It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Indeed. LOL
Sorry for the delayed response. I was talking to someone in Canada.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You must have a good set of lungs on ya girl, real good, like Chuck Norris!

You go girl!

lol

P

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
If you are into big band jazz, I highly recommend a movie a saw just a few days ago,

"Whiplash" I don't have any links but it is well worth searching for !!

Hi D,
I've actually got "Whiplash" on DVD! Very intense, but a great movie!

The weather has been a bit wild overnight here and the snow is on the way...
(Winds hit 129mph at the top of Cairngorm Mountain last night!)
Luckily it was only half of that down where we are but if the snow comes when they think it will.... and it's still this windy.... it will be a bit on the... fun side for the next few days!

G

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Night Star

You must have a good set of lungs on ya girl, real good, like Chuck Norris!

You go girl!

lol

P

Hahahaha! Hiya Sweetie! How is our Wolf Guardian doing?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi! Is Timely's real name Dave? How are you tonight. er, Morning? Afternoon?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hunker down mate !!

Double malt is your friend !

... 'Intense' is a great description !

Cheers mate !

D.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I thought whisky was.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Noa reply to: Night Star

Whisky can be man's best friend !

Especially if she is a labrador !

Night; Night ...

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

We got hit with a large snow storm last night. Its still coming down out there.

But!!! Its home day at least. I have a few things underground to take care of this morning, then im outta here!

Stay warm my friends

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Be safe out in the snow and stay warm, i had a 15 hour work shift and I can't sleep. Have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

ughhhh a 15 hour work day!
Thats no fun at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Luckily, I wont have to deal with the snow where im working. Im headed underground where its 30 C.
Ill be hot and sweaty in no time!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

lol I know about being hot too I am a Wok cook and our line gets so hot. Have a great day.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Will do!
We had a blast this morning. The mine is still filled with gas. So im stuck waiting for the all clear before I can go down.
Hopefully soon though. I want to get home soon

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Just peeking in to say "Good Morning!"

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Good Morning!

Busy day today for me - probably won't be on too much. I'll see about posting another episode - kind of ended on a cliff hanger didn't I?

We got another inch or two this morning. I love fresh snow! It's when it gets all icy and muddy and icky that I would just as soon have it melt. Oh well, there's a rhythm to everything.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Timely, do you have a dog named whisky?

JD, I don't know how you can work that many hours in a day. That is exhausting!

Gordi, hope you are doing well in your Storm.

Mac, be careful down in the mine!

Tom, that gif cracked me up! Love it! JinMI has a funny peaking gif that always makes me laugh too.

Hope everyone is well. It took me a long time to get any sleep last night/early Morning. The only reason I'm up is because we got a couple of phone calls that woke me up. Might be napping soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hi Shep, yes a great cliff hanger! Looking forward to your next installment.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well so much for a nap. Going out with my Sister for lunch in a bit. I told her I might be like a zombie. LOL
Coffee, must have coffee. Someone point me in the right direction please.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour
(Shed 13) Page 69 - What You Can't See

Today's episode: Lives Given, Lives Saved

Cons Tolin heard the ring of metal on metal and cursed. His eyes flicked up toward the alleyway on the other side of the road. Master Cons Remmen had sent him and Cons Loerval outside the gate to disperse the throng and redirect them to the other arches into the market.

He edged through the crowd until he drew far enough back to see around the corner into the alleyway. A Bastion Lanceguard was locked in combat with two men, and three bodies lay on the ground.

“Oh bloody…Loerval!” He shouted. Hoisting his spear, he sprinted toward the alleyway just as the taller of the two men got inside the Lanceguard’s defense. Tolin watched as he slashed at the Lanceguard’s leg, nearly severing it. The guard went down, and the tall man’s blade came around viciously to finish the Lanceguard off with a thrust through his neck. The men turned away, starting down the alley away from Tolin and Loerval.

Tolin felt more than heard Loerval behind him as they dashed up the alleyway. “In the name of the Queen, halt! Drop your weapons!”

The two men stopped, then turned and advanced on them, swords still drawn. Just past the dead bodies – he noticed one was a woman – he and Loerval took position. He spread his stance, threw his cloak back, and set himself in a crouch. The tall man grinned.

“You want to die too, then, eh?” He had a malicious glint in his eye, as if eager for the fight.

“Galphan, we need to get out of here,” said the shorter man.

The taller of the two – Galphan, apparently – shot the other a nasty look, then suddenly lunged at Tolin while the shorter man went after Loerval. Tolin was surprised at the man’s skill with his blade, and immediately went on the defensive. The man pushed Tolin back toward the bodies on the ground, and out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of Loerval moving back as well. The tall man got past his defense and scored a glancing blow, but a plate on his chain link armor deflected most of the hit. Still, Tolin knew he was going to lose this fight.

The tall man was frighteningly fast. With quick reflexes he knocked Tolin’s spear aside, darted in and swung hard. Tolin brought his buckler to bear just in time to catch the brunt of the cut, but his buckler only redirected the sword blade to glance off his helmet and Tolin went down. Head ringing, he tried to clear his vision, find his weapon, and pick himself up off the ground. Through the fog he dimly heard Loerval shriek.

Then another concussion rocked him and he felt his cheek hit the dirt of the alley floor. Dazed, he pulled himself up enough to see both attackers sprawled several feet from where they had been fighting. He turned his head the other way and was stunned to see the woman – whom he had presumed dead – standing above him. One entire side of her torso was soaked red. She dropped a bloody knife from her hand, swayed slightly, then fell to all fours. Chest heaving, she spat blood on the ground, then lifted her head and reached for him. She gripped his cloak in her fist.

“Help me get to the Temple, Keeper,” she panted. “Must see…Poliara.”

What in the bloody Abyss is happening here? His faculties were steadily returning, and he reached toward the woman. He glanced at Loerval, but his friend’s glazed eyes stared blankly into the sky. He helped the woman to her feet.

It all fit together then, and Tolin reconsidered everything that had just happened. The woman – the Seeress, she had to be a Seeress, despite looking barely older than a teenager – moved a few steps down the alley, but her legs seemed to give out and she pulled on him as she went down. He looked quickly back down the alleyway, now empty except for the four bodies on the ground. Gently he picked her up, and she relaxed as he carried her from the alley. “Take me to the Temple!” He felt a Command. Weak, but it pulled at him.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join