It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a dream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Daniidoom
Dreams are great. At least mine used to be. Then about 8 years ago, I started taking Melotonin to Sleep for about a year I had the wildest dreams of my life...then they stopped...completely stopped. Melotonin no longer helps me to go to sleep and I rarely dream any more.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Freeborn
Genuine question; do dreams actually serve any practical purpose?

If we didn't sleep and dream, we'd go insane.
The purpose is to preserve our sanity.
That's what I was taught in Psychology class decades ago.
The mind has to unwind and it does a 'free for all' kind of thing.
The science may or may not have changed on that.

Anyways .. interesting internet piece about why we dream what we dream and mental health -
Sleep Doctor Click Here

I very very rarely dream I can count on one hand the number of dreams I have had in years FF and I can go weeks without sleep and have done since I was a child , a lot of times I am lucky to sleep 5 + hours in a week and it seems to go in cycles for some reason.

I can get 20 minutes sleep and it feels like I have slept for 8 hours , I read a lot which passes the time for me and I laugh at claims that humans go nuts after 10 days of no sleep .

99% of sleep medication I have had from my doctor I get immune to in days and can take vast amounts of them and it does nothing to me after 3 days of use , the only medication that works is Valiium/benzos I do not get immune to them and sleep like a baby with one 10 mg pill for 8 hours , Guess what my doctors refuse to prescribe me for the last 25 + years Valium even when I protest that I do not take them to get a head on and only use them for sleep I still get knocked back

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Guess what my doctors refuse to prescribe me for the last 25 + years Valium even when I protest that I do not take them to get a head on and only use them for sleep I still get knocked back .

My mother-in-law still gets a script for the whites(2mg) that she keeps for me now and again.

I use them for the same purposes as yourself aka insomnia.

Whatever you do mate, please dont consider the street alternative(Etizolam) because they kill people.

Ive literally had about 8 mates that i used to go to school with succumb to street blues.

People simply drop like flies.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Guess what my doctors refuse to prescribe me for the last 25 + years Valium even when I protest that I do not take them to get a head on and only use them for sleep I still get knocked back .

My mother-in-law still gets a script for the whites(2mg) that she keeps for me now and again.

I use them for the same purposes as yourself aka insomnia.

Whatever you do mate, please dont consider the street alternative(Etizolam) because they kill people.

Ive literally had about 8 mates that i used to go to school with succumb to street blues.

People simply drop like flies.

People were dropping like flies with dodgy internet drugs and never was a warning issued by the government about bad batches of pills especially zanax in one weekend over the lock down 3 people died in my area with them and nothing was said , anti phycotic pills from India that look exactly like doctors Valium were /are circulating and a certain percentage of the population taking them will go nuts , one girl at her birthday party went up stairs and hanged herself while her friends were downstairs wondering what was taking her so long .

Even saying to the doctors that I am not a mad funkie taking them for a buzz and would like to do this scientifically does no good Andy computer always says no for me ?

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Multiverse and someday we will figure out how to connect...

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the dream state is reality. The body can be dead permanently or temporarily,but at least for the latter conciousness persists in what appears to be a more aware form.That is proven with little reasonable doubt, then we ask can you communicate with another individual in the dream state. I suggest yes absolutely but you have to be open to it,if you don't believe that it is possible then the belief system wont allow it. Belief systems are control systems.The Christian Church decided to scrap reincarnation back in the day. but the reality depends on the level of proof you want, Controlling people with a few wild talents might cause chaos.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:18 AM
link   

A dream is a doorway that takes one behind the wall of sleep.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I have had several series of dreams that take place in what i like to call "darkworld (insert name of my city here"
in this dream world, its the city i live in, but it is ALWAYS night, hence why i call it darkworld.

over a period of time, this darkworld started to be in other places in my dreams. one time it was "darkworld new york"

in this dream world i call darkworld there are a lot of supernatural beings and interesting things.

i started to have this theory that my "darkworld" was a section or maybe dimension overlapping the astral plane.

<< 1   >>

join