It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I know, matafuchs, I know, but you see how in our nation these so call religious worshiping places are been handed with kids gloves. to avoid a public opinion back lash.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

Declare martial law? Why?

There was a stabbing, multiple IED's across the tri-state area that we all know are tied to terrorism and no statement from the White House? Nothing? Sorry, I call that ineffective leadership. He jumps on the TV every time a young black felon is shot by police but no statement on this. No press conference?

Terror attacks on US soil again and not a peep from the administration until I am sure the AG comes out and again tells us as a nation to he 'tolerate'.

I was trying to be facetious.

Again, I don't know what you would like him to do. No matter what he does, you're going to clutch pearls and play dramatic.

He could:
Halt immigration from Muslim countries until screening is more effective.
Halt the refugee flow until screening is more effective.
Initiate a program to work directly with the Muslim community to root out terrorists (including questioning family members of those currently under investigation).
Monitor all those under investigation.
Start admitting the problem publicly and assure the people he is going to do everything he can to keep them safe.

i.e. He could start listening to Trump and acting.

How do you propose Obama does all of those things? EO?

If this was such a problem and Obama is not "acting", why hasn't congress done any of those things?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

San Francisco has been targeted. It hasn't been attacked. There's a pretty big difference in the two terms.

Why not San Francisco? Well, the fella lived in New Jersey so....drive around your own state and possibly in to New York, or drive all the way across the country....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

Is it time to say it was Islamic terror now?

I don't know. Is he Muslim?

Has it been proven he played a part in the bombing?

Shouldn't we get all of the info before we jump to conclusions?

It would be a reasonable deduction that he is a Muslim.

His name and the country he was born in make it likely.

But I know you want facts which is cool...

Yes, I like facts, especially in cases like this.

Too many people are willing to demonize certain groups of people for a variety of reasons and I like to have my ducks in a row before I join in on the "torches and pitchforks".

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: UKTruth

Of course there are. I just know of no Islamic Terrorists anywhere that are, effectively, fighting for homosexuality. Fighting to extinguish it, yes. Fighting for it, no.

Perhaps you could enlighten me though? I may well be wrong and that report hasn't really been verified yet. But if true, it puts a completely different spin on it.

As has already been stated, Chelsea has a large gay population. Why would a gay activist bomb an area with a large gay population? IMO the (now deactivated) twitter account is a diversion tactic or just a crazy that wants attention.

This is certainly possible. However, until verification and given the report, it is too early to say. And like i say, the report i have read was very specific about a telephone call to 911 and NOT a Twitter account.

The Mall stabbings were clearly terrorism though, complete with the (now to be expected) Islamic slogans being chanted throughout.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What I have trouble understanding is this:

IS/ISIL/ISIS is suppose to be this unrelenting, world-wide terrorist threat. An Organization capable of fitting a war against nation-states, as in Syria.

Which means that it has the wherewithal to purchase, deploy, and utilize the tatctical weapons of war: guns, bullets, grenades, high explosives, and even poison gas.

Supposedly, so our "leaders" tell us, this group employs "sleeper cells" in various countries, including the US, as well as so-called "radicalized" individuals, "lone wolves", to conduct acts of terror outside its immediate area of political influence.

Yet, the best it has been able to accomplish in the US at least, is a few random attacks by gun and knife, and now crude IED's.

Decades ago, a couple of "homegrown" anti-government terrorist took out an entire federal building with diesel oil and fertilizer.

IS has high explosives, but can't manage anything more than a pressure-cooker bomb?

Mostly hat, no cattle.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Too many people are willing to demonize certain groups of people for a variety of reasons and I like to have my ducks in a row before I join in on the "torches and pitchforks".

I completely agree with this. Islam is a convenient boogeyman at the moment. Doesn't mean everything is down to Muslims though. This could well be Islamic terrorism but it may not be. I also like to see evidence before the lynch mob mentality starts.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

a reply to: UKTruth

Of course there are. I just know of no Islamic Terrorists anywhere that are, effectively, fighting for homosexuality. Fighting to extinguish it, yes. Fighting for it, no.

Perhaps you could enlighten me though? I may well be wrong and that report hasn't really been verified yet. But if true, it puts a completely different spin on it.

As has already been stated, Chelsea has a large gay population. Why would a gay activist bomb an area with a large gay population? IMO the (now deactivated) twitter account is a diversion tactic or just a crazy that wants attention.

This is certainly possible. However, until verification and given the report, it is too early to say. And like i say, the report i have read was very specific about a telephone call to 911 and NOT a Twitter account.

The Mall stabbings were clearly terrorism though, complete with the (now to be expected) Islamic slogans being chanted throughout.

I heard the report of the telephone call on the news. The report I heard said nothing about the source being a gay activist or Islamic terrorist. They gave no link to any group on the phone call that I heard.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
No...freakin...way....
I did Not see that coming.....holy cow! A Muslim?!

But but, it is the religion of peace and there is no so called "Islamic terrorism"

In fact, this is nothing more than a highly offensive islamophobic OP, I am sure of it!!

Off to my safe space dang it!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So it's perfectly okay to talk about Christian Kiddie Diddling now?

I mean, it's a simple fact an inordinate percentage of priests and pastors are committing these crimes these days.

Or ... should we admit that such gross generalizations are BS ... and get back to trying to stop this crap.

If he's a Muslim, it's pretty clear that he's self-radicalized.

Closing the borders is not going to have a single bit of effect on this.

Neither is tossing out the First Amendment.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
According to the FBI there was an ongoing investigation and there was an alert put out on Friday.

I am not calling for the death of Muslims or to round them all up but I am also not afraid to say that it was linked to someone who is Muslim. What is wrong with that? Most of you are so conditioned to simply say it is not Islamic terror because it is what you hear in the MSM and from leadership in government.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

According to the FBI there was an ongoing investigation and there was an alert put out on Friday.

I am not calling for the death of Muslims or to round them all up but I am also not afraid to say that it was linked to someone who is Muslim. What is wrong with that? Most of you are so conditioned to simply say it is not Islamic terror because it is what you hear in the MSM and from leadership in government.

... or we're conditioned not to accuse 1.8 billion people for what a handful do.

link   

I completely agree with this. Islam is a convenient boogeyman at the moment. Doesn't mean everything is down to Muslims though. This could well be Islamic terrorism but it may not be. I also like to see evidence before the lynch mob mentality starts.

Lynch mob? No, just an understanding that radical Islamic terror is a real issue and the focus of any investigation into terror attacks should start there. Common sense. I have seen no call for lynch mobs into the Muslim community.

link   
We got the emergency alert while in our morning meeting at work.

I showed everyone the picture and asked that they run him over or take a sledge to his face if we see him. My boss approved.

This scum bag needs to be made an example of. We cant start having random bombings.

Also, Trump seems to be right. Look into all radical islamic nations who send people here to become "American". This guy was a prime example of what Trump is called a racist for.

Look into his family and see if any other naturalized Afghan from that gem of a family is also a radical. Call me racist.

You see what "going after their family" means?

You see what the "racist" was talking about? Radical Islamic nation with active conflict sends us one of their people and he starts acting like a terrorist.....should have been checked and monitored for a while....

Thank god he is not very good at making bombs. They found more bombs in NJ....didnt go off. People could have died....

edit on 9 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryphon, this is not about priests and little boys. We can start a thread on that is you would like. Realize that I did not put MUSLIM or ISLAM in the title of this thread. The religion is not the main part of the story but for some reason it keeps popping up. Orlando...San Bernadino...9/11...they are all part of a collective, not singular, ideology.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So it's perfectly okay to talk about Christian Kiddie Diddling now?

I mean, it's a simple fact an inordinate percentage of priests and pastors are committing these crimes these days.

Or ... should we admit that such gross generalizations are BS ... and get back to trying to stop this crap.

If he's a Muslim, it's pretty clear that he's self-radicalized.

Closing the borders is not going to have a single bit of effect on this.

Neither is tossing out the First Amendment.

What does 'self radicalized' mean? It seems to be an oxymoronic phrase to me. Input from other people, you know, people you associate with etc. would indicate that no one of any persuasion (Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Neo Nazi etc) is self radicalized. They are radicalized by input from outside sources. Unless he was a hermit that never associated with anyone, he didn't 'self radicalize'.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am not calling for the death of Muslims or to round them all up but I am also not afraid to say that it was linked to someone who is Muslim. What is wrong with that?

Do we know he is Muslim yet, or are we assuming?

Most of you are so conditioned to simply say it is not Islamic terror because it is what you hear in the MSM and from leadership in government.

No. We are willing to wait for facts so that we do not rush to an incorrect conclusion.

You should try it sometime.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Gryphon, this is not about priests and little boys. We can start a thread on that is you would like. Realize that I did not put MUSLIM or ISLAM in the title of this thread. The religion is not the main part of the story but for some reason it keeps popping up. Orlando...San Bernadino...9/11...they are all part of a collective, not singular, ideology.

No, it's not about Christian child molesters, as I said, it's about gross generalizations and meaningless calls for witch hunts and abusing the First Amendment. No, religion is NOT part of the story, and your reaction to a snippet naming Christianity is telling.

A "collective ideology"? What, that violence is a viable political weapon?

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth ... Islam is not to blame, but it is.

I stand by my point. If you intend to treat people differently because of their religion, you're trampling the First Amendment.

Period.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

There are good and bad in all religions. My mother goes to the same Islamic store she has for 35 years because she has Chrons disease and all she can eat is non processed food that he sells.. The mans family escaped Lebanon. Great guy. Great kids. I went to school with two of them. I would never want to send them packing.

However, he was well aware of elements that were not very nice. I have talked to him at length about it many times and most of it related to many mosques in the Tampa area. There are real threats.

To defeat something you first have to identify it. By not defining this as what it is, a terror attack based on Islamic beliefs of killing the infidels of the US you cannot start to end the problem.

Just like a bad cop is bad for all cops the same thing can be said in a case like this. A hard working man like the one I described above is not the problem. He wants a solution also...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Oxymoronic? LOL. Okay.

Self-radicalized means that an individual has developed interest in some radical cause and considers themselves part of that cause while acting under their own volition and direction rather than being brought into a terrorist organization, trained, equipped and so forth.

Your comparison seems specious to me. All of us interact with the environment. One doesn't have to be a hermit to admire heretical or treasonous ideas and act on them.

Just because someone puts on a cape doesn't make them Superman.

Just because someone seizes a wildlife refuge in the middle of nowhere doesn't make them patriotic freedom fighters.

Just because someone thinks they're Al Qaeda or ISIS doesn't mean they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join