It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FredT

You should see the airport itself.

I saw a few its really bad. The Dutch navy is on scene. One of our Docs is unaccounted for on St Johns

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

There's a KDC-10 with troops and supplies that's heading that way and is going to try to get into St. Maarten when they get there.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There's a KDC-10 with troops and supplies that's heading that way and is going to try to get into St. Maarten when they get there.

Yep and the US Navy has ships headed to the USVI.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Do you know if the other 2 hurricanes are following a similar path? I hope they aren't as they could really hamper the relief work.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

Do you know if the other 2 hurricanes are following a similar path? I hope they aren't as they could really hamper the relief work.

I think they are predicting that jose will turn North at some point but its already increasing in strength

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A Warthog just flew over my house , it was heading SouthWest. I live in Kentucky. How far can those planes fly before landing. Would they be using these planes for relief efforts due to the hurricane, if so, what possibly could a warplane be used for.

militarybases.com...

Maybe heading to Arnold Airforce base.
militarybases.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

They wouldn't use an A-10 for relief, but they're using C-130s and C-17s.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Interesting day in California today. Caught a KC-46 and KC-10 out of Edwards, and Stratolaunch doing an engine run, with Cosmic Girl parked nearby at Mojave.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Jose is strengthening and heading towards the same areas that Irma just hit.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

One wonders if a crazy enough pilot would be able to plough below cloud cover and use a sniper pod in a real pinch during a storm. Say there was some kind of disaster and they had to monitor it. The warthog probably one of the few planes that could take some of the beating but it would beat the pilot equally bad.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Interesting day in California today. Caught a KC-46 and KC-10 out of Edwards, and Stratolaunch doing an engine run, with Cosmic Girl parked nearby at Mojave.

Nice! Thats alot of interesting stuff for a day

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caughtlurking

One wonders if a crazy enough pilot would be able to plough below cloud cover and use a sniper pod in a real pinch during a storm. Say there was some kind of disaster and they had to monitor it. The warthog probably one of the few planes that could take some of the beating but it would beat the pilot equally bad.

Yeah but this is a storm not say a marine layer. The bad stuff would be from the deck on up

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The stratolaunch in my mind is absolutely insane but insane in a good way I'm actually amazed at its creation. When is it likely to make some sort of flight?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

This was the second engine run that I have seen. They still have taxi tests to do before they even consider a flight. They're taking it pretty slow and steady. We might see it airborne before the end of the year though.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

They modified an A-10 into a storm chaser a few years ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That was just driving by the base too.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

This was the second engine run that I have seen. They still have taxi tests to do before they even consider a flight. They're taking it pretty slow and steady. We might see it airborne before the end of the year though.

I'm impressed I thought you were going to say some point next year. Considering the unique shape I assumed testing would be done very steadily lol. I love the design

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Turns out the KC-46 was actually the RAAF KC-30.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You can just see the first Japanese V-22 between the bushes.

edit on 9/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What is the word on the street as to the Stratolaunch project's viability? Does it look like this is a good prospect for long term use, or is this another "exploration of a concept" that really has no probability of ever turning a profit?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join