It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Gordi I am so very sorry. I am glad that you and family were able to be with her and see wasn't in pain. [[[HUGS]]]

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My deepest sympathy to you my friend.
You and your family are in Gail and my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

haha that's cute! I love how the other one is in the snow peeking out at them...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

G - you are in my prayers today.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry. My heart is with you and your loved ones.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

I read Contact for a book report as a 9th grader. The requirement was 3 books and a report on each. Contact was long enough that my teacher allowed me to only do 2 books. (The other was Jonathan Livingston Seagull, which if I recall correctly was about 100 pages but had a large number of pictures. This was well before Mr. Bach wrote an additional 4th part to the book.)

I found Contact absolutely engrossing and did not mind the 500+ pages. I am certain, however, the majority of the philosophical and theological elements escaped my teenage, testosterone-and-Mountain-Dew-fueled brain.

The cold is in fact gone, although it took until Sunday afternoon. Different issues today, hopefully something that a generous quantity of mint tea will alleviate.

Thank you for the advice - it is quite close to what I had done for myself. The tea tree/eucalyptus/peppermint combination I usually do with a drop of lemon oil as well; I simply put it on a tissue and hold that up, or put it in a diffuser and lock myself in a room for a while. Thieves Oil is another one that seems to be good for colds when diffused. For tea I went with what we had on hand and didn't expect much from it. I completely forgot about the manuka honey we have - it's infused with anti-microbial spices also.

I was very much a skeptic for herbal medicine for a long time, and in many respects still am. However, I now know there are things that are effective, especially nutritionally. We put a whole lot of junk into our bodies, much of it hidden in the industrialization of food; it's amazing the effect of simply cutting out chemicals, excess sugar, and processed food.

edit on 1-9-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview

Today's episode: Detour

“I can find my way to the Temple from here, Corporal, I have been there many times now,” she said as they left the inn near Market Square where Syna was employed as a scullery maid.

“I’m sorry, my Lady…ah…Lady Seeress Meron, he ordered me to stay with you.”

“He? Lord Braeghe?”

“Aye, Lord Braeghe told me I’d man the Bastion gate tower for the entire winter if I let you out of my sight.”

“I shall have a word with Lord Braeghe, this is really not necessary.”

“Beg pardon, my Lady…ah…”

“Seeress will do, Corporal.”

He looked relieved, and nodded slightly. “Beg pardon, Seeress, not sure it will do much good. See, I heard that Lady Macosai herself assigned the Shield…that is, ah, Lord Braeghe’s Color, to make sure you are safe as long as you are here.”

“I’m aware of that, but I am not a helpless girl.” The constant shadow was beginning to infuriate Siere. There was simply no reason for it, and she had better things to do. Things even Lady High Commander Macosai had no business knowing about.

She glanced up at the young soldier only to discover that he was not paying her any mind whatsoever. His gaze was scanning the market ahead, and the throng of people. They reached the edge of a crowd milling about aimlessly at the Castle Arch – the eastern entrance to the market.

“We should go around the market,” he said seriously.

“Around, whatever for?”

“Those are Avaanse Peacekeepers. Looks like an overturned wagon, right in the arch. Aomm only knows how that happened. But they won’t get this crowd moving for a good while yet. Never a good idea to be trapped in a crowd.”

“You can’t be serious. Even if someone was trying to harm me – which I doubt – I can defend myself!”

“Cannot defend what you cannot see, my…ah, Seeress. No, we are going around.” He looked to the alley on the left. Siere saw a full wagon of wine and brandy being unloaded behind a tavern by several men. He swiveled to the right. Siere followed his gaze and saw the alley was open except for one figure down at the far end. “This way,” he said, chivvying her toward the alley.

“Enough!” she snapped in irritation. She resolved to speak with Lord Braeghe about the caliber of men he was assigning to her security detail. She was so irritated that she had a fleeting thought of giving the man a Command. His kir was clean, a circle of bright silver embedded in his forehead. I do not need some device to get a man to do what I need him to do, she thought fiercely.

They proceeded forward at a steady pace, but Corporal Baeler seemed ill at ease. “Stay behind me,” he growled low.

“I will not!” He ignored her.

Siere began rehearsing the reprimand she intended to give Lord Braeghe.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Now that you wrote that masterpiece it's time for you to go get you writer status.

Her is my entry.
The Wicked Wild West Time Traveller [STT2017]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Hi folks, sad news I'm afraid.

My mum passed away about an hour and a half ago. (Just after 1pm GMT UK)
We were with her and she was peaceful and not in any pain.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

kindest regards,
G

My deepest sympathy to you and the family my dear friend! Knowing she is not in pain is a comfort. I know how gut wrenching it must be for you, but we are all here and filled with love for you. You are not alone in your sorrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Gordi I am so sorry to hear about you mom.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

Literally just saw the new contest, JD. Yikes - I'm more of an epic-fantasy, battles, sorcery, and heart-tugging emotional kind of writer. I have never written a lick of satire.

Will need some serious thought on this one.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I know you will come up with a great story!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For those of you who pray, let us pray for Gordi and his family, for the strength and courage in the days ahead for the family. If you don't pray, keep them in your thoughts and heart and send out healing vibes.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Gordi, of course I am so very sorry for your loss and please know in your heart that all of us are wrapping our arms around you and your loving family.

She is free, my friend.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Mac, stay warm! I don't know how you handle the cold like you do. Maybe you're part polar bear.

Ellie, my Husband is a guitar player too. I learned a little, but never stuck with it. We too like heavy metal and rock.

Skid, hello! I hope you, Mom and the girls are all well. Good luck with your new job! It sounds like a good place to work.

Jess, good luck with college! You're a smart cookie and I know you will do well!

Tom, hello to you and Gail! I hope our dear Bug will return to us soon!

Shep, nice story entry! I saw the movie 'Contact' and really enjoyed it! I used to read a lot about herbs and medicinal uses years ago. I have probably forgotten most of what I read by now. I know tea tree oil is a very beneficial herb, but I can't get past the horrible smell. I have to be careful if taking any kind of herbal supplements as they do not always work well with prescribed meds. People always assume if it is natural it is safe. It can be, but not always.

JD, I'll get to your story later. We have company coming over soon and I have things to do, but will be popping in and out.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

We are indeed wrapping our arms around Gordi and his family. We are with him in spirit and I'm sure he knows that.

Miss you my little Bird!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Gordi,

I am so sorry for your loss and offer you my deepest sympathy and condolanconces.

We here in the shed are all here for you should you need a friend to talk to.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hey there shedgang,

I'm here, I'm home and I'm absolutely fine.
1st glass of red wine in hand! (Boy do I need this one!)

Thank you for all of the lovely messages of support and love.

I KNOW you are all there for me.

The past couple of days were very tough, but I think it was meant that way... to prepare us for today.
I was with her when she slipped away. It was very calm and peaceful.
I actually felt a sense of relief that she was no longer suffering.

Please forgive me if I repeat myself - I've lost track of what I've said to everyone today!!
I'm just going to relax now with a couple of glasses of wine, have an early night to try and catch up on some sleep, and then start worrying about the practical details tomorrow.

Gx

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Vitam aeternam, mortem non.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm glad that you are doing well. Just be prepared as these are the first days and things can hit you harder later. I know you have your beautiful family by your side and lots of love from them and us. Go rest now Hun.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join