It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

There is something weird in both of these pictures. Who can find and identify what it is?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't know, I think i have pareidolia now, but is there a Mig in those two photos. I think I may need Mr Magoo glasses .
As for the NKC-135, are they testing laser targeting ? What is the anntena on the glider ?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Not MiGs, no.

I'm not sure on the NKC but I don't think so.

That's a motor. It's a nice little motorized sailplane. The motor folds back into the fuselage and stores normally, but some pilots leave it open just in case.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I'll bite again:

At fist glance I was going to point out the missing Malaysian 777, but upon further inspection, it's a DC-10.

On the other one, there's a gray aircraft out in front - I was going to say a WB-57, but the tail is all wrong, and I too am suffering from pareidolia as related to that aircraft...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Virgil Cain

There are a couple of MB-326s, F-100s, and a few others buried in there. But that's not what I'm looking for.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Let me know when you want me to lay down a subtle hint.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I idiotically lost this job from a random UA that tested positive for legal herb

In five months I can reapply.....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I didn't want to go to the well too many times in asking for another hint. I'm thinking it's a thin gray tail that's right of center in both images (looks to be two of them), but I can't place it...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Awsome photos!!! Is that Alaska?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Yep

Good to see you Q

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaShredAK
a reply to: Quantum12

Yep

Good to see you Q

Ugh....i did it again....thats the wife's profile.....lets try this again...

Yep

Good to see you Q!

Lol, my bad

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Good eye.

They are rather obscure too. Only 9 of them left anymore (according to Wiki). there are other angles of that bone yard that show them.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

A C-130 variant with the rudder removed? Am I in the ballpark? Now looking at the accompanying images, I realize we have probably moved on from Arizona to California...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

These were at Plant 42 and Mojave yesterday. Sorry, should have specified that. Posted at the end of a long day of hurry up and wait.

As for the type, think earlier.
edit on 9/27/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes, we're in Cali now. Mojave to be specific.

The aircraft in question is like a C-130 but not quite. More like a Stretch Armstrong C-130, that had a specific designation, mission and had a bad reputation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You could say that. When one guy in navigator school found out he was going to them his instructor looked him in the eye and said, in all seriousness, "Nice knowing you".

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
nice pics, i'm just going to drop a comment about somthing flying in yorkshire in the UK and its been flying for around 5 years i know of,ive only ever heard it as its allways cloud cover but what ever it is its loud i mean REALLY FREAKING LOUD it sounds like the sky is being torn appart.

The 1st time i heard it it scared me so bad i nearly crapped my pants! the wolds in yorkshire is quite sparce in population and as i said they fly it in cloud cover and i guess it must be bloody fast too but that sound,christ i wish i knew what it was just out of shear curiosity.
I think its a militery jet and thats all i have, i know its lame i have no more info but i just had to mention it.

what the hell could be that freaking loud? don't mean to de-rail it's just been bugging me.got it off my chest.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Both tails belong to the same aircraft? I was originally thinking it might be some design related to scaled composite, but based on the hints you all are dropping, that idea is way off...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's two aircraft parked close to each other. Both the same type, but each only has one tail. And neither one should be there.
edit on 9/27/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join