It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings in the new house.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I also live 30 minutes outside of Davenport on the Illinois side. Been is the QC all my life. Let me know as well if you have any questions

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
you should of asked the realtor if it was haunted or if anyone died

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Cool thread...

Being one who lived in haunted environs for years and had it "proved" again and again, all I can say is "Yup, weird, huh?"

And yeah, if the doggies aren't snarlin', chances are it's an innocuous part (or whole) of a human left behind and going about their business... I found that speaking to the "empty" room and suggesting that they don't have to stay and that they might be able to shout out mentally for help, just might move them on to wherever it is we are "supposed" to go.

That method (talking to nobody when 'alone') worked for my most disturbing experience, anyway... it really would seem to be a situation of being stuck in your former-present home with shadowy new people moving in! I know I'd like a "heads up" that I had died and could go exploring now.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Check to see if anybody is buried in basement...........

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli

Awesome post!

I watched the first video without sound (intentionally lol) and was wondering what the big deal was, until I kept reading and then re-watched it. I got chills when I heard the whistling!

I'm not sure what I believe when it comes to these kinds of things but seems to me you definitely have something worth investigation on your hands! Best of luck in figuring it out and I'm looking forward to your updates.
edit on 5/27/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Burn sage, grow rosemary at your front door.
Express calmly with no fear this is your safe space. no one elses.
Never get an adrenaline rush from it, its like you are letting it plug into you as a battery

Ignore it, everyone ignore it give it less energy to feed on.
Ask your "angels" to protect the home and lead out any unliving from there.

That's just for a simple haunting. If its something nastier try not to taunt it and let us know.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You'll know for sure if you have a ghost when you see one. I've been nose to nose with a ghost before. I've been living with this stuff in my house for 15 years. Your story sounds similar to how mine started out. If it's not violent don't mess with it just leave it alone or ignore it. It's worked for me.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Your house sounds interesting! Well.. if you enjoy that sort of thing. ; )

I've been interested in this sort of thing since I was young. My parents bought a ridiculously inexpensive house, and were told it was haunted. They thought that was ridiculous, but within 3 months, they sold it and we moved out. Many unexplained and alarming occurrences made me a believer, and as I grew older, I wanted to know more about it. I'll watch this thread.. see if anything else occurs in your home. Good luck! Don't be too alarmed.. I think people get overly frightened of this sort of thing.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Go to the courthouse and see who has owned or possibly lived there. Then take the names and pop them into a search to see if a violent crime was committed in the house.

The sound I heard in your video sounded like someone grabbing a closed door and shaking it?

Good luck! I would be freaking the hell out......

This. You have my sympathies for experiencing something like that. I couldnt imagine how I would handle it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The whistle sounds a little like a hymn? Oh dear, I listened to it too many times. In my head now. Crap.

Good thread.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The panting at the end of the noise, sounds like a Hell Hound.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

You know you always hear of creepy stories where there is some homeless person living in an attic or crawl space, you don't have any way for someone to get into the house that you don't know about?

Great thread by the way!

Or maybe they have a "squirrel" or some other interloper, like a rat living in the walls?
(occasionally steps outside to get some air, and because they are small and fast, the cam doesn't catch them?)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To me the tune sounds like "Angelina Baker." At least it has a distinct Stephen Foster sound to my ears, so maybe one of his compositions other than Angelina Baker.

youtu.be...

ETA: The whistling and Angela Baker are also both similar to the Dinah song (I've been work in' on the railroad).
edit on 28-5-2016 by MoreInterior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

First off, stop giving whatever it is attention. That means don't film it--don't encourage it in any way. It could be something about the land. Go look that up and leave it at that. Don't continue these recordings and investigations because you're giving it power. Since you don't know what it is or its intentions, I caution you not to play with fire. You have children--and children can be very vulnerable to things like this. Please exercise discernment and stop feeding into whatever this is.

That means you have to stop trying to talk to whatever is in your house. Please. It's not going to end well. I don't know what your beliefs are or if you believe in Jesus. If so, great, then you already know what to do. If not, then especially be careful because I think that the biggest likelihood is that whatever it is is after your kids. I apologize for being so frank. I am not unfamiliar with these things.

I understand how easy it is to want to discuss these things, but please stop getting carried away. In the whistle video, I grew concerned over the way you and your husband were discussing the events. I understand that you might not understand what I mean by that, but it relates exactly to what I said above. Think of your children. They are not safe if you continue to do what you're doing by stirring things up. You need to ignore whatever it is--don't give it power over you or your family in any way. Ask your children if they've noticed anything weird, and hopefully it will turn out that my fears are unfounded. Regardless, it isn't smart to mess with these things. I hope you believe me. I wish you and yours the very best.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

First off, stop giving whatever it is attention. That means don't film it--don't encourage it in any way. It could be something about the land. Go look that up and leave it at that. Don't continue these recordings and investigations because you're giving it power. Since you don't know what it is or its intentions, I caution you not to play with fire. You have children--and children can be very vulnerable to things like this. Please exercise discernment and stop feeding into whatever this is.

That means you have to stop trying to talk to whatever is in your house. Please. It's not going to end well. I don't know what your beliefs are or if you believe in Jesus. If so, great, then you already know what to do. If not, then especially be careful because I think that the biggest likelihood is that whatever it is is after your kids. I apologize for being so frank. I am not unfamiliar with these things.

I understand how easy it is to want to discuss these things, but please stop getting carried away. In the whistle video, I grew concerned over the way you and your husband were discussing the events. I understand that you might not understand what I mean by that, but it relates exactly to what I said above. Think of your children. They are not safe if you continue to do what you're doing by stirring things up. You need to ignore whatever it is--don't give it power over you or your family in any way. Ask your children if they've noticed anything weird, and hopefully it will turn out that my fears are unfounded. Regardless, it isn't smart to mess with these things. I hope you believe me. I wish you and yours the very best.

You mean well, but that was bossy and frankly kind of rude for you to instruct the OP not to even talk about this. You say there's something coming after her children, then tell her she's the one getting carried away? Read through the thread - many people here have exerience with hauntings. Saying "I'm not unfamiliar with these things" doesn't exactly make you the authority. Sorry if that came off mean, but this actually is a place to discuss this type of topic.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
hi squirlli

good luck with your new house and adventure. i've just read through the thread and also had a look at the material you've posted. ockhams razor stops working for after the whistle which reminded me of some italian waltz

or on a lesser note the second waltz by dmitri shostakovich

here the links to the videos, should they not work (they don't seem to in the preview)

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Cool thread.

I see from the pic that your address is 1617. I grew up in a house with the very same street number. Oddly enough, our 1617 house and the house next to it were much older than all the other houses in the neighborhood and there were rumors about our house that the neighbors had heard, and sure enough, there were a few strange noises and occurrences when we first moved in.

We simply ignored them, as many have already suggested. And they did indeed stop. I lived in that house until I graduated high school. My dad still lives there to this day, and nobody has heard or seen anything out of the ordinary in decades.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, very interesting. Do you want the entity gone? Until I retired, I moved to hundreds of homes renting. I ran across many homes already occupied. I vocally talked to them and asked with authority to leave or retire, that I did not like being startled. I was never bothered by again after that. If I had come across an evil entity, I would have left.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sounds like a critter in the walls. Could be a rat, could be a racoon.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jamsession

Thank you so much, I will be sitting down and comparing them later when I have more peace and quiet in the house

I wonder if the clip is loud enough that I can Shazam the tune and see if it can tell me what it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join