It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've caught a few interesting aircraft, and quite a few commercial aircraft flying around recently. Well, usually it's my other half taking them, because I'm driving, but you get the idea. Keep in mind that we were doing 60 mph down the interstate, so they're not all the best pictures they could be, but overall I'd say not bad at all.

Ohare:

Rivet Joint and Cobra Ball in Omaha. These were several miles away, but if you zoom in you can pick up some serious detail on both aircraft.

One of our recent loads, we had to pick up oxygen bottles for a 787, and take them from Washington to Charleston. We initially went to Paine Field to pick them up from B/E Aerospace, and got a few shots from up there.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Pictures are pretty damn good for doing 60+. I recently moved to our main facility on airport property. The eastern runway going straight over the ocean is the busiest. I see about 30-60 planes a day, small to midsized, taking off and landing about 500 feet from me. Can even smell the jet fuel inside the buildings.

Unfortunately, no phones allowed. But I've "accidently" left I in my pocket it a couple times. Hopefully this thread pics up and ill get as many pics as I can to share with you.

Thanks Zaph. S+F
edit on 8/13/2016 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

She's pretty good at snapping pics going down the road. I used to have a bunch taken on a cell phone while she was hanging out the window of the truck, while we went zipping past Boeing Field. Some of those were really good too. Now we have a real camera setup so she doesn't have to hang out the window anymore.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As awlways, amazing photos!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Can´t you pick up some oxygen bottles at groom lake?

Nice pictures, I wonder what the mikado sticks are for in the first picture? Are those flood lights and the armature is just not visible from this angle??

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yeah, there were quite a few poles in the way as he was coming in to land. There were a few pictures where it was cut in half by poles. She was trying to shoot across me and out the window.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I imagine someone working at the field when casually looking up seeing a big semi truck steaming past. Someone hanging out the window snapping pictures like crazy with a huge lense attached... I would be like..."freaks" (in a good, friendly way
)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Retired Blue Angel heading to the Museum of Flight. Caught her in Ellensburg Washington at a truck stop.

RC-135 over Omaha, flying the pattern at Offutt.

Southwest at Midway, including Missouri One.

F-16s and Hill AFB.

Not a plane, but pretty cool anyway.

KC-135s lined up at Lincoln, Nebraska.

edit on 9/3/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Very cool. I wish I had more time and lived closer to Opa Locka Airport.

I'm always seeing military aircraft going in and out of that place.

If I move closer to MIami International Airport like I want to. I can take some pics whenever I see something interesting.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Really like the pics of the f-18 in transport.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Stngray

It arrived at Boeing Field the next morning and by close of business it was completely assembled and ready for display.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Ewa Air 777-300 on a test flight over Othello, Washington. It delivered on the 12th.

B-1s in their native environment.

Rare photos of B-1s actually flying.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Considering their age its amazing how these over the hills make most contemporary single props look and sound pathetic.

edit on 14-9-2016 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oooooohhhh Aaaaaaahhhh.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

It's kinda boring when you're in the shop.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Pinal Air Park in Arizona

Anyone know what the odd one in this pic is?

Anyone notice the odd one in this pic?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
love the pics, and seeing the part of the country too....like being therereminds me of Mtn. Home AFB........thank yu...
edit on 23-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was looking for a blue seal on the fuselage.
Nope.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

One of the planes in one of the pictures shouldn't be there, and is probably there for a non-storage reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join