It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

There you are Cutie! That was lovely! I take it there is a song that goes with those lyrics. And I bet you sing it too. Maybe even play the guitar to it. Good to see you!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
And I will stroll the merry way
And jump the hedges first
And I will drink the clear
Clean water for to quench my thirst
And I shall watch the ferry-boats
And they'll get high
On a bluer ocean
Against tomorrows sky
And I will never grow so old again
And I will walk and talk
In gardens all wet with rain
And I will raise my hand up
Into the night time sky
And count the stars
That's shining in your eye
Just to dig it all an not to wonder
That's just fine
And I'll be satisfied
Not to read in between the lines
And I will walk and talk
In gardens all wet with rain
And I will never, ever, ever, ever
Grow so old again.

VAN MORRISON

Here is another wonderful song by Van
This is the song that caused to discover him when I was a kid
Tupelo Honey

I do, by the way have a few small jars of Tupelo honey on hand at all times. It is exquiset

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There is an Elf in here that is as sweet as Tupelo Honey.
She may be an Elf, but, she is also,
and Angel of the first degree

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I was just heading off to bed and wanted to make a last stop in here before leaving. Thanks for the lovely tunes and your kind words. Big Hug for you Sweetie! Jeez, I'll be embarrassed if I'm not the Elf you were talking about.

Goodnight/Morning!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

She keeps snagging my hand away from the keyboard and then she starts licking me. She knows I hate being licked but she keeps doing it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
a reply to: ccbears

Girls, I have sent you all a PM. Direct Link to your inboxes

I'm warning you guys, it's a long message. But please read it through.

I hope you're all having a great day... I've gotta dash... See you all in a few days.

Hugs

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, I'm beginning to feel a little bit more human again... slowly but surely.

This flu bug was nasty!
(I have underlying Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which makes everything feel worse, but OMG that was definitely a bad one!)

I hope everyone else is doing fine?

Catching up.... Jings, I can only echo what's been said already by those who know better than me.

OK, I'd better get my boys dinner on...

G

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hiya Gordi!
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Being sick, well, sucks.

Good day/morn/evening to all Shedisans!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Get well soon, man. I hope you feel better.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi Skid! Doggie kisses, wet and sloppy. eeeew! LOL

John, got your message and replied. See you when you get back!

Gordi my favorite Scotsman, I figured you were still sick. That sucks! Glad you are feeling a little better at least.

Should be leaving soon. have a great day everyone!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hiya Shep, you snuck in while I was replying to the others. Have a great day!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

He he. That's me. Sneaky Shep.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour
(Shed 13) Page 69 - What You Can't See
(Shed 13) Page 70 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 1
(Shed 13) Page 73 - Lives Given, Lives Saved Part 2
(Shed 13) Page 120 - News Comes to the Lord Captain
(Shed 13) Page 130 - Lowaeren
(Shed 13) Page 133 - An Unexpected Visitor
(Shed 13) Page 138 - A Dangerous Game
(Shed 13) Page 140 - Jutaera Baeler

Today's episode: The Kala Ratoen

Sometime later, they stood facing each other, wooden practice swords laying off to the side.

“This really is not necessary. I will not so easily be surprised again.”

“Seeress, I know nothing of your tamborae, nor do I wish to. But I will not suffer to see you injured again while I am still charged with your protection. By your own account, you were taken by surprise and your talents rendered useless, at least for a time. I fear that the time may come again when you cannot work your magic. I intend to see you prepared for such an event.”

Siere chuckled.

“Something amuses you, Seeress?”

“Magic. tamborae is not magic. There is nothing magic or supernatural about it. In fact, it is the natural world that gives tamborae its power, although it was Aomm who revealed it to us and gave us the ability to use it.”

Gaalen let the comment go. He had no need for such nonsense. Aomm’s Gift or no Aomm’s Gift, a person should be able to keep themselves safe with quick wrists and good steel. After a short time, he launched into a version of Lady Captain Thorowen's basic swordsmanship lecture.

Kala ratoen is a martial discipline. It is comprised of several facets – ro-ti, a’karana, taa onáa, mishi-tae, and hala mokaeto. Ro-ti is knowledge of yourself. It is mostly about being aware of what your own natural strengths and weaknesses are. For example,” he said, raising his arms and putting his fists together, knuckle to knuckle. “Try to pull my hands apart.”

Siere looked at him quizzically. “You must be joking. You are much stronger than I.”

“Am I? Perhaps, but you will not know for certain until you try.” She looked at him flatly for a moment, pursing her lips on one corner of her mouth.

“Very well, if it will appease you.” Taking a breath, she gripped his forearms and pulled. Gaalen had never noticed before that she smelled vaguely of roses. Her face had begun to flush slightly when she gave up. Gaalen’s fists had not moved at all. He smiled. Seeress Meron looked as though she would give him a Correction. Or simply hit him. His smile faded a bit.

“I told you that was not a fair test.”

“Ah, but I am not through yet. Nor was that a test.” This time he held his forearms shoulder-width apart. “Now, try to squeeze them together.” Siere gave him a skeptical look, but once more she took a breath and put her hands on his arms, again filling his nose with the scent of roses. She exerted considerable effort, but she pushed his fists together. Gaalen nodded at her.

“Good. The muscles that push in a person’s chest are usually much stronger than the muscles that pull in your upper back. It follows, then, that a forehand strike will be more powerful than a backhand strike. You see? A small thing, but something that could save your life for knowing it. Now then, pick up the practice sword and hold it with your arm straight out.”

Siere held the bundle of laths straight out. They were weighted, though not particularly heavy, but it only took seconds before her arm began to quiver, and the tip of the training sword dipped ever lower. “Hold it up straight now,” Gaalen chided. Her eyes flashed at him, but she furrowed her brow in concentration, and the muscles of her jaw hardened as she redoubled her effort.

“Excellent, you can let it drop. Now, try it again, but bend your arm at the elbow and hold it in to your side, like so,” he demonstrated. She obeyed once more, easily holding the laths steady.

“Again,” Gaalen explained, “it’s a matter of which muscles you are using. Holding the sword straight out, you use only the small muscles in the shoulder, and the lever formed by your arm and the blade is very long. Keep your elbow in close and bent, and the bigger muscles in your upper arm, your back, and even your chest support those in your shoulder, and you hold a shorter lever. You will not tire as easily in a fight.” The corner of her mouth turned up ever the slightest. Gaalen thought just for a moment that he may have actually impressed the woman – a thought that remained oddly buoyant in his mind – but that notion was quickly dispelled.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Hi! How is your day?

Mine is good. I'm off because school is closed. I worked Saturday so this is my Sunday lol. I'm about to go to my friend's.

Yeah, she doesn't know when to stop lol. Molly gives kisses but they're these dainty little ones. She's such a princess.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I couldn't resist. LOL!!!!

Gordi. Sorry to hear you have been sick. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Now get to washing those dishes.

edit on 6-2-2017 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep.

I am very much enjoying your story.

Hope your having a good day.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh my Skid. That is so sweet.

Do they go bonkers when you get home from work?

You are a good doggie daddy.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

They come running down the stairs when I come in. Suzie pounces me and Molly mouths off lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Such unconditional love.

You are very blessed. And so are your girls.

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join