It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't have an issue. I went to a Catholic school for years and there were two scandals with a soccer coach and a priest. They are scumbags. If they are Christian, and molest little boys and girls, it is not offensive to me in the least bit. It does not, to me, mean that all Christians are child molesters.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

True it isnt working...And I will be the first to admit i dont know what the solution to this problem is....
But maybe,just maybe the US can,you know,stop spreading its democracy(by force) in the middle east...I keep hearing how Islam isnt compatible with western values.Realizing that democracy isnt compatible with middle eastern values,may be a key to stopping this.
From what i have been researching,terrorist attacks truely took hold after oil and $ were linked(Petrodollar)in the early 70s..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Which means these people aren't assimilating to Western culture, in particular the American way of life.

The US does not have a set, standard culture or way of life.

Most immigrants representing all cultures do assimilate and still practice their traditional native customs, while adhering to America's rule of law.

So it's actually not about culture or assimilation. It's about the rule of law? Ok. I can agree.

There are other people from certain cultures who come here with no intention of abiding by our way of life, and not only want to continue their own way of life, but want to impose their own views, by terror if need be.

I thought they could keep their own culture as long as they followed the laws. Honestly, you're not making much sense.

Until our fearless leader and the candidate he's stumping for, (not because he likes her, but knows she'll continue his "legacy" ) admits the existence of these people instead of walking the tightrope of political correctness, this crap will continue. And the libs supporting that view cry bigotry until they or one of their loved ones become a victim of these animals.

Not sure what Obama has to do with this, except you are pissed that he does not say the things you want him to say. It's not my problem that he does not hold-up to your PC standards.

Man up, snowflake.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So you mean US citizens then,not immigrants...by their own laws...

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Pro Tip: Sometimes when you intervene in a conversation between two members, you should read what both members are saying.

You seem to be unaware of many things UK.

Were you just arguing that we should treat "Muslim countries" differently? Which countries did we go to war with, again?

I think you can answer your own question, with a bit of thought.

I read the whole thread and your context was clear. I just don't know why you brought up shop keepers in relation to radical muslim terrorists. No matter.

Actually no, I was asking where your perception that there was an attack on Muslims overall came from - I think you are trying change my question.
Your point about wars in the middle east is spurious because that is not a war against Islam.

There is no attack on Muslims, only radical Islamic terrorists. Once again the people widening the net from radical Islamic terrorists to all Muslims seem to be the same people railing against widening then net. Very strange.

Why not just keep the focus on radical Islamic terrorists? Why do you feel the need to bring all Muslims into this?

link   

I don't have an issue. I went to a Catholic school for years and there were two scandals with a soccer coach and a priest. They are scumbags. If they are Christian, and molest little boys and girls, it is not offensive to me in the least bit. It does not, to me, mean that all Christians are child molesters.

Anytime you hear of a molestation taking place, do you assume it was a Catholic?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

You're right. We've been responsible for creating this. But we can't un-ring a bell.

Now we have to deal with the mess that American Imperialism has left us.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Punish his family?wow how very mobbish of you...I mean we should probably also punish the families of all the other murderers too then(fair is fair right),because you know,even murderers love their families....

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes I do. Because I went to Catholic School and I was personally involved. Look into the Boston Diocese and what they covered up. It is not like it is odd to say priests molest little boys. They do. Not all but they do but what difference does that make here? The same with terrorism. Especially after 9/11 if there is an explosion or a shooting and the man has a Middle Eastern name I think Islam. 100% of the time I have been correct.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Then apparently you're having reading comprehension issues again. Matafuchs and I were talking about a Muslim shop owner of his acquaintance. That was the basis of the reference you chose to chime in on, and the point of what I was saying.

I'm trying to change your question? LOL. That's rich.

No attacks on Muslims? 210,000 or more civilians deaths and casualties disagree with you. Source

Why not keep the focus on radical terrorists? Why keep bringing the name of Islam into this?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

Please read this article and I think it will help you understand my stance.

This is another case of the child of immigrants, most times born out of the US, attacking us. Boston was the same thing.

www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-19T09:28:28-05:000928 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Gryphon66

You took exception to it earlier, now it's not a problem for you.

Well, that's fine. It's a problem for me.

Not all Christians are pedophiles; not all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Again, this is a simplistic approach. Conflict did not start when the US was created. There have been conflicts all throughout recorder history, for all sorts of reasons.

Do I think that the US attacking countries has led to an increase in terrorism? Absolutely (remember, I wasn't the one saying we can't let this be about a Muslim country). But you pretend that is the only reason. You ignore that groups like ISIS and Boko Haram kill gays in their countries, abuse women, take child brides, torture people, etc, and all of this has nothing to do with the US bombing countries.

You have no idea what the motives of this man in this thread were, yet you assume it is just about the US bombing. I brought up Mateen to show that clearly that is not always the case. Keep in mind that no where on this thread did I claim to know the motive behind this attack, that is what you have done. I am just criticizing the people that absolutely KNOW this has nothing to do with Islam, and if it does he must be a lone wolf. This is a joke.

Many radical Christians do hate LGBT people. Can you show me examples of them pushing gays off of buildings? In fact, can you show me any recent terror attacks done in gthe name of Christianity?

Here is a list of terrorist attacks in the world this year up to July. Notice a pattern?

www.usatoday.com...

So did countries like Bangladesh and Yemen also bring this on themselves by bombing middle eastern countries?

Again, I am not saying all Muslims are terrorist. But to put your head in the sand and claim you can't see that a certain group of self proclaimed Islamisists are killing in the name of their religion is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Here is a list of terrorist attacks in the world this year up to July. Notice a pattern?

www.usatoday.com...

So Radical Islamic Terrorists™ are attacking Muslims too?

Geez, it's almost like terrorism is a political act rather than a religious one.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Man up, snowflake.

Again, as I said yesterday, you libs resort to personal attacks when you have nothing else. Thanks for once again proving my point.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
List of Islamic Terror: Last 30 Days

More proof that they're attacking each other???

Must not be about religion, then.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Anytime you hear of a molestation taking place, do you assume it was a Catholic?

Now a days, I assume it was a Muslim.

MASS MUSLIM SEXUAL ASSAULTS ON WOMEN IN GERMANY IS A CRISIS
www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Man up, snowflake.

Again, as I said yesterday, you libs resort to personal attacks when you have nothing else. Thanks for once again proving my point.

And as I said to you before, you sure do like to whine when someone points-out your weak arguments.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Now a days, I assume it was a Muslim.

MASS MUSLIM SEXUAL ASSAULTS ON WOMEN IN GERMANY IS A CRISIS
www.frontpagemag.com...

That's the problem. Too many of you assume too much. Then you wonder why you end up with egg on your face quite often.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join