It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

A hard working man like the one I described above is not the problem. He wants a solution also...

But you wouldn't mind if the Feds raided his mosque/church, or brought him in to be questioned if he just so happens to go to church with some terrorist idiot?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And ... if someone like-minded to posters in this thread see someone they think looks like the suspect in the store your mom frequents, and they take a sledgehammer to the face of the Lebanese man who escaped to this country because they think he's part of a "radicalized" network that you're all so sure is interlacing our society ...

... that's okay, huh? He was Muslim, right? They're all involved somehow. Your Lebanese friend was just a deep plant.

It's dangerous Matafuchs ... and you're very familiar with why it's dangerous. Such things don't stop with just the guilty.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not at all. He would not either.

If I was accused of embezzling money from a Methodist church what would they do? They would raid the church and take documents as needed. They would call in people I was in contact with and question them. It is called an investigation.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If I was accused of embezzling money from a Methodist church what would they do? They would raid the church and take documents as needed. They would call in people I was in contact with and question them. It is called an investigation.

And would they be called in because they're Methodists?

Come on.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace... Islam is a religion of peace...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Islam is a religion of peace... Islam is a religion of peace...

Thanks for proving the point.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, that is a hate crime. I have still not called for any violence towards anyone. I know what you are saying and I do not take it lightly. His son used to be bullied at school quite a bit and I got in a few fights with ignorant rednecks who would call him some pretty horrible things.

link   

I am not calling for the death of Muslims or to round them all up but I am also not afraid to say that it was linked to someone who is Muslim. What is wrong with that? Most of you are so conditioned to simply say it is not Islamic terror because it is what you hear in the MSM and from leadership in government.

Hey OP,

I can't speak for others but for myself i can assure you it has nothing to do with conditioning and everything to do with liking to see the evidence first.

This may or may not be Islamic terrorism - at the moment there is conflicting evidence so until some is ruled in / out, it is too early to say definitively.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well, they are part of the church. Just like 'Muslims' are part of the mosque.

What is the difference? You seem to think there is one.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If he's a Muslim, it's pretty clear that he's self-radicalized.

I am sorry, I thought you were claiming we should wait for facts before rushing to judgment. Yet you are certain that if he is Muslim, he has no connections to a terrorist group. Could you please provide evidence for this?

link   
I didn't realize there were FIVE more pipe bombs found it the backpack.
Looks like the perpetrator had some big plans to do some heavy killing, but somehow had it interrupted.

link   

Your example directly involves the church. In this case, we have no evidence to suggest a mosque or church was involved in any way, yet you still called for it to be raided.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

No, that is a hate crime. I have still not called for any violence towards anyone. I know what you are saying and I do not take it lightly. His son used to be bullied at school quite a bit and I got in a few fights with ignorant rednecks who would call him some pretty horrible things.

And I'm not talking about YOU Mata ... you've seen in your thread calls for violence against anyone who looks like the suspect.

There are those who would love to call Open Season.

That's why we cannot let this become equated with being Muslim ... or even being from a "Muslim country."

Because if we start bashing innocent shop owners in the head with sledge hammers, we're actually creating more radicals with every swing.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yes, and the one in Seaside, only one of the four exploded. The race was also 'postponed' to start and that is why no one was running by when it went off.

The ones in NYC are said to be the same as the ones used in Boston.
edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-19T08:05:04-05:000804 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

And I'm not talking about YOU Mata ... you've seen in your thread calls for violence against anyone who looks like the suspect.

There are those who would love to call Open Season.

That's why we cannot let this become equated with being Muslim ... or even being from a "Muslim country."

Because if we start bashing innocent shop owners in the head with sledge hammers, we're actually creating more radicals with every swing.

Can you reference the post calling for innocent shop owners to be bashed in the head with sledge hammers?

p.s. Muslims do more than own shops and people of other religions own shops too.
edit on 19/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I didn't realize there were FIVE more pipe bombs found it the backpack.
Looks like the perpetrator had some big plans to do some heavy killing, but somehow had it interrupted.

Or was piss poor at bomb assembly (like i suspect most people would be without training). Or didn't actually want the other bombs to go off. Or a whole myriad of other reasons.........

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It is not about the mosque being involved. It is about finding out more about this man and others he may be connected to. The Mosque in Islam is the 'main' place of worship as well as gathering as a people. You should know that....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If he's a Muslim, it's pretty clear that he's self-radicalized.

I am sorry, I thought you were claiming we should wait for facts before rushing to judgment. Yet you are certain that if he is Muslim, he has no connections to a terrorist group. Could you please provide evidence for this?

Perhaps you should quote me asking to wait for facts.

To me, the scale and methodology suggest that he was acting on his own.

Other than that, good point, I was expressing my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yes, and the one in Seaside, only one of the four exploded. The race was also 'postponed' to start and that is why no one was running by when it went off.

The ones in NYC are said to be the same as the ones used in Boston.

When they say the same as used in Boston i ASSUME they mean the same type of design, rather than the exact same bombs (which would be difficult with one dead and one in chokey). At the end of the day, there aren't really many differing ways to make bombs out of pressure cookers. Take one pressure cooker, fill with materials, add timer - i reckon they all look similar.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope, but if you're reading the thread, you'll see plenty of calls to go after those darn Radical Islamic Terrorists™ wherever they are found.

Aside from that, quote me rather than rewording what I say next time if you want a response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join