It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

NY, NJ Bombing Suspect Rahami in Custody After Shootout

Ahmad Rahami a 28-year-old naturalized Afghanistan citizen was taken into custody by police in Linden, New Jersey, a senior law enforcement official said.

THIS STORY IS DEVELOPING. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
They say they got him after a shoot out>

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Whoa! He is in custody after shooting a police officer after a gun battle!

BREAKING NEWS: Terror Suspect Ahmad Rahami Is In Custody After Shooting Officer In Linden NJ

www.nbcnewyork.com...

edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-19T10:24:40-05:001040 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UnBreakable

Man up, snowflake.

Again, as I said yesterday, you libs resort to personal attacks when you have nothing else. Thanks for once again proving my point.

And as I said to you before, you sure do like to whine when someone points-out your weak arguments.

And so you can't point out "weak" arguments without resorting to name calling? Time to leave the third grade.

If I have hurt your feeling, I apologize. I figured someone such as yourself that likes to take petty pot shots would be able to swallow your own medicine.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Grambler

My argument is that we shouldn't attack a religion or attack people because their religion.

Simple, straightforward, clear.

You mean like bombing them with a drone or something?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

edit on 19-9-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Whoa! He is in custody after shooting a police officer after a gun battle!

BREAKING NEWS: Terror Suspect Ahmad Rahami Is In Custody After Shooting Officer In Linden NJ

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Cool. They took him alive. Now we get to learn something from him.

link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: UKTruth

Of course there are. I just know of no Islamic Terrorists anywhere that are, effectively, fighting for homosexuality. Fighting to extinguish it, yes. Fighting for it, no.

Perhaps you could enlighten me though? I may well be wrong and that report hasn't really been verified yet. But if true, it puts a completely different spin on it.

There were widespread reports in the UK around 12 hours ago (BBC, Sky etc..) that a pro LGBTQ+ person on twitter had tweeted they were behind the attacks - the tweet read something like. 'I have done this and there will be more as I can't stand to live ina world where LGBTQ+ are treated this way...' in my personal opinion it appears to be a troll and account and I side with what the FBI are claiming rather than internet speculation.

Here's one of the reports for example - other news orgs seem to have removed any mention of it (on google at least) - but this is just info to provide examples of what was being reported over here as a potential culprit at the time - www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 19-9-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Where is dad and the brother?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Where is dad and the brother?

At work? At home?

Why does that matter? Were the authorities looking for them as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Obama speaking now about the shootout. He just said suspect was killed. Hmm..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Obama speaking now about the shootout. He just said suspect was killed. Hmm..

Probably referring to the knife attacker in Minnesota..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yes,probably is. My bad

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Kudos to the officers for taking him alive. I hope he isn't a part of a larger cell... It seems strange he would be shooting at cars passing by as the RT article on his capture describe (i.e. causing a distraction).

Will be interesting to see what updates we get and what the feds learn from this guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I would settle for deportation if they are sympathetic in any way to him or his ideas.

At least.

Confiscate everything like they do drug dealers.

Shoot the first 3 lawyers they get to defend them, too.

lol, I'm bad. Kidding about the lawyers. I have very good friends that practice.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Nope. Neither. They raided the house and chicken shack. Maybe they are hiding out in an undisclosed location in Virginia with Mateens Wife...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

I did not say terrorism is bringing Islamic Fundamentalism mainstream. I was implying that the current administration as well as others would like to see that. Mainstream.

Based on what though? The lie that has been pushed for the last 7 years that Obama is secretly a Kenyan born Muslim? I'm sure that you have heard that even Trump has admitted that he was wrong. In fact, the new thing is to blame Hillary for the lie and congratulate Trump for obtaining the birth certificate (or something along those lines, who can keep up). If you want to pat Donald on the back for going the extra mile to vet the President — whatever — the point is you're stuck with perceptions that are derived from what everyone has now admitted was disinformation.

What you should be concerned with as an American, as a person who possesses certain inalienable rights and as someone who cares about his fellow man, is our response to terrorist attacks.

If we allow it to, fear will motivate us to give up our rights and to demand the rights of others be trampled. The fear of jihadists shouldn't become a fear of Muslims. It threatens to drive a wedge between the millions of American Muslims who are part of the 99.999999% who haven't committed a terrorist attack and the rest of American society.

Othering Muslims, treating them like they aren't like the rest of us, treating them like they're all suspects, threatening to trample their rights, etc is only going to feed into the narrative of ISIS and other radical groups which will predispose more young men to feel that their own country views them as enemies and make them more likely to become radicalized.

On some level you must realize how counterproductive that is?

edit on 2016-9-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: uncommitted

Again, this is a simplistic approach. Conflict did not start when the US was created. There have been conflicts all throughout recorder history, for all sorts of reasons.

Do I think that the US attacking countries has led to an increase in terrorism? Absolutely (remember, I wasn't the one saying we can't let this be about a Muslim country). But you pretend that is the only reason. You ignore that groups like ISIS and Boko Haram kill gays in their countries, abuse women, take child brides, torture people, etc, and all of this has nothing to do with the US bombing countries.

According to Wahabist/potlical Islam/Qutist, in their backwards logic it does - such attacks have been in direct response to the US and Christians as a whole having militarybases on what they deem Islamic Holy Ground.

It makes no sense whatsoever but that's the mantra all terrorist leaders have been spouting for the past 60 years or so. Qutb himself only advocated bombings of innocents etc after he was smeared in animal fat and had dogs attack him while in a CIA run jail in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Nope. Neither. They raided the house and chicken shack. Maybe they are hiding out in an undisclosed location in Virginia with Mateens Wife...

Are they looking for his Dad and brother as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: UKTruth

Then apparently you're having reading comprehension issues again. Matafuchs and I were talking about a Muslim shop owner of his acquaintance. That was the basis of the reference you chose to chime in on, and the point of what I was saying.

I'm trying to change your question? LOL. That's rich.

No attacks on Muslims? 210,000 or more civilians deaths and casualties disagree with you. Source

Why not keep the focus on radical terrorists? Why keep bringing the name of Islam into this?

There is no war on Islam. There is only a war against Radical Islamic terrorism. It's wrong to extend radical Islamic terrorism to all Muslims, but some people keep doing it. Like I said, the very same people who seem so offended by naming radical Islamic terror as a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join