It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random aviation photos

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That was taken at an extreme angle at high altitude, from like 100 miles away.
edit on 9/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I was actually just about to ask you what sort of distance that was taken from. Amazing detail it really is.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I caught some Merlins flying over the other day. I have been noticing helicopters flying a lot more around here recently.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Keeping up with some of the Hurricane related pics I wonder if that was a bumpy flight in and out.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It's Delta, it was light chop.

(Running joke with the ATC Memes Facebook page)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I want to say it was like 40,000 feet from something like 85-90 miles, from a pod mounted on an F-16, but I don't recall for certain.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Good old dodgy Delta hey. Never flown with them but haven't heard great things about them.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

They're not as bad as some, but they're worse than others.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I did two trips to the States the other year. First flights were with Virgin 2nd trip was British Airways. Virgin were miles ahead I felt really disappointed with BA.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I've flown many US airlines as well as a few Asian ones. For US carriers, Hawaiian was the best, with Delta being second. I really enjoyed flying to Guam and Saipan on Continental (loved their 767-400s), but they're United now, and I've never been impressed with United.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What's up with this?

link

Could be artifact - the shadow doesn't match the outline of the aircraft?

NASA F/A-18 with something on the ground in front of it? F/A-18 Full-Scale Advanced Systems Testbed? Apparently one is being used for Sonic Boom suppression, but doesn't appear to be modified.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 7/9/17 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Sure looks like they are covering something up there

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Tow bar attached to the front gear? That would explain the lower shadow.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Badgermole42

Yep. That's what it looks like to me too.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yeah, Check the shadow of the nose. It's not that pointy. That's a tow bar.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
What's up with this?

NASA F/A-18 with something on the ground in front of it? F/A-18 Full-Scale Advanced Systems Testbed? Apparently one is being used for Sonic Boom suppression, but doesn't appear to be modified.

Could be artifact. Its possible that some sot of algorithm may have deleted it thinking it was artifact? I can see no reason to hide the boom.

Actually poking around that link was fun. Several global hawks, the F-16XL parked north of the picture looks to be in bad shape and there are several derelict Hornets with it. On the flightline we have a BUFF an Bone, and several F-16's some of which appear to be Block 60 or 70 an KC-135 that way on the other end.

The Edwards fitness center is conveniently located next to a Panda Express

The South base is really cool. we have a Proteus, a Vark, a A-7, what looks like a EC-135 Looking Glass painted in its anti flash white, a B-1, C-130, a C-141A with its pointy nose, a DC-3, a Army bird I can't make out, a short winged canberra and a Jetstar in cammo paint, and behing the jetstar is a twin tailed squat jet I cannot make out either HELP!!!!

On further examination the EC-135 may not be a looking glass bird as there is no commo housing on the top of the fuselage. So it could be one of the Airborne Launch Control System variants
edit on 9/7/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

St martin airport runway and its famous beachfront showing the effects of Irma

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From Tyler Rogoways twitter

A California C-130J fighting fires. As awesome as this pic is I want to see the GoPro footage from that camera on the windshield

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You should see the airport itself.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

A pic I saw of the airport a lot of the terminal building looks damaged and there sand all over the runway

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join