It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in the new house.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
also there is this thread I created, my first actual ghost experience with pics but not too many people on here find it as interesting as myself

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok time for an **UPDATE**

so the kids are out of school for the summer, there is more commotion in the house than usual, so I haven't heard many unexplained sounds. It could be because they aren't happening, or because I literally can not hear them lol.

Anyways, for a little over a week now, any time the house is empty ( of people ) for more than an hour one of the kids skylanders ( video game toy thing) gets chewed up.

1st, they are on a shelf, not the top but on a shelf under a shelf, pushed waaaay to the back, because they don't get used anymore. Yes when my dogs were pups, they chewed things up, but they are not pups anymore, and they never took things off of shelves to chew it up, I have never ever had this problem with them. They would chew it up if it was left on the floor, but never ever take it off of a shelf. This is so incredibly out of character for both of them.

2nd, they are at the way back of the shelf. If I reach back there to get one, it's deeper than my elbow, and its narrow.

I will be setting up a cam to see which dog is doing it, and how.

C, Saturday the 18th, J was upstairs in the bathroom, and the kids and dogs and I were downstairs playing games, when there was a very loud sound of metal being dropped. I yelled and asked if J was ok,( you can talk from the basement to the upstairs bathroom through the a/c vent ). He said that wasn't him, he thought it was one of us.
So we both start looking through the house, and of course can't find anything wrong, out of place, fallen over, etc.

Yesterday the 19th, I went to open the sliding glass door, and I couldn't' because the bar that is used to keep the door from opening was laid down and doing what it is supposed to do.

Now today I am thinking to myself, that that is really weird. That bar is only used to keep that door shut when we are gone for multiple days and the dogs are being boarded. There is no vent anywhere near that area, so no draft could have knocked it over, the windows and doors are closed, so no breeze, AND no one was near it at the time that it could have fallen, if it did infact fall and caused the sound that we all heard.

It's a pretty decent weight metal rod ( probably about 3-5 # ) and doesn't just fall over. I have had kids and large dogs wrestle and run and such through the house by it and it doesn't fall over.

Just an update. It's all I got for now.

I'll let yall know when something weird happens again

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How do create a post

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ToxicRocker This post just came to the top of My ATS list of threads I am subscribed to and you just posted your second post so... only three more to go and then you can follow the instructions from ATS members on the thread about whether the universe is real... you'll get it!😊 but only post things relating to the topic of the thread..

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you, I'm trying to figure out how to post a new thread , I've met the minimum post requirements now.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
**NEW UPDATE**

yesterday evening (6-21-16) J and I were sitting in the upstairs living room just perusing the interwebs. The kids and the dogs were downstairs playing games.

There was a loud sound of something falling in the tub in the bathroom down the hall. We looked at each other and J got up to go investigate. The shampoos had fallen.

Now they sit on a ledge built into the wall of the shower. it's easily 6 inches deep, and at least 12 inches long. It isn't packed with bottles, just a few (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and both razors) plenty of room for more. The vent in there is closed because it gets way too cold when the ac is running, and still the shower curtain was closed so even if there was a draft from the vent the curtain would have stopped it.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I always wonder about pixelation appearing in apparant paranormal video's, l have seen video's on shows where they have a fixed camera shooting down a corridor, there is a noise, crash whatever, and then often in the camera shot there is usually an area of mad dancing pixellation. What if that isn't some digital deviation in the quality, but something trying to show itself.

OP on your first video there was a small pocket of this manic pixellation after the noise in the centre of the shot, where all about was clear. And in the whistling video a different kind of pixelation in the bottom right hand side.

How can the shot be crystal clear and the next minute something like this appear.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: heartache

That is a very good point! I never actually thought about it like that. hmmmmm

I'm still trying to figure out what the song is that is being whistled too.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Follow the recommendation several posts back and try Soundhound. My husband has it and can hum various songs into his iPhone and it will identify them for him. Here's more info from their site. soundhound.com...

It's like Shazam for humming!

I don't know if it will identify the song from your audio but try reproducing the tune by humming. I would do it for you but I saw the video only once and that was enough for me. My last home was ten years of hell on my nerves. Shadow people. Cold spots, presences. Bed lifting off the floor with me in it. Demonic presence harassing my small child. Good freaking bye. I did everything I could to cleanse that place. The worst was gone by the time we sold it but shadow people were always clearly going to be a constant there.

I've moved to a house that every visitor describes as having a happy and friendly vibe and I don't want to ruin that dwelling too much on the paranormal. I visit this thread rarely for that reason now. I enjoy the subject but am afraid to taint my new home.

I will mention something that I learned from my last house. Trees apparently have spirits or some sort of force of their own. There was a diseased tree that my daughter and I could touch and it felt like it was utterly deranged because it was so distressed or gave off that feeling. Here at the new place there is a tree that feels rather euphoric. It's that "happy little tree" that artist Bob Ross was always talking about. Lol

My daughter and I have gotten to the point we can now feel these same "vibes" from the trees without touching them. Perhaps we always could but weren't consciously aware of it. I think most people actually can, too, but aren't aware of it. The very few people we have told who become aware seem able to pick up on these vibes or aura or whatever you want to call it, themselves. Except my very close minded husband of course. He just lacks the ability to still his mind from business and focus for even a moment, I think.

I was with a group that stayed at a national forest and I experienced dream disturbances being around these grand old trees. To my surprise, so did my husband, who, as I said, is a skeptic about everything. And so did one of the women we were traveling with. We all had uncharacteristic violent scary dreams even though none of us is prone to nightmares. I've no idea why we would have a negative experience there, but it was what it was. Some of the trees were very old and scarred by old forest fires and also suffering from drought so perhaps they were distressed from that. I don't know.

It's a longshot, but by any chance are there many trees on your property and any diseased or unusual looking ones? I'm just guessing but I have a theory, based on what I told you, that trees can have an influence on the atmosphere of a property. Especially if they are large enough and close enough to the house. That would not explain your apparent signs of haunting but it might contribute to an atmosphere conducive to attracting and retaining certain presences. Like annoying ones who like to make noises and chew things.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

There are a lot of trees around me. There is almost no sunlight in my yard because there are so many trees.

They are all healthy and big and sturdy. A friend of ours is an arborist and he came over one weekend after we moved in and climbed all the trees and removed any dead branches for us, and said that they are all healthy and happy trees.
( I honestly think he is a little weird
he is a tree hugger by definition )

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Lol, maybe he can feel those "vibes" I was talking about. That was something I discovered totally by accident, by the way. It's a crazy story.

Anyway, glad to hear your trees are good and healthy. I hope you enjoy peace and quiet in your new home from here on out.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have only had a few truly inexplicable experiences, but one involved clear whistling...I was babysitting in an old house and had picked out the start of the theme tune to an Agatha Christie TV series on their piano (it was played on the oboe, which I was learning at the time, and comprised clear separate notes).

Later that night I heard, from that closed room, someone whistling just those notes. This was a detached Victorian house of four floors...no chance that at 11pm, someone was passing by and just happened to be whistling the intro notes of a TVseries that was not currently playing. It definitely seems to be a thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for staying Tuned!

**UPDATE**

Ok yesterday the 25th of June, both kids, both dogs, and J and I were down in the basement hanging out. ( it's our game room) We all heard this really loud bang/boom. J and I looked at each other and he asked if that was in the house. I said it had to have been I felt it, not just heard it. It sounded like when something heavy falls on the floor above you. Moose didn't move, Boris looked up, but that was it. So J and I go upstairs nothing. Nothing had fallen, we couldn't determine if anything had been slammed shut because we didn't know what had been opened or closed before we had gone downstairs.

I looked outside thinking maybe someone hit something, but there was no one outside, nothing out of the ordinary at all.

So we go back downstairs, and about 5 minutes later it happens again, and J is all that has to be outside, and I disagreed , I could hear it and almost feel it like if it was in the house just a few feet away.

Honestly when it originally happened I thought a bookshelf fell over or something.

During the initial walk around investigation after the first noise, J had said that maybe it was a bird flying into window, which if it was then it would have to be a duck, it was a huge sound. That and we didn't find anything outside, so if a bird (duck/ hawk/ eagle/ larger bird which we have all of here) did fly into the window, it didn't stun it at all.

Can a ghost just make a sound like that without actually knocking something over?
Some people report hearing chains rattling and such when there are no chains present, in other stories.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SquirlliI don't know. That's happened a few times in our new house. It even happened a few nights ago. We heard a horrendous crashing thud noise while we were upstairs. I was in the master bathroom getting ready for bed. My husband was in bed. My daughter was in her bed. The dog was in her crate in the basement. We have cats. We heard a loud thud that sounded like someone had flung a table hard from our upstairs to our ground floor.

My husband and daughter searched the entire house and outdoor living spaces but found nothing amiss. Nothing was knocked over or out of place. No tree branches fell on the roof.

We can guess that perhaps the cats were jumping from the small balcony at the top of the stairs to the ground floor entryway. But cats are soft and I've seen a cat jump from that height before and never heard a sound. I don't know.

There have been no supernatural manifestations at this house in the two years we've lived here. I've had a few creepy demonic nightmares from time to time when I slept in the lower bunk of my daughter's bedroom, and she had just one sleep paralysis type of dream in the lower bunk (she normally sleeps in the top bunk and the lower bunk is empty or for guests or for me when my husband has the flu, but there has been nothing concretely creepy during waking hours like there was in our other house.

In my childhood home, my father once came running up from the basement because he was trying to nap down there and heard a horrid crash that shook the house. My mom and I were upstairs and had experienced nothing out of the ordinary. My childhood house was definitely haunted in some sense. Not by one particular "ghost" but it seemed like some kind of portal or playground for visiting weirdness to pass through fairly often.

I did once have Guinea pigs as a child. I had a mated pair and they had babies. They were fine when kept upstairs but they were very loud so my mom put them in the basement laundry room. They lived there a short while and one day when I went down to feed them they were all dead and looked like they were scared to death when they died. We couldn't understand it because we kept hamsters down in that same room for years just fine. We all spent plenty of time down there and I don't know what happened to kill off an entire family of Guinea pigs in one night.

Something definitely seems to be similarly strange about your house but it is still possible that crash sound has a non-paranormal explanation.

edit on 26-6-2016 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would go through and start stating "This is our house, you don't belong here". And be Loud.

Then, ignore it.

My sis moved into a 100 year old farm house last year and they started hearing things. They did this and now, IF anything happens, the ignore it. Things have stopped.

You can't get human spirits to leave if they don't want to go. But they will give you your space, after all, they were once alive too. If you find
out there was some sort of tragity in the home or on the property, you can try planting a tree and have an "acknowledgement ceremony". That may help. Just don't give it too much notice.

If it's something worse, you will, unfortunately, know that soon.

Then you will need to do something more drastic.

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

That's horrible about the little Guinea Pigs!

Cats can be some the most quiet graceful creatures, but they can also sound like a stampeding herd of elephants running through the house. I used to have a couple cats and they would run and play and my poor neighbors would think one of the children had fallen down the stairs! I no longer have them but I often think about them.

There is something weird here, and it happens almost daily for a week or so and then goes away for a couple weeks.

I know that my house was built in the 50s and was either renovated to be a town house, then renovated again at some point back into a single family home, or was originally built as a town house, and renovated into a single family home. The Land lord lives out of state and he seems like a douchebag honestly, so we mostly deal with a middle man. ( real estate company)

We were never told if the house was haunted, or if any tragedy had happened here, and we haven't asked. I'm thinking of asking, but the whole I'm not a crazy person part of my ego is holding me back

I haven't talked to the neighbors yet, on one side is an older couple ( who I feel would have the most info) but they turn their noses up at us when we see them outside. The other side of us is an apartment building, and the people are on rotation moving in and out almost on a weekly basis. Across the street is another apartment and it is the same. The lady that lives directly across from my older neighbors spends hours doing who knows what in her garage, I don't think she speaks english and if she does it isn't very well at all, AND she gardens with a chainsaw and pick ax. which is WAAAAAY to much for the garden of hostas she has going on.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

I don't want it to leave. I hasn't done anything wrong or hurtful to anyone or thing in my house. I want to document it.
If things start to sway away from this peaceful whatever it is, then I deal with it and have it removed from my house.

I have already had a nice little chat with it and told it so.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SquirlliGood lord, maybe the woman who gardens with the chain saw and pick axes has bodies buried on your property. Sounds like a really pleasant neighborhood you've got there. The one where I lived that had a lot of paranormal activity and perhaps odd government activity was fine when we first moved in but the families on our end of the cul de sac became plagued with domestic violence issues. One family simply brought the dysfunction with them. The other two seemed to develop it over time.

The household where I was aware one little boy was acting frankly a bit psychopathic was one in which two different previous families lost a parent to cancer. Then one night I saw a very malevolent shadow being cross the street and disappear into their property. My dog saw and reacted to it, too, which is how I know I was not hallucinating. I experience a lot of unusual things in my life but the only ones I'm willing to acknowledge are the ones that either another person also experiences and witnesses or an animal reacts to in a clear unmistakable way. Otherwise I assume it's just my imagination or a trick of the mind in order to stay grounded in some sort of reality.

Anyway, getting back to the little boy, his parents decided to move very suddenly right when there were still about two months left in the school year. This is after they had gone to the trouble of renovating the house. They wouldn't even take their furniture and ended up selling it. The wife could give no explanation other than her husband wanted to move to out west. Before that, she had told me it had been his dream to live in one of these houses as he had watched them being built as a child. Meanwhile once the decision to move was made I noticed her son was acting like a normal kid again.

The husband was often verbally abusive to his wife and flirted with the neighbor woman in front of the wife. The neighbor woman he was flirting with lived next door to me and ended up being hit by her husband and she moved out. Which left me dealing with her drunken abusive husband and having to call the police on him in the middle of the night when he would get drunk and chase his girlfriend down the street. I grew up in a poor neighborhood with a lot of crime and dysfunction but never saw domestic dramas play out like that before.

This was a very expensive upscale neighborhood but you would not know it from how we all were living. I drive through there from time to time and it's really gone downhill fast. The trees in the woods were all suffering from some kind of blight and now the blight on the people seems to have spread from my end of the street all the way up to the rest of the street.

There was just such a weird heavy oppressive atmosphere there. Among the non paranormal weirdness we had was odd human activity. We used to have a lot of white vans come through the neighborhood the first two or three years I lived there. The first year I lived there I was nearly driven crazy by a constant deep low frequency rumble only I seemed able to hear. And military planes often conducted really odd exercises right over us. They would fly around in circles for hours and the noise was incredible. Or they would chase each other. I grew up under the flight path of an Air Force base and never noticed activity like that. Nor do I experience it where I am now which isn't that far away.

It's like the old neighborhood was the place to concentrate weird and annoying happenings. I think some places are just simply like that. I do hope you're not stuck in such a place.

Oh about my odd noise, it was the cats. I saw how they did it this morning. One cat was chasing another and the one being chased jumped over the stairs to the middle landing and slid into the wall. Lol...so that explains that. I hope your mystery sounds are soon solved and that the explanations prove to be earthly ones. The paranormal is fun on tv and in books but it's a huge pain in the rear in real life.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
**UPDATE**

so the mystery skylanders being pulled from the shelf and chewed up has been solved. It's Boris!

I finally remembered to set up the camera before I left a couple days ago and wouldn't you know.
Oh boy is he in trouble and he knows it.

It is very out of character of him still, and he has been extra stressed as of late, even before the fireworks for the 4th, so I'm inclined to believe that he is stressed and acting out. Why he is stressed I'm still trying to figure out. We have been in the house long enough that the stress of the move should be over with.

Maybe it's me, I got some pretty earth shattering news right before the move, and even though I'm handling it surprisingly well, I still have my moments. I also quit smoking, and anyone who has quit can testify to being "stressed" or "moody" for a bit during and after the quitting .

gonna do some sit down evp later this evening, and more video tonight.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh Goodness, sorry about whatever news you're dealing with. And I wish you all the best in quitting smoking. It's not easy on anybody I know who has gone though it, but everyone I know who made the attempt to quit did manage it.

Boris could be reacting to a lot of things. He could be reacting to your stress. He could be reacting to a presence in the house that is disturbing him. I've had a lot of dogs over the years in various paranormal conditions and I've noticed that they vary as much as people do in their ability to sense paranormal phenomena.

I had one dog who never reacted at all. Ever. He would bark and be vigilant about normal things all dogs react to. But even when my parents or I would see or hear or react to something paranormal he wouldn't even wiggle an ear. But the dog we had before him would stare and bark at things only she and my mom could see. And there were some things only my dad and I could sense but my mom could not.

It's like we are all radio receivers tuned into different frequencies of strangeness. My dad and I seem to share sensitivities and my mom is off on her own frequency. My daughter and I intersect and often sense the same things, but she can sense some things I can't and vice versa. Our current dog seems able to see shadow beings but that is about the extent of it. My husband can't sense anything, usually.

I had previous group of cats that could sense and chase a shadow cat in my old house. My daughter and I could also see it. Our newer cats that we adopted as the older generation died off did not seem to see or react to the same shadow cat. I don't know how to explain that being. It looked like a cat and acted like a cat but could not be viewed clearly head on. It looked and acted very much like one of our living cats so my daughter and I often wondered if we were viewing some sort of time distortion phenomena.

We experienced that sort of thing with sound quite often in that house. We would hear all the sounds my husband usually makes when arriving home from work. But we would hear them hours in advance of him actually arriving. Other people visiting us would hear it, too. Very strange. I'm so glad to be out of that house. It was just too much different kinds of weirdness coming at us all at once.

Good luck with Boris. I hope he is feeling less stressed soon. Maybe give him a few new toys of his own to chew on and increase his walks. Walking more often than her usual schedule helped my dog adjust to the new home faster.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join