It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yeah I just read the story.Great idea hilliary and supporters,bring over thousands more unvetted maniacs to rape,maim and murder.How any American can support these insane policies is beyond comprehension.
Let's not forget the Minnesota mall stabings."Nationalized "my ass.
edit on CDTMonam1861 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Again, if you're going to refer to something I said, please quote rather than paraphrase.

If you're claiming that it is valid to equate being Muslim with being a Terrorist, I disagree. Particularly, I disagree with the government targeting American citizens because of their religion. Further, that false equivalency is at the heart of some of our biggest international blunders and our tendency to overreact is fuel for the Jihadi flame.

You seem to be equating obvious figures of speech with calls to demonize all members of a religion. This seems specious in the extreme to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Yeah I just read the story.Great idea hilliary and supporters,bring over thousands more unveiled maniacs to rape,maim and murder.How any American can support these insane policies is beyond comprehension.

The man in question is a naturalized citizen. How dare someone support the constitutional process of legal immigration!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yeah I just read the story.Great idea hilliary and supporters,bring over thousands more unveiled maniacs to rape,maim and murder.How any American can support these insane policies is beyond comprehension.

No...you've got it all wrong.
Kaine sez that the NYC bombings PROVE we're beating ISIS.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I think what you have responded to Gryphon with is very astute. So, basically the headline should be that the suspect for the pipe bombing is from a country the West bombed the #### out of, killing thousands, but this must only be about religion because it's Islam, right?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
NY Governer, Cuomo, now saying he would not be surprised if we find a foreign connection to the terrorist.
edit on 19/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You don't have any idea who I was referring to because you didn't bother to read the conversation I was involved in or attempt to understand it in context.

You saw an opportunity to pounce on something I said and misrepresent it entirely. Par for the course.

"Perceived attacks on Muslims" LOL. Reference three wars and more bombs dropped than we can count and get back to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh my bad.Then by all means give the maniac his knife back because we were ignorant enough to let him in!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Oh my bad.Then by all means give the maniac his knife back because we were ignorant enough to let him in!

I was referring to the man in the OP, not the MN event.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You don't have any idea who I was referring to because you didn't bother to read the conversation I was involved in or attempt to understand it in context.

You saw an opportunity to pounce on something I said and misrepresent it entirely. Par for the course.

"Perceived attacks on Muslims" LOL. Reference three wars and more bombs dropped than we can count and get back to me.

I was confused by your shop keeper comment as no one had mentioned shop keepers or bashing the heads of muslims generally on this thread.
So you think the wars were wars against Islam then? I was not aware of that. Do you have any proof of that?

edit on 19/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Terror durp durp durp..
Afghani you say ?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Was the US bombing of this hospital in Afghanistan terror ? Were you as outraged then as you are now ? Was the bombing of the hospital breaking news in any western country ? The # it wasn't.
Listen. I'm not trying to justify this in any shape or form. But the world is not all black and white. You can stick your head in the sand and play the victim card all you want but the reality is different. The bombing of the Afghani hospital is terror as much as this, if not even more. But yeah, durp durp durp..Trump,islam,wall durp durp durp

Sure the war in Afghanistan is a farce and criminal. So what, then all American citizens should just lie down and allowed themselves to be killed? Americans have the right to defend themselves from outside attacks just as the Afghani people have the right to do in their country. If a person had been killed by this terrorists, would it also been understandable if a family member of theirs went to Afghanistan and bombed innocent people there?

And lets not pretend that this hospital bombing is the only reason that Islamic terrorism exists. When Mateen wanted to kill all gays because it was an abomination, was that because of the hospital attack too?

And how do you bring Trump into this. Wasn't that hospital bombed under the orders of the great man of peace, Obama? The same man that won't say radical Islamic terrorism? Yet you felt it necessary to use this to criticize Trump and his supporters? Telling, isn't it?

But durp, durp, durp, keep bashing people that just want to keep their families safe.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Pro Tip: Sometimes when you intervene in a conversation between two members, you should read what both members are saying.

You seem to be unaware of many things UK.

Were you just arguing that we should treat "Muslim countries" differently? Which countries did we go to war with, again?

I think you can answer your own question, with a bit of thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This terrorist act could have been a lot worse and more could be coming. They found a bag of bombs that someone was not able to plant for some reason. If they did this would have been worse than the Boston bombings.

I think it's obvious that this is a terror cell and they need to get these scumbags. They just spotted two more suspects on survelliance handling the devices.

This is like the Paris attacks. There is a terror cell operating right now and they need to be stopped.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I think what you have responded to Gryphon with is very astute. So, basically the headline should be that the suspect for the pipe bombing is from a country the West bombed the #### out of, killing thousands, but this must only be about religion because it's Islam, right?

Gryphon said we can not let this be about a person being Muslim or about a Muslim country.

By doing so, we would never be able to have a discussion of the US terrible policy in Afghanistan. Is that what you would prefer? We should just say, "This attack was carried out, but we will not focus on his motive because we don't want to possibly offend anyone".

At what point can we say that Islam, or a perversion of it plays a part in a terrorist attack. Mateen called 911 and said he was killing gays because it was an abomination in the eyes of Islam, but we can't discuss that. If this man is found to be guilty, and claims he did it because of Islam, you all will say he is just a lone wolf and Islam has nothing to do with it.

Yet at the same time you are willing to lump all of the West together as bombing Afghanistan. No nuance there.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: matafuchs

Is it time to say it was Islamic terror now?

I don't know. Is he Muslim?

Has it been proven he played a part in the bombing?

Shouldn't we get all of the info before we jump to conclusions?

Yes, Yes, No

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow. The title to this thread should be changed to "Let's all argue about whether he's a Muslim".!
Pages of arguing about he's Muslim. He's a Fricking Terrorist!! It's a Terrorist Cell.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thank God (not Allah) there's been no casualties so far. That being said, I hope they find a lot more bombs. Each bomb they find is another 100,000 votes for Trump, while Hillary's not calling it what it is, is making her lose votes.
edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's quite telling that many of you can't make your points without grossly misrepresenting what others say.

Islam is a religion practiced by 25% of humanity.

Target terrorism, not religion.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Again, if you're going to refer to something I said, please quote rather than paraphrase.

If you're claiming that it is valid to equate being Muslim with being a Terrorist, I disagree. Particularly, I disagree with the government targeting American citizens because of their religion. Further, that false equivalency is at the heart of some of our biggest international blunders and our tendency to overreact is fuel for the Jihadi flame.

You seem to be equating obvious figures of speech with calls to demonize all members of a religion. This seems specious in the extreme to me.

You keep asking me to quote you, when I did in my initial post on this discussion.

There are those who would love to call Open Season.

That's why we cannot let this become equated with being Muslim ... or even being from a "Muslim country."

Because if we start bashing innocent shop owners in the head with sledge hammers, we're actually creating more radicals with every swing.

Now would you like to quote where I said anything about demonizing all members of a religion?

I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. In fact, the vast majority of them are not. I do not see anyone on this thread saying to arrest all Muslims. Let me make it clear, if there is someone saying that, I must have missed it, and I think that would be disgusting.

However, why would investigating the Mosque that this person went to, or his family and friends be a bad thing? If I belong to a group, and kill or attempt to kill a bunch of people in the name of that group, I think it would be perfectly reasonable for authorities to look into that group.

If a person bombs an abortion clinic and says it was because as a christian God wanted them to do it, I would have no problem with the authorities questioning other people in that persons church. This isn't against the first amendment.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: matafuchs

You don't know or just playing dumb like the media and DeBlasio and Cuomo and Obama and Hillary and the rest.

Yes, he is the guy in the videos dragging the bombs to two places in NY. That shows he is involved. The guy is another poster boy for Islamic terror.

Is he Muslim? Can you provide a link that states that? The two you have provided does not say.

Sure, here's a link Ahmad Khan Rahami

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join