It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Hello Ellie -

Welcome to the Shed! I find your screen name most interesting - is your name really Ellie, or is this in tribute to Carl Sagan's book Contact? If you don't wish to answer that's OK - I understand keeping details private.

I have several teas at home today, and a cold - any suggestion on the type of tea to use?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Congrats to Shedisans AugustusMasonicus, SyxPak, Chirp, JD, and Jiminy!!!

Great stuff you guys wrote!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Kindly I thank you! You will win the next one for sure!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

I'm not quite as confident as you on that score, JD - I'm 0 for 2. Pretty sure on the SEWC I came in 2nd to last! LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have read your amazing writings. You have major talent.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

Thank you, JD, that is very kind.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I almost forgot: A belated welcome to muzzleflash and JesusXst - Welcome to the Shed!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Gordi, No don't change your avatar unless you want to. I know Wis will feel the same. You and Tom need to start thinking about a Valentine vid. With so much love in the shed, it will be perfect!

John, hello! I saw Toys Story with my Great Nephew. I guess that character didn't stand out in my mind. Actually, I don't remember any of their names. LOL

Ellie, there always herbs in the shed, fresh and dried. I gather them with the faeries and pixies in our garden.

Cool that you play drums! There ARE drum and bass solos, mostly in live shows though.

Skiddy, I see you have a bright new avatar. I have had the same one for so long now, people would probably freak if I changed it. I have grown very fond of her and don't want to change it. Enjoyed the Cherokee song vid!

Shep, hello! Yes, I've seen Kung Fu Panda and animals doing karate.
You are a great writer, so don't give up on the contests!

Hiya JD!

Congratulations to our Shed writers in the latest contest and wishing you all good luck in the next one of you decide to participate!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Good morning from balmy Pennsylvania.
It was a warm 7 degrees Fahrenheit as I took my walk through the woods this morning.

Here i am happy and warm. lol
Actually I regretted taking this picture because my fingertips were very cold for quite some time.
Friction and gloves did eventually warm them up.

The path behind me shows various tracks in the snow.
The large ones on the left are from the only human on the path this morning, me.
The others are various animals. Mostly deer, squirrels, rabbits and such.
I did find some tracks that I assume were from a coyote because of the time and location.
Anyway, so much for my cold travelogue.
I hope to have another story chapter soon.
I just have to discipline myself to type it.
Until the next time,
Have a great day everyone.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hello, Night!
I've had fun with the contests. I won't give up on them, just temper my expectations.

a reply to: Errollorre
Hello Sir Palindrome!
Throw a negative sign in front of your temp and that's what we had on the prairie this morning. I'm under blankets and in a thick fuzzy fleece pullover to keep warm.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Great pics Tom! We have snow too. I looked out my window this Morning and there it was. Supposed to snow tomorrow as well. I am looking forward to your next story entry. I miss reading your adventures! I love seeing little animal prints in the snow!

Hi Shep! Sit by the fireplace and the pixies will make you something hot to drink. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, whatever you want. Oh, don't sit on the cat!

edit on 6-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Nashville TN, 9am 1/6/2017 downtown

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
You got much more snow than us! I'm headed out so I will take a pic. Be back in a flash...hahaha

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
OK just slipped outside....it is still snowing but still hasn't amounted to much at all

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I had it sitting around and decided to use it. Somebody was kind enough to make it, after all.

If you changed yours I think I'd be surprised.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

This piece seems to perfectly express my contorted internal existence (for this fleeting moment in time):

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
Tom you look so warm in that jacket! Do you go out every day for a walk? I can’t wait to hear more about Troll! Give Gail a hug for us!

I haven’t earned my writer status but I do enjoy the contest. I didn’t have time to join this one but will try again next time! I LOVE your writing so please don’t give up.

I hope the cold weather isn’t bothering you too much. Hopefully all your shopping is done and you don’t have to go out

a reply to: Skid Mark
Skid - I didn't even recognize you! LOL Love the new avatar

a reply to: muzzleflash
I’m at work so I couldn’t listen but I read through the words, a very deep song! It seems kinda sad though.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I will have to come up with an idea for our next venture soon?? LOL

You'd be more than welcome to join us? You too John??

I'm good on a keyboard and virtual instruments, I guess I could record some licks some times.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

True. Even a peacock. In fact the peacock was my previous avatar.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Nope, not giving up! Like I said, just going to temper expectations. I suspect a 5-post story was a little long for the SCC considering how many bloomin' entries there were!

a reply to: swanne
Peacock fu!
I'm thinking of the sword forms in The Wheel of Time. I suspect peacocks would be especially proficient at "Unfolding the Fan".

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join