It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in the new house.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nice to see a thread that documents this experience and we'll presented. Fair play to you. Adleast this way people can offer plausible reasons and can help guide you rather than someone saying "I know it's true". GL on your journey.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Double post yall
edit on 26-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
a reply to: donktheclown

lol we are renting, but I did tell the husband that every paranormal investigating team that has their own show has had a paranormal experience that started it all, so this could be our ticket to fame and fortune

I've always wondered if they pay for the pleasure of having material for their shows. Hmmmm. Might not be a bad idea for some quick cash. : )

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

when we first moved in we found evidence of mice, but nothing new. We have a ton of chipmunks and squirrels in our yard and the surrounding yards, rabbits too.

we are going to do some investigating ourselves first, and as long as nothing gets out of hand, I feel that we shouldn't need to call someone. I am not too proud to make a call though if I need to.

But my thing is, I don't know of any kind of animal that can actually whistle like that, short of a stray/escaped parrot, but I haven't seen any of those either.

The whistling is where I doubt it could be an animal. I've heard disembodied whistling in person, and feel it can come off as frightening as many would. Though, later found that some researchers concluded when one hears that kind of whistling it isn't meant to be in a bad light, but rather a spirit letting you know they are there.

Personally I'm not sure yet if I see it that way. The one house I've heard it in was haunted pretty badly. Maybe it was more of a "protective spirit" letting me know that there was watchful protection.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am still stuck on the whistling. It sounds like a song, or a simple tune that some one would whistle out of boredom. I can't tell what one it is though.

and the movement/ shadow thing in the mirror. What the HECK is that!?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: berenike

I think my GP has mental problems lol. He is the sweetest thing.He is my daughters and she named him Bella.
He doesn't seem to notice or act any different than normal.

Oh, good gravy! I thought "GP" was some new acronym like "DH" that referred to your Husband. I was thinking to myself that these folks need more than paranormal help! Finally figured out Guinea Pig. LOL

Sorry, I am still laughing.

Back on topic: Get a sage bundle and some sea salt. You can do your own blessing ritual if you don't feel comfortable going the priest/shaman route.

I love ghost threads - S&F

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Woo Hoo, we're rich - Beotches!!!

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Fascinating and well presented. Thank you.

The whistling is what interests me the most, and for a fairly good reason. I have had past experience with all kinds of odd events. That is, things that could not be physically explained. I won't go into details here, but while I believe there is more to this realm than what we normally perceive, I always try to look for "normal" explanations first. And to me, that whistling is the clincher that you have something strange going on, because it's not really explicable by normal means.

As for the tune, it's a very simple melody, seems to be 4/4 time and about 60 - 65 bpm. Reminds me of Oh Shenandoah in some ways but that song generally has a slightly faster tempo. Could well be something else; I think we're only hearing a fragment of a longer melody, so it's very hard to pin it down.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A remarkable tale, well told!!

I laughed out loud about the 80 lb dog leaping into one's lap only being amusing a limited amount of times... Been there, done that. I'm a guy, trust me, it only takes one time.

As for the rest? Holy cow... I've had those sorts of experiences in an old factory where I used to work. It can be, and was, scary.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The whistling would definitely have me unnerved too. In my experience the more you are "open" to things the more things happen.

Every house we have lived in has had some type of experience for us, old and brand new.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am still stuck on the whistling. It sounds like a song, or a simple tune that some one would whistle out of boredom. I can't tell what one it is though.

I know that song, it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't name it... It's like a children's song, the melody is very repetitive with many verses.. Is it French? Ca use ca use commes to mind... Anybody can help?

*goes to bed with the melody stuck in her head...*

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

True. Because, no matter where you are, something has happened there, whether good or bad, or combinations of the two...

...and it all leaves a mark of some sort.

My sister, when she lived on the east coast in Connecticut, lived in a house that had, once upon a time, been an inn/roadhouse along a carriage route. She counted at least four distinct ghosts of men and women that had died there over the two centuries it was a road house.

One was a gentleman of means who died at the hands of his *ahem* girlfriend...according to legend, girlfriend was actually a boy...but who knows after two hundred years. He is not a happy ghost, and stomps up and down the upstairs hallway.

The second and third were/are former owners who are felt, never seen, in the old kitchen area and dining area, both are now the living room--huge room.

The fourth, and saddest, was/is the runaway slave who died there of injuries suffered at the hands of "men" attempting to capture him. He is sighted in the well house where he crawled away to die.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is it this one?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

my Hubby was thinking it was Oh Shenandoah as well, but it is too slow. I wish my video would have recorded longer so that we can hear more of it.
It is a very proficient whistle, so the whistler knew what they were doing. It wasn't just a random tune.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you

yea Boris was just sitting and staring at my husband, and when he looked over at him, Boris crawled on his belly over to J and kicked him in the "goods" crawling into his lap.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gnostician

I swear I've heard it before, but honestly I'm not entirely sure. I have listened to the video so many times and it's just not clicking.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

so did you bring this up here cause its bothering you do want it to leave or just cause its happening? i find it quite it really interesting

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

When you heard it what sort of emotional response did you feel? Confusion would certainly be understandable...

Was there any sort of underlying current of emotional response? Fear? Happiness? Sadness? That could, if you can define it, go a long ways towards figuring out who/what it is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
makes me wonder if your foundation is pier and beam or solid concrete.

If it is the Beam type where you have a crawl space under the house it is plausible to have Ground Hogs /Prairie Dogs / or Squirrels and their roommate that freaking type of pygmy owl that likes to live in their holes...

The cabinet banging could have been a rodent on the inside banging against the wall it knows was once open before trying to find a different way out...

The shadow thing could have been a mouse or a raccoon.

The owl could have been one possible source of the whistle,

But an even stronger idea would be, the sound of water pipes or gas lines re-pressurizing. Did the whistle continue past the first few days?

These are things I look for first to Eliminate them. After all a whistle may be an indicator of a bigger problem like a pin hole leak in a gas line. May want to have a Carbon Mono test done just to be safe.

Enjoy the new Home.

(an 11 yr old with an issue that has followed around, maybe Poltergeist, but that is a reach...)

Salting the outside boarders of the house may not be a bad idea, helps keep pests out both the spiritual and the creepy crawly kinds...

If you have a faith, a Blessing may make you feel better, power of positive thinking and all.

But check the foundation and piping out, it could mean the difference between a great place and an er visit...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gnostician

I don't think so...well I'm not convinced they are the same song.

There is/ was a very large German presence here and has been for a very long time.
Also Native American Saux and Fox tribes to be exact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join