It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

....Friction and gloves did eventually warm them up....

uh huh.....ERASE ERASE ERASE.... the mental Picture!!!
That's another night without any sleep for me.

G

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: Jdennis10

I'm not quite as confident as you on that score, JD - I'm 0 for 2. Pretty sure on the SEWC I came in 2nd to last! LOL

You just missed the podium this time round shep...

G

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

I'm good on a keyboard and virtual instruments, I guess I could record some licks some times.

Excellent!
...and Duly Noted.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12

Today's episode: An Interview

“I don’t know much, lady. Just that Jedron was a good lad. Always tried to do the right thing, always true to folks. Don’t know why someone’d want him dead.”

“How long had he been working at the palace?” Siere asked the young woman gently.

“Oh, just a couple of months, lady. Should have seen him, he was so proud. Looked so handsome in his uniform, I almost Bonded him that day.”

The girl’s eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, and they welled with tears at the memory. Siere’s heart went out to her, but there was nothing she could do.

“My lady, will you tell me something?”

“If I can, I will,” Siere said, matter-of-factly.

“How did he die? Those guards at the palace and that guard, ah, Thallel, he won’t tell me anything. I don’t even know what happened to my Jed. All they tell me is he’s gone and now I’m alone.” Tears rolled down her cheeks now, and she looked at the floor.

Siere hesitated. She knew enough of what Syna was going through to recognize there was no point in twisting the knife that was already in the girl’s heart by describing the gruesome details of young Jedron’s death.

“I’m afraid I won’t be much help with that, Syna. It was murder, I can confirm that. As for the details, well, the Royal Guard are quite stingy with what information they have, as you can probably imagine.” Syna nodded, as though she had expected as much. Siere was relieved to have managed a satisfactory answer without directly lying to the girl.

“Thank you, my Lady.”

“Take care, child, I will be in touch if I hear anything.”

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Flash and Jess, looks like you guys got snow too. We didn't get much, but I think it's supposed to snow tomorrow too.

Hi Gordi! Waves from across the pond, a BIG pond.

Shep, thanks for the latest story entry. Nice!

Fun Winter pic coming up...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

In the movie, Lord Shen (the peacock in Kung Fu Panda 2) uses his tail to confuse the enemy.

He was a pretty cool character, he was voiced by Gary Oldman - one of my favourite actors ever. Having him as avatar was cool, but people would perceive my posts as too much confrontational, so I changed it to something less, um, intimidating.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Want me to encourage a snowfall over your area? I've been keeping my local sky clear for two days now but you're further south, so I could try and bend the stream of clouds a little.

edit on 6-1-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

LOL! Something less confrontational indeed...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Want me to encourage a snowfall over your area? I've been keeping my local sky clear for two days now but you're further south, so I could try and bend the stream of clouds a little.

We have a parking ban because of snow until Sunday at noon, Noooo I don't need any snow! But thanks for thinking of me. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Central Minnesota can take some snow!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I'm on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hello Night shift! I finally cleaned the turtle tank, tubes and filter thingy and what-not. Sometimes I'll scoop out a scute. I think that's what it's called when they shed a layer from their shell. The turtle chases the net around while I'm in there scooping around like it's a toy. LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

If you guys really don't like the avatar, I'll change it... but I thought it was kinda fun!

It is wonderful, but you see, you put out the bait and you are the only one in here I can harass with out getting rolled in tar and feathers.

I was joking about having a glass eye!!!! LOL
I'm just pretending to be cross-eyed whilst singing a high note in that avatar pic!!!

High Note Please.
Mirth aside. How is Mum, and Sis and silly work situation?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Skid. That is a nice avatar. It is so...bold. Well done.
Thank you for asking. I am OK I guess. Life seems so insecure and fragile. Don't wanna elaborate.

But you are starting in your new job Monday, right? How do you feel about it?
I for one hate to start in a new place. People ask the same questions, you give the same answers. It is so predictable and boring, while you at the same time have to adjust to a thousand new things.
Get a lot of rest and cuddle time with the girls, they will take care of you.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Thanks Swanne, I have a pop culture deficit.

How are things rolling for you? And good to see you BTW.

Now about weather. Could you shift the jet stream that is causing all this hideously cold weather. Just move it further north and grant us some snow cover for insulation.
Oh and prepare for spring, last year it warmed up and then we got a cold spot that froze every thing. None of that this year, please. HUGS

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good to have you back Shep, I have missed your tales.
Is life treating you well?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry I am hogging the whole evening.

T'is cold here. I tend the fire with care and have a pot of water in the stove to add warmth.
After my break today I remarked to the service counter folks that it was rather nice out, must be above zero.

The customer standing there told them to make sure I wasn't ill.

I swear it was at least five above. Heat wave. And no wind.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm watching from my cozy corner, I can keep the heat here! I'm ready for spring...or a trip to NZ or Austraila!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Thanks. I like it, too. Somebody here gave it to me.

The job looks interesting. It's a huge place but he's going to have me with other people and there's no rush to get done so that's cool. He wants quality over speed, which is good.

The girls are actually curled up by my feet. Suzie tried to crawl into my lap a few minutes ago, laptop be damned. Right now they're snoozing.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join