It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in the new house.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My family and I just recently moved into a new house in a new city and state. ( yay go us )

My husband I have been hearing weird noises almost daily. ( they started the very first night here)
Back story is;

The first night, we are all (us and 2 kids and 2 dogs and a guinea pig) are camping in the living room ( our furniture and such hadn't arrived yet) and it was about 10-1030 ish in the evening. The kids had passed out, the dogs were sleeping with the kids, and we were just settling down and laying on an air mattress in the really quiet. We both heard what sounded like a scraping falling sound from down in the basement, possibly outside. We both laid there for a minute and didn't say anything or move. I wasn't even sure I had heard something. So I said to my hubby J, are you gonna go check that out? He replies, damn I was hoping you didn't hear that.

So we both get up, I grabbed my ball bat ( I always have one near by
) and we go down stairs. Nothing is out of place. So we go outside. Nothing is out of place, there is no wind or breeze, and all we can hear are crickets. We walked around the entire house inside and out and found nothing weird. So we go to bed and go to sleep.

A few days later we had the kids enrolled in school and J started working, so it was just myself and the animals in the house all day. ( Job markets suck). My dogs, I have 2 of them, Moose my oldest is a 9 year old Golden Retriever who will bark at anything and everything. ( I am totally and 110% against debarking dogs, but I have seriously considered it for him over the years.) He barks at his farts, at the wind everything. I always know what is going on in and around my house because of him. Boris is my 2 year old chicken little of a Black Lab. This big baby is terrified of his shadow, and will scream bloody murder over the slightest startle. ( Having an 80 lb lab jump in your lap because he heard thunder is only cute the first couple times)

Anyways, a week or so ago, I heard this LOUD thump/thud from down the hallway. It sounded like if you let a cabinet door swing shut too hard. I was in the living room with both dogs, it was about 1130 in the morning. The dogs perked up as did I and I went to investigate. The dogs stayed where they were. There were no windows open in the house, so no breeze, and all the bedroom doors were shut that morning before everyone left for school and work. ( they were still closed)
There are no windows in the bathroom, which is the only room in the hallway that has cabinets, but everything was fine, I couldn't find anything out of place.

2 days later, my cell rings and I go to answer it and there is nothing. No call screen, no caller ID, its just ringing. I hit the lock button it didn't stop, I hit the button again it turned back on and kept ringing, still no call screen. It stopped in about the same amount of time that it would had I just let a call ring through. It did this twice in a 5 minute period. Same thing both times. No voicemail, no missed call. A couple hours later the dishes I had drying in the dish rack fell into the sink. My dish rack sits far enough away from the edge of the sink that for the whole thing, dishes and dish rack, to fall into the sink it would have to be pushed. Moose went to the kitchen to investigate, but Boris got up and hid behind my legs, till I got up and went into the kitchen.

Couple days later the dogs and I are in the living room, I'm eating lunch when I hear a cabinet in the kitchen open and close. Now my cabinets have those wheel latch things, that you have to push the door shut and it snaps shut and you have to tug it open and it snaps open, so yes I can see a wind coming through the window to shut it, but not open it. It wasn't even windy that day. Both dogs again perked up and looked that direction, and Moose and I got up and walked into the kitchen to look around. Boris went to the basement and stayed there for a couple hours. Nothing was out of place in the kitchen, all the cabinets were closed, and Moose seemed satisfied with his findings and went and laid back down.

Now May 23rd J and I decided to set up a camera over night to record anything and everything, just to see what we could see. ( this is the same day as the kitchen cabinet opening and closing)

This is what we found

That was recorded May 23rd 2016 at 11:54pm

Now first I apologize for the mess we are still moving in.
Now more importantly, the first sound you hear is Moose walking on the stairs which are behind the camera ( they are hardwood) but he stops walking as soon as a whistling starts. It's a tune, not a bird, or the guinea pig. It is quite clear. The app I was using only recorded for 15 seconds, I don't know how long this actually lasted. Now if you look again, at the mirror at the end of the hallway in the bottom left you can see a white "thing", It was some packing paper, and at the very very beginning of the video ( if you look in the mirror), you see a black shadow/thing/mass/something move in front of it and stay there, but if you look at where it is on the floor by the door, nothing is there, nothing moves, nothing is blocking it from the mirror.

Now this next video is J and I setting the camera up the same way, and J going outside and whistling to see if it sets the camera off.
Also fair warning, I cuss, so there is a couple "bad words".

Whistle Test

Now like I said in the video, for where J was at when he triggered the recording, If there had been a person that close to my house, making even the slightest noise Moose would have gone BONKERS. Completely nuts. But he doesn't.

The following pics are of the area J was in when he set off the recorder, he was standing in front of my truck but not under the balcony. He tried multiple spots starting at the street and walking closer each time.
As you can see for someone to set off the recorder from that location they would have to be right up at my house. Moose would have barked and gone absolutely nuts, and woken everyone up in the house.

I hope all the links work, and images.

What say ATS? Do you think I might have a ghost? I really don't know what to think about this, it's all just so surreal to me right now.
Also does anyone recognise that tune?

OH and, I live in Davenport IA, I haven't been able to find any real history about my property ( other than my house may have been at least 2 apartments at one time), but Davenport Wiki

Be gentle its my first time

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Go to the courthouse and see who has owned or possibly lived there. Then take the names and pop them into a search to see if a violent crime was committed in the house.

The sound I heard in your video sounded like someone grabbing a closed door and shaking it?

Good luck! I would be freaking the hell out......

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Pictures and links not working and I'm no help

Just treat them as friendly and they will respond in the same.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ya know I didn't even think about going to the court house. I had plans on going to the local museums and libraries, but not the court house.

Thank you!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli

Ya know I didn't even think about going to the court house. I had plans on going to the local museums and libraries, but not the court house.

Thank you!

I can't remember the name of the public office that holds those things, something about deeds or land records?

Also check the laws on selling a house to see if the seller has to inform the buyer of things such as the house being haunted!
edit on 26-5-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

First off, fantastic presentation and description. Super job. I hope a moderator recognizes this and applauds you for it.

Next, you grab a bat and the hubby doesn't? I think he deserves a bit of ribbing for that. He sounds like the black lab.

My office is in a very old house and everyone here seems to have strange stories about noises. I am usually first in, and last out, so I have a bit of alone time. Since nobody would know, I usually talk to the "occupants" when I am here alone. They must be nice, as they haven't done anything mean spirited to me. (pun intended)

Sounds like you have something worth looking into there. I'd suggest a cheap camera system with some wireless cameras you can move around. You will either capture Casper, or you might just find out why those noises are happening. Peace of mind either way.

Again, fantastic job on the thread.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you so much!.

Yes I did tease the hubby about it lol, I don't blame him though, I too didn't want to go investigate.

The videos are recorded using a Samsung Tablet through an app called Trackview. It's a free app that is marketed towards allowing people to use old camera phones and tablets to create a wireless at home security system. It isn't even close to awesome, but it's free and it worked for me.

I have an old Iphone that as soon as I find the charger I will also start using that, and a couple old tablets laying around as well.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Great story and first post!
It's a breath of fresh air from all the political nonsense floating around ATS these days

Your dogs don't seem to be reacting to any presence in the house though? Their behavior seems consistent and not out of the ordinary?

Why not invest in a cheap sound recorder, the type that switches itself on when there is some noise or sound close by

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You know you always hear of creepy stories where there is some homeless person living in an attic or crawl space, you don't have any way for someone to get into the house that you don't know about?

Great thread by the way!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

All I can say is I should not have read your post. Wife and I are (hopefully) closing on our first house mid-summer and I have an overactive imagination as it is.

Good luck and I hope it's friendly.

Edit to add: We currently live on the second floor of a two family house and we have "something" there with us. Even guest of ours have commented about it. I've never really minded it because it seems to like us, or at least that is the sensation I get from it, if that makes any sense.

I often joke with my wife by asking her how we can get it to come with us when we move.
edit on 26-5-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Oh Dear please don't say that.

My house is built into a hill, so no there really isn't a way into the house like that. Not unless they can fit down the chimney.

And thank you

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I have quite the over active imagination, and I love watching horror movies all day. ( my fave are found footage).

Almost every house we have lived in I have said was haunted, but this is the first time my husband has had experiences too.

Ever since I was younger I have wanted to be a Ghost Hunter, but I never did anything but read about it, till now. It's so weird dealing with this in real life, it's really not like the movies I love so much at all.

Well I hope it doesn't turn out that way anyways

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I've been following your story about the new house. Ask the occupant if he'd like to come with you. Not saying I believe in ghosts, but if he's cool, why not. Maybe you can train him to bring you a beer or something really cool. Good luck on the new home.
edit on 26-5-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bagel

Oh psh, payday is right around the corner, I already have one picked out lol.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

See that makes the prospect of a ghost in the house not seem so bad

Have you had anything like this at your previous homes?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

I have thought so, but I was the only one.

Nothing to this extent either.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli

Thank you!

When I bought my house, buried somewhere in the hundreds of documents, was a list of every person who had owned the house since about 1930, including when bought/when sold. I have had some strange things happen in my house.

The odd thing I noticed form that is that no one stayed longer than 4 years, except me, so the list is long.

You could look for that paper.
edit on 26-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Pretty spooky stuff. For the record I live about 30 mins away from Davenport and know it very well if you ever have any questions about anything there feel free to shoot me a PM.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The only thing I have like that is all the owner manuals for the fridge, stove, garbage disposal, and such, and a few receipts that are so faded I can't even find a date.

I think the house was built in the 50's or 60's, that's something I'm working on finding out.
Some of my digging will have to wait, due to us not sharing this with the kids yet, since they haven't had any experiences.
They are going to Nana's for a bit this summer and I fully plan on investigating this as much as I possibly can.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join