It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Morning Shedisans! Hope you're having a lovely day. It's a bit gray and drizzly here, which in February means ice. Here's hoping my car-skating home this afternoon is not too dangerous. YIKES

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Is it anything like this?

This is what I have to deal with today. I have to run some errands this morning.

If I'm not back in 2hours call out the dogs.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Not that serious. We're getting freezing rain here.

I'm guessing it's the same storm though, and you are either north and east of me, or due north.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour
(Shed 13) Page 69 - What You Can't See
(Shed 13) Page 70 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 1
(Shed 13) Page 73 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 2
(Shed 13) Page 120 - News Comes to the Lord Captain
(Shed 13) Page 130 - Lowaeren
(Shed 13) Page 133 - An Unexpected Visitor
(Shed 13) Page 138 - A Dangerous Game
(Shed 13) Page 140 - Jutaera Baeler
(Shed 13) Page 148 - The Kala Ratoen

Today's episode: The Proper Maintenance of Balance

Gaalen thought just for a moment that he may have actually impressed the woman – a thought that remained oddly buoyant in his mind – but that notion was quickly dispelled. “You can set the laths down. Good. Now, push me, as hard as you can.”

“I will not!” her expression darkened instantly.

Gaalen shook his head. “Etiquette has no place here. If you ever need to use this training, Seeress Meron, you’d best ignore all semblance of propriety, else you will be well-mannered and dead. Now please, I insist. Push me.”

If his reprimand offended her, she gave no sign, other than to knock him completely off his feet as she rammed into him, both hands balled into fists that she planted solidly on his chest. Gaalen hit the ground with a thud, and sat up chuckling. Siere maintained an icy stare for several moments, but his laughter must have infected her. A small smile crept on her face and she began to look a bit sheepish.

“Now that,” Gaalen grinned as he stood up, surreptitiously rubbing his chest, “was excellent!” She was actually quite strong for one so slender. Picking up the laths, he spread his feet apart, one slightly back from the other, and bent his knees into a crouch. Next he traced a line in the dirt around the toes of his back boot and tossed the laths aside. “Now, I beg you, please do it again. Just as hard.”

He thought he saw a hard knot of determination form in her eyes, which narrowed slightly. Then she rushed forward at him, but this time her blow hit center and slid to the side as he twisted his shoulders slightly. She lost her footing and tumbled to the dirt just past him.

For a moment, she stayed on all fours, looking at the ground.

“Well done. I could not have demonstrated better myself.”

“And what exactly was the point of that, Lord Braeghe?” she asked acidly. The look as though she would hit him had returned. She pulled her hair back over her ear, and tried to wipe dirt off her cheek. She succeeded only in smearing it further with the dirt on her hand.

“Balance. Always maintain your balance. Knees slightly bent, weight off your heels. In a fight – any fight – if you find yourself on the ground, you may soon find yourself dead.” He pointed down to where he had drawn the line in the dirt, still hugging the outline of his boot. His foot had not moved. “Proper balance can often repel or deflect a rush attack with ease.”

They worked for the better part of an hour, with Gaalen going over the fundamentals of ro-ti. Gaalen was not a master of the discipline, but he was competent and had instructed cadets before. Seeress Meron was in excellent shape, with surprising stamina. She was passable most of the drills on the first or second try, and did not make mistakes more than once.
edit on 2-7-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nice entry.

Well I am back.

Dang messy weather.

Coming back home, The precip turned into a freezing drizzle.

My window's started icing up. Temp is 24. We have NNW wind of 12mph. And a Humidity of 92%

Expecting that wind to kick up tonite coming from the North.

Glad to be home and not have to go out for a few days. Saturday we will get above freezing.

WOOO HOOO! Ice Fishing

edit on 7-2-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thank you, Kat. I'm very glad to see you have returned safe & sound. Freezing rain is nothing to mess with, but I am certain you already knew that.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I know you enjoy cooking.

I am having shrimp salad for my dinner tonite. Here is the recipe I plan on using.
www.onceuponachef.com...

Do you have any suggestions to make this better?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm flattered, Kat!

Thing is, with that recipe, the beauty is in its simplicity. The only suggestion I would have is to make your own mayonnaise with all-natural, all-organic ingredients. I can't stand store-bought mayo, but my wife made some homemade once and it was delicious.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Skid, saw the thread and replied. Loved the intro to the vid and started watching more, but didn't have a chance to get back to it yet. Very Shedlike!!! I can see how these game things can be addicting to people and I have enough running around online to do as it is. LOL

Shep, glad you are safe and sound! Loved the story entry!
I'll have to get my own story soon, but cooking and cleaning right now in between being online here.

Kat, sucky weather you have there. Ice fishing...just the thought of that makes me shiver. BRRR! I'd be afraid I'd be the one idiot that falls through the ice, plus I don't like killing animals. Glad I don't have to kill my own food or I'd be crying all the time. LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If you HAD to kill for your existence.

You could do it. I feel you are a very strong person.

Your a Survivior.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well I am not in the mood to make Mayo.LOL!!!

So I will give it try. I keep Old Bay in the house at all times.

It's good on Chicken too.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hiya Kat! Oh I know if I absolutely had to, I would. I'd still cry though. True story! LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I have sat my butt down, and I am watching "Dr Phil"

There talking about internet scammers.

This is hilarious. He has two scammers pitted against each other.

Turn on Dr Phil if you have the chance. This is so funny.

OMG!! It's a two parter. Dang, I have to work tomorrow.

I just love it now. It is light out at 5pm. I don't feel I have to go to bed soon. LOL!!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh, he has some great shows!
I catch them on youtube because I don't have television or cable, only Netflix.

edit on 7-2-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

YOUR COUNT DOWN..PLUS A EXTRA ONE FOR YOU..

edit on 7-2-2017 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I don't get the chance to watch him much either.

He comes on at 4pm here. So the TV is alway's on the weather channel. And I am usually getting dinner ready, doing laundry.... etc. This is just my time to get stuff done.

Right now I am doing laundry. I already made my salad. But I have the vacuum cleaner out in the middle of the room so I trip on it. LOL!!

I have to sweep tonite also. (Didn't in two days. Bad Mommy)

There's still the Housewives on tonight. I have really gotten in this. Kim Richards (Witch Mountain) I have so much empathy for that women.
As a child she worked for Disney. And she was molested by alot of her adult co-partners. So sad.

Remember Eddie Albert.

Just one of the many. Her parents were money whores.

And people wonder why she is the way she is. So Sad.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
CC, nice count down pics for Syx!

Kat, I don't watch that Housewives show, so I have no clue what's going on there.
I cooked earlier. I was going to do laundry and sweeping too, but tomorrow is another day.
Did a ton of dishes from cooking so at least that is out of the way.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Those are both real nice CC! Thank You!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Havent caught up yet in here and I think I missed a couple/few story entries?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

THANKS.

new topics

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join