson’s robot lawyer named Ross, and the AI lawyer that reviewed human rights cases in Europe. But what Browder’s work has added is a unique, simplified interface that most people can relate to. Everyone who has access to the internet and Facebook Messenger can easily avail themselves of its services.

The Challenge: Make this about Party Politics.

edit on 13-3-2017 by soficrow because: format

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
Here ya go! Two hot-button issues in one single package.

Skynet is a democrat.

(for the wiiiin!)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol, is he she it, "multi cultural", too? What about language? does it speak all languages and dialects?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sounds like any piece of software that's been around to help people fill out legal forms that's been around for 2 decades.

Just an incremental improvement on that stuff.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Has it got a mother a robot mother that it can sell down the river? Has it been programmed to shamelessly profit from human misery?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

OBAMA did it while conspiring with Hillary Clinton!!!

Did I win the internet???

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol, is he she it, "multi cultural", too? What about language? does it speak all languages and dialects?

It better!!
Dealing with immigration and all.
And might even learn to teach itself stuff!!

Is it male or female? We can't keep calling it "he she". Uh oh, I just called it "it". Is that bad too?😳

Maybe he she it could teach governments the importance of good data base records too, this entire continent is lacking, although there's likely hundreds of good programmers not working in governments because of cutbacks.
He she it could also teach governments how to govern...oh wait.....

Sky net better not have a political affiliation 🙁

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh boy... Elysium anyone?

edit on 13-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Parenting is probably the next thing up for automation...

edit on 13-3-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

He, she, or they? Listening in too...

You've seen the commercial for the 'advisor' hockey puck things you put in your house to talk to?

They have female names. So do the warning voices in cockpits, lol-- Pull out, pull out!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

top topics

join