It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Thought She Was Crazy: Doctor Extracts RFID Chip From Sex Trafficking Victim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here is an article right out of 1984 only worse ! If the story is true this girl is darn lucky to have evaded her trackers and found a Doctor who would follow through.. Actually with the cost of X-Rays and lab techs in the states I would have expected at least an attempt to discover if she was telling the truth or really paranoid...

It turns out that it wasn’t a GPS device, but an RFID chip. “It’s used to tag cats and dogs. And someone had tagged her like an animal, like she was somebody’s pet that they owned.”

In a way, that makes it even creepier than a GPS device. RFID chips have a very short range. To be useful for tracking someone’s position, they would have to be kept confined in an area where the right equipment is in place to send or receive signals from the chip. The doctor would later discover that this woman was a victim of sex trafficking.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

explain to me how the anonymity of the doctor somehow " protects " the patient ?

PS - usefull info - IF its was a standard vetinary RFID then its scan // read range = < 50cm

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So who inserted the chip?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They should be able to track down the maker of that chip and simply follow the trail of where it went from the time it was made to where it finally ended up. Or close to it anyway.

Once the trail starts getting cold you snatch up those people and make them talk.

That's crazy to think about though. She was probably kept in a place with readers spaced out to limit her mobility. Plus they could just scan her and her other victims and trade them like cattle.

We live in a sick GD world. Technology just makes evil more efficient.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Her 'pimp', but in this case, obvious human trafficking and not her choice. They get better with the technology.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They should be able to track down the maker of that chip and simply follow the trail of where it went from the time it was made to where it finally ended up. Or close to it anyway.

Once the trail starts getting cold you snatch up those people and make them talk.

That's crazy to think about though. She was probably kept in a place with readers spaced out to limit her mobility. Plus they could just scan her and her other victims and trade them like cattle.

We live in a sick GD world. Technology just makes evil more efficient.

The chips will be made in China, inserted by someone with at least nursing knowledge. The chip producer will not be found.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
F#ck me. faith in humanity is lost in 3...2...1.... and there it is,

In the words of the great Farnsworth "I do not want to live on this planet any more"

RA

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Or the chip could have been a very simple accounting method. Every time she entered the designated love nest she got scanned and however many tricks she turned for her captors at a known cost was a way of stopping theft of the assets from those who supposedly received the money for services rendered...

That is the only thing I can think of but there are probably more possible theories?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is done, but I saw a short movie last night

*trigger warning for anyone*** I mean anyone*****

The chip is inserted jut below the major artery in the wrist, so that if you try to take it out of yourself, you will bleed out.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Star for you Reldra, finally something we agree on.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

And past that, I would avoid bio chips in general. They will become normal. I would say no. I would imagine they will be put in sensitive places like that, even if only for office work.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Star for you Reldra, finally something we agree on.

Well, I am a CT, we would eventually agree on something.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Eventually, banks and such will want these chips to be normal, unless they go with retina scans. But I am thinking they will push implants first. Younger people will find it easier to pay for things that way and find it a fashion thing. Others will be uncomfortable with a retina scan, as many as are uncomfortable with laser eye surgery at least.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

As has been said, the chip can't be tracked.

So I don't see the point of doing it, unless it was psychological.

I've found articles from 2016 too, so I wonder what come of it..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Her boyfriend did, according to the article.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The fear campaign against them is amazing. Almost none of it is real.

This story has me asking questions. What was the purpose of the RFID? It's funny how we don't even know that, but we know they're scary because this story.

As mentioned, these are difficult to track.(Someone said impossible, that's not true.)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Understanding how it works is a huge part of the saftey of RFID. The majority of people that think these track location are wrong.

The second issue is what purpose other than tracking could the perpetrators have had? A RFID chip is basically an internet webpage. Maybe it allowed her to take creditcards from tap-phones. Or maybe it just contained her information.

But as someone that works with these everyday, I can almost promise you they were not attempting to track her 'location'.

The article mentions these used in Dogs, they don't track the dogs either. It's so that if the dog is randomly found, owner information can be scanned and returned to the owner.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

The fear campaign against them is amazing. Almost none of it is real.

This story has me asking questions. What was the purpose of the RFID? It's funny how we don't even know that, but we know they're scary because this story.

As mentioned, these are difficult to track.(Someone said impossible, that's not true.)

RFID normally just gives information. Like your dog gets out. Someone brings it to a vet, the vet scans the dog and bingo, they have your contact information. Nice.

But they are are wireless at short ranges. RFID is used to pay tolls, identify unscanned merchandise at at a checkpoint and...with an app can track YOU at short distances. Those are normally called 'microchips'.

They can now be used to find YOU depending on how far and how complicated the chip cost. I bought a rfid wifi chip for my housemate so he can find his phone if lost. With an app on a laptop, it can be found form 25 feet away. It was a Christmas present. It was 9.99. I wonder what the range would be at 99.999 or 999.99.

Scary stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You're not wrong that these can have bigger applications, but you have to keep in mind the amount of power it takes. You're not going to be able to fit a battery into your body.

Also pay tolls are infinitely more simple than attempting to scan a "RFID" chip out of someones body wirelessly. The passive frequency is sometimes the toll, and the reader is in the car. Your car is tracking the toll is most cases. Most systems did not previously utilize passive tags at all because they couldn't be read, while the idea of injecting something in someones body is only possible with a passive tag.

In short: The power of the tag is important, not just the power of the reader range. Most injectables fall under "NFC" and do not work over a foot.
edit on 22-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
So who inserted the chip?

THAT'S easy enough, you can buy the kits over the counter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join