It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in the new house.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: farmville
you should of asked the realtor if it was haunted or if anyone died

They're supposed to disclose that, but rarely do. They want to sell, not disclose any negativity. Thats all subjective anyway when it comes to money and real estate office.

My brother sold his haunted house, nary a peep to the new owners. Have fun whoever you are. I lived in a haunted house for years, renting rooms to people that reported the same things over time. The neighbor confirmed it for me one day… "That place is haunted you know". Jaw drop. Thanks, after all this time you tell me.

To the OP, you don't have to ask your neighbors about ghosts just what the people we're like before you. Thats a lot easier to talk about and may get them to open up more , instead of just going all ghosty on them right off.

As far as concern on your part, the whistle is friendly sounding, don't know the tune. The other 'activity', if spirit related usually sets dogs to whimpering or fear displays, ears flat back, tail between legs, hiding, whimpering at different times for no reason. Like your one dog that jumps into your lap during thunder storms… that kind of response.

In my brothers old house there was activity I witnessed on several occasions. It gets your attention. One night middle of night, on the couch, the family dog next to me, I hear three distinct knocks on the back sliding glass door, look up, at the whole backyard visible, and nobody is there. The dog at my side doesn't move, but lets out this long, low, menacing growl. Usual response was to bark the dickens at people coming to the front door. This time he just lays there, growling.

Definitely otherworldly. It kind of leaves no doubt when theres an episode, several things happen together that help cement it in your mind that later, add up to something odd.

Your pets are your best barometer and your kids, their dreams, any odd occurrences, scary moments alone at night. Keep a heads up, it sounds benign, but may develop over time. Its okay to "talk to" the house, in fact put them in check if they get to 'pushy'.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thank you everybody for your input and concerns.

I don't want it gone, unless it is hurting my family in some way.
I want to document it.

Ever since I was younger I have wanted to "ghost hunt", but I never did anything but read about it and watch it on tv. This is literally the very first time ever that I have set out to record something, and I caught something!!

I feel that finding out the tune will give me a time period so to speak. If it is a newer song, It's probably not a ghost and I need to worry about people being up at my house at the time of night and not making my dogs freak out. But if it's older like Heebie Jeebies - Louis Armstrong which was popular in the 20's, then I can safely say I might have a ghost. Just because it's an old tune doesn't mean it is a ghost either, I am aware of this. I love to listen to a lot of OLD music myself, and I'm not really all that old.

The movement in the mirror, really has us stumped. We can not find an explanation for it. The movement ONLY appears in the mirror, not on the floor by the wall where it takes place according to the mirror.

Now yesterday May 27th 2016 I woke up started going through the recordings from that night.
There is one recording that you can hear 2 thumps/small bangs, but nothing moves. BUT when I walked into the kitchen to make my coffee that morning I had 2 cabinets open. When I asked J if he had left them open the night before ( I get up before everyone else every morning) he said no he remembers closing everything and putting all things away because he had cleaned the kitchen . hmmmmmm

And the video did not record either of the kids getting up and leaving their rooms to go in to the kitchen.

Moose did a LOT of walking around too, in and out of the kitchen, and up and down the stairs and hall way, which isn't exactly normal for him. He is arthritic and doesn't move much at all unless he has to. Sometimes he will pace because he can't get comfortable, but that isn't very common. I'm not saying that that isn't what was happening but 2 bangs and 2 cabinets open, and the one dog I have that isn't scared of everything pacing the house seems a little suspect to me.

Anywho, it is 5-28-2016 today and we did not set up a recorder last night, we decided to skip it for a night or 2.

I will continue to update when I can and with what I can.

I will not antagonize it or anything like that. I am curious, and I will investigate. If it get to the point that I worry about my children or my pets in any way shape or form, then I will make the appropriate calls.

edit on 5-28-2016 by Squirlli because: wrong date :/

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli

I wonder if the clip is loud enough that I can Shazam the tune and see if it can tell me what it is?

you're most welcome! yeah that was what i tried to in a different way through a "find music" type website with a flash piano, but it did not seem to work. the whistle could be cropped and dB boosted on a sound editing software for a tune clean enough for the algorithm to recognize i guess. good luck with that =)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My golden retriever never barks. She's a great dog.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

As far as engaging it, studying it, recording it, best left alone, in the long run. Its a spirit, you are still among the living. Le it go on with its 'life', you with yours. Unless theres a direct confrontation, warning or harm, best to leave them be.

Its not that they or you will come to harm from direct interaction, its that other doors may open, you don't want to know whats behind them.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'll share my story with you. 15 years ago I moved into my grandmothers house. There were always weird noises and stuff going on. One night I'm home alone and my grandmother was out of town. I'm sitting in the computer room when I heard a loud bang. I mean loud I practically jumped out of the chair and the noise came from the basement. So I go down to investigate and some iron bed rails that had sat in the same corner undisturbed for 20 years fell over by themselves. These things weighed 50lbs each. Since I was a kid they had sat in the same place. I told my grandmother and she said oh it must be the ghost. I kinda laughed and was like yeah right.

One night I run into the basement and grab a box of mac and cheese off the pantry. I needed some milk so I ran up to the corner. I come home and my grandmother is all freaked out saying she heard people talking in the basement. So I down there and all the lights are on. There are 5 of them. I asked my grandmother if she had been down there and she said no.

So by then we had this running joke about the house being haunted. My cousin moved in shortly after and he's living in the basement. One night he was in the computer room and he said it felt as though someone had grabbed his shoulder. He turned to look and no one was there. Another time he woke up in the morning to find all the lights on in the basement.

A while back I was sitting in the computer room home alone. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a pepsi. 2 minutes later I heard some noises to I went to check it out. I walked into the kitchen and all the cabinet doors were open.

So one night I'm laying in bed and couldn't sleep. I had a lot on my mind. I got up to go to the bathroom and all the lights were off in the house. I walked into the hallway and saw the silhouette of a person. I jumped 6 inches off the ground. The first thing that came into my mind was it it's an intruder. I'm a big guy so not much scares me. I went charging down the hall ready to kick someones ass. I got face to face with it and watched it disappear right in front of me. It was an old man. I saw it clear as day when I got face to face.

My grandmother and cousin have both had a lot of experiences. Sometimes we all joke about it. My grandmother is chatholic myself I'm not religious at all. My grandmother wanted to bring a priest in to bless the house. I refuse to let her do it. I don't know what it is or it's intentions. The last thing I want to do is piss it off. It's been relatively harmless and I would like to keep it that way. As long as it's not jumping on me in the middle of the night like something out of the exorcist it can stay for all I care. So for the most part we ignore it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Firstly, I must commend your OP and general interaction in this thread Squirlli!

I am astonished nobody has mentioned my own observations of your first video.

Now yes I did see the shadow move across the white area in the first split second, BUT, I only saw this on my third or fourth watch as I was much more focused on something else.

I watched the video without reading your description of what I should see, and what I saw was a shadow appear on the carpet directly in front of the mirror after a few seconds (after the shadow inside the mirror) at its base, which stays there the rest of the time.

Also if you watch the large shadow on the right wall closest to the camera, it is continuously moving.

Just my 2c.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Now yesterday May 27th 2016 I woke up started going through the recordings from that night.
There is one recording that you can hear 2 thumps/small bangs, but nothing moves. BUT when I walked into the kitchen to make my coffee that morning I had 2 cabinets open. When I asked J if he had left them open the night before ( I get up before everyone else every morning) he said no he remembers closing everything and putting all things away because he had cleaned the kitchen . hmmmmmm

And the video did not record either of the kids getting up and leaving their rooms to go in to the kitchen.

ok as I stated in my last post I recorded 2 thumps/small bangs and upon walking into the kitchen the next morning two of my cabinets were open. Going back and listening to the video/audio captured there are 4 thumps/small bangs. my cabinets make a sound when you pull them open, due the the latch or whatever it is that is on them.

Here is the unedited original audio

Here is it cleaned up a little

now by cleaned up, I mean I opened it with Audacity and reduced the noise 1 time and amplified it 1 time with whatever the default is for that.

That is what my cabinets sound like when you open them and let them swing open and hit the surrounding cabinets.

This was at 2:27am on the 27th of May.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Believe_nothing

Thank you!

I don't want to look into tooooo much the shadows outside the mirror, because I'm afraid it's pixelation, BUT we too have seen this. I need a better camera lol. We didn't even notice the movement in the mirror for a couple days, and it was my husband that noticed it first. I am not completely discounting it, and I'm so glad we aren't the only ones to notice it!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

Thanks,

No we didn't have it blessed, didn't actually plan on it either.
I usually have bells on the doors and I'll walk through my first full day alone and tell the house " what's up" so to speak.
If it is infact a ghost, I'm totally ok with that. It can open and close doors, and move things around, Hell I'd talk to it all day if it wants to, But as soon as it starts being "mean" we'll say, then we have a problem.

I'm just not to the point that I'm 100% positive that it's a ghost.

We have been here a month ish, and the first weird thing was our very first night in the house.

I'm happy to see that you're okay with it staying as long as it's friendly. Just leave it/him alone unless things start getting out of hand.
I had an evil ghost (possibly a demon) in the house where I grew up. That was no fun at all! And in just about every house I've lived in has had a ghost since I left home. No demons anywhere else, but sometimes they get mischievous and I have to threaten to kick them out. Things usually calm down after that.

Just always be firm and let them know it's your house now and if they want to hang around, they have to obey your rules!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting. Great thread by the way,now there is an app called "SoundHound" you may have enough of the whistle sample to run through the app and it may come up with a pos hit for the tune. Just a thought.
Not read all the thread yet but it's a good read so far.I love these stories, just hope it's not a nasty entity.
Have you thought about getting one of those emf detectors?
The film the entity,apparently the house was saturated with electro magnetic fields,now the theory goes these may be the course of the phenomena OR it may help facilitate it.fascinating stuff.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The whistle reminded me of the whistling music in Kill Bill (the movie-don't know if its one or two). Best wishes. I had squirrels in the first home I owned (over 30 yrs ago). They were very annoying and made lots of weird sounds. We got a animal trap and rid the roof attic area in about two months, then sealed their private entrance. Took them over 10 miles away and released them in the country. Best wishes.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I am getting 'audio error" on those links. Is it just me?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

they are .wav files if that helps you at all

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Here is my 2 cents . This ghost(s) is ill at ease. Black shadows , bumps in the night are meant to get your attention. I would take the advice of another poster and not document , study , etc,. this entity. Also , STOP looking in mirrors to see the thing. It knows that you know about it. Believe me. www.psychicsuniverse.com...
So here is the thing. As a living human being , you have the right to have your own space unimpeded by the ghostly supernatural antics of some unrestful ghost. The original spirit can also attract other spirits that might be a bit meaner and savvy at manipulating the physical. Obviously there is a portal , and the thing about a door that isn't locked is that any one , or anything can come in. Don't allow yourself to be bullied by this thing. Shore up your belief system and use it to protect you and your family from the wandering desires of an unknown entity. You have the power to be strong , so you should use that. Tell it in no uncertain terms ,out loud , when you feel it's presence, that you do NOT want to know when it is there , hear it , see it or sense it, and it is to leave you , your family members and animals ( pets) alone. In No Uncertain Terms. Period. Claim your power.
If you are fascinated with this thing , I fear that soon it will turn on you. Appreciating that you have had an 'encounter' is all well and fine , but these types of things like to grab a hold and not let go.. meaning keeping you involved with it , giving it more mystical power , mystery , etc,. Accept that these types of things do happen , and it has happened to you , but don't play with it , or use it as a novelty etc,.
That is my advice.
edit on 31-5-2016 by seeknoevil because: Put the wrong ' A reply to ' in the header. Oops!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
*UpDate*

So nothing has really happened since my last post, till last night. The kids have been home because school is out for summer, so it's not as quiet and calm in the house as normal. They have left to Nana's house for a few days though so.. ( yay mini vaca for me)

So last night, well this morning about 1 am, I'm laying on the couch in the dark. I don't know why I had woken up. ( I'm a pretty light sleeper so I had to have heard a sound or something, but who knows). So I'm laying there in the quiet, and I hear footsteps. Sounds like someone walking, kinda shuffling across the carpet. I can tell it's to my right (over by the front sliding glass door, the one in Video 2) and it's slower than a normal walk, but it's not super slow. ( sorry words aren't working for me this morning
)

I sit up and I reach down and feel Moose next to the couch and he is sleeping right there on the floor, but I don't see Boris (Granted it's dark and he's black), so I get up and walk around and look. I see no one by the door, nothing outside or in the kitchen. ( at this point the steps have stopped). I walk down the hall and Boris is sleeping next to the bed where J is.

Ok found both dogs, both are sleeping, so I go back to the couch and lay down and right as I start to drift again, I hear footsteps again. It definitely was only 2 feet, not four, and it was almost a shuffle, same spot. It lasted for about a minute, like someone was pacing, then just stopped.

I have no audio or video for this sorry. I will be setting everything back up soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I lived in a haunted house for 5 years and didn't know it, lol. I always heard foot steps above me (there was a fire in the top compartment, all ruins still there). I always assumed it was my landlord walking around, but when I brought it up to them, they just said...NO, it couldn't have been us. That made me think it was squirrels, or my cat down the hall, but everytime I heard it (about twice a month), my cat was sleeping with me and it just couldn't have been squirrels.

My friend moved into my apartment after I moved out (it was a duplex) and the landlords sealed up the staircase door that led upstairs, that's when my ex-neighbor (girl who lived on the other side of duplex) moved out of her house for about a week bc she saw the ghost in her room.

Small world but my friend...used to live on that other side and she said it haunted her a lot, talked to her boyfriends child, etc. My side wasn't much "haunted", however, in looking at past pics there are orbs and energies in the pics. Also one time I took a whole party upstairs where it was burned down (bc its cool) took a bunch of cool pics, and the next day they were all gone out of my camera (they were digital so they were just erased).

I wish I would have known more about ghosts then bc it would have been fun to talk to them and stuff. Apparently it is a young boy, about 12.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

That's crazy!!

That's actually a really cool story. So just foot steps? Or was there other things too? My cabinets open and close on their own, and last night/this morning was the first time I heard footsteps, but I hear weird sounds pretty often, and of course the whistling that I caught the one time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I don't think it haunted my side of the duplex, just upstairs (where I heard the footsteps) and the other side.

I was young, partied a lot, drunk or under the influence for those 5 yrs straight so if something did happen, probably didn't notice it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My current house has them too

But now I have a psychic medium as a neighbor and she clears them out for me and keeps it protected. Not sure how but she does.

I think the ghost or my house (apparently houses can have their own spirits or something) must have really liked me when I moved in bc it kept my house very cold, extremely cold to where I didn't have to kick on the AC till July the first year I moved in. My roommate was so cold so finally I said "thanks so much, but its almost too cold" to which the next day I had to kick on the AC. Same with the heat in the wintertime, I save sooo much money.

When I first moved in also I could not keep a charge on my cell phone, it drained so quickly. I asked it to please stop doing that and it did

Honestly, I was scared to death to move in bc I knew and also the guy who put in my hardwood floors knew there was something there, I didn't want to be scared of my own house I just spent a hundred thousand dollars on! First home buyer. Im just glad it was a nice ghost/house.

That last inhabitants wrecked the house (for ex. the laundry room was a litter box) and I just really think that is why my house is so grateful.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join