It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Cradle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hello,

I recently, well in the past year, bought an over-sized old old cradle. A really big one that they used to use 100 yrs ago and made it the baby's bed till they were like 2 yrs old. These cradles are no longer made today bc cribs were invented, not many people really even use cradles anymore except for children playing with their dolls. I was seeking this cradle out, I knew they existed and could probably buy one online or at an antique store for about $100. I found one finally. It was in the half off section of this antique store that I frequent. I bought it for $50. My plan was to take it home, clean it out, paint it like a lady bug for my daughter to keep all of stuffed animals in.

I was home by myself and my dog, time to clean out this cradle. I flipped it over to clean the bottom and it touched the floor lamp and the lamp burned out. It was no big deal, I just turned on the over-head light and finished. A fleeting thought did pass my mind of "Wow, your a strong lil energy to put out that light" - whatever. I think very historically and was thinking about all the babies of the past that laid their sweet heads down to rest in that cradle. Ok, when Im writing about this it comes back to me...I thought about a baby dying in the cradle and how tragic it was - a fleeting thought. I think about historic/what could have been stories on all the old things I buy, I love antiques and love their story more if I can obtain it.

Anyways, proud of my new buy, I take pictures of it, I LOVE it. I love it so much that I think about taking pictures with the flash and the lights off (heck, it already burned out 1 light). I was trying to be very artistic, not trying to find a ghost.

In the first pics I noticed swirling light shards, reminded me of saw dust. I kept taking pics. I could not see this with my visible eye, just in the pics so I kepts taking them, I knew it was not anything normal. I was not scared but intrigued. This could be my first ghost encounter. The last pic I took has a clear mark of a child in the cradle anybody can make it out.

Now will someone tell me how to post pics please bc I would like your input.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good creepy story to share on Halloween - thanks!!

If there is any supernatural reality to your experience, I'll give you my non-expert opinion. I do not believe babies and children can haunt - be trapped in limbo here on earth. They are innocent souls and I believe God takes special care of them, getting them to "the other side". I do believe that demonic forces can mimic children, however. So, to me, ghost children are especially terrifying because I do not believe they are what they appear to be.

This assumes an intelligent haunting. It could also just be residual energy, no real spirit there.

All of this assumes ghosts and residual haunting are even possible.
I haven't seen definitive proof or had a personal experience to say either way. Like I said, I'm no expert on the matter!

I'd love to see your pictures. You have to upload them to your account here in order to post them. Sounds like a cute project.

Has your child had any particular reaction to the cradle? Children are said to be more open and sensitive to the spirit world.

If you get negative feelings from this cradle, get rid of it. If not, enjoy your spooky addition!
edit on 31-10-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

yeah I guess its holloween, lol, not why I posted it tho.
I actually immediately took it out of my house and put it in my mom's garage. It was in there for a few months, I felt bad the whole time bc that just puts the suspect energy in her house but I don't have a garage and I didn't want it near my child. I never told my mom why. I also wanted to think about keeping it even though it had energies. See, my neighbor is a psychic medium and I wanted her to read it (she saw a pic and knew his name - Herbert), but also didn't feel like putting her thru that.

My take on this is children go straight thru to the reincarnation process, unless something is holding them back. A not nice something. So yes, they can be here and its very very very sad if they are.

Just last week I got rid of it, I gave it to a thrift store, left it outside the door. I hope it goes to a good home.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ok, sorry Im new, how do you upload pictures to your own account on here?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You were smart to get it out of your house! I would always err on the side of caution, especially when kids could be exposed to something negative.

Did your mom feel/sense/see anything when it was in her garage? I'm curious especially since she didn't know of the suspected spirit attachment. Have you told her now that it is sold and out of your lives, or is it a bit ackward to mention at this point ("thanks for storing the demon cradle, mom!")

So did your kiddo ever see it? Or was it taken out of the house before your child ever saw it? Any reaction to it?

Uploading pictures.... In on my phone now and I can never figure out how to do it on the phone. But on a computer I think you go to tools and uploads. It's kind of buried if I remember right. All that might be under "my ats".

Sorry that probably doesn't help! Hopefully someone with better explainin' skills (and on a computer) will be along soon!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!
edit on 31-10-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Go to the down arrow for the drop down menu (between the profile and logout buttons). In the drop down menu click the cloud shaped icon with an arrow in it. That's the upload icon. It'll take you to the upload page. You'll see the same upload icon on the upper left. Click it. A box will appear, presenting you with a choice of "Select files" and "Upload". Click Select files. A box will appear showing your pics. Choose the one you want. Click upload. After that's completed click on your newly uploaded pic. It will enlarge and you'll see codes below it. You'll want the top code, just below the pic. Highlight the entire code ( it will be something like
). Okay, once you highlight the code right click and hit copy. It's now ready to paste in a post. If you have any trouble let me know. Note: This is for PC. I'm not sure how to do it with a phone or tablet.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Yes a bit awkward to explain that I pawned the demon cradle on her. Yes, it was stored in the house for a cpl weeks before I cleaned it, nothing weird to note. My daughter saw it, we were going to paint it together. She was so excited and I felt bad that I had to tell her we couldn't paint it, she was 3. I forgot how I told her but it was just like "no not that one, maybe another one later".

Something odd to note tho - when I was picking up the ghost cradle to take to the thrift store a cpl days ago, there was a loud fly buzzing around me and all I could think was... ah look, the evil guy could only get a fly to jump in. I was being playful when thinking this. OK, so maybe that isn't really anything to note, but the buzzing was so loud and constant.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As it seems objects are, sometimes, connected with the coherent energy we likely are at a meta level, or ghosts, I wonder why antique and second hand stores exist at all... it's probably safer to buy something ugly, flimsy and new because of the off chance the lovely, used object harbors some dark malignancy.

At the least, each widget should have a short testimony regarding the former owner, assuring the new owner that the previous one wasn't a mass murderer, evil warlock, scheming psychotic, or some other precursor to a curse!

Lovely crib, though I wouldn't place any offspring in the same room as that hunk of wood steeped in dark, paranormal energies... heh, and I'm only 65% joking.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Not all antiques come with residual energies and if they do, 99% of humans are oblivious to it so it doesn't matter. I would have never caught this if I didn't take pics in the dark with flash.

What do people see? I posted this on a fb ghost board and people freaked out and saw all sorts of things.

2nd and 3rd pic are the same, sorry

edit on 31-10-2015 by veracity because: to write 2nd and 3rd pic are the sam, sorry

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I feel bad for your mom. I would dump it. There is no way id buy old furniture. I was worse when I was younger but I think things attach. At least based on all the tv shows. From rings to houses. Most want to get a message out but even as an honor it's incredibly stressful.

a reply to: veracity

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I don't see anything except the cradle looking fainter towards the top-left on the last picture, is that part of the wood?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwsmith
I don't see anything except the cradle looking fainter towards the top-left on the last picture, is that part of the wood?

Same here.

I've tried really hard to see something that might be a child, but I'm coming up with nothing. Just that white thing circled above.

There are a lot of (what I guess are) compression artifacts. This might be obscuring what is more obvious in the original. Do you have a higher resolution picture of the last shot you can upload? Or can you point out exactly where you see what you believe is a child?

edit on 1-11-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What is circled is the child, it is not a spot on the wood for you can see in the other pics it is not there. It is his head/shoulders and he is sitting in the cradle, some people have said they can even see his leg.

Also, can anyone explain the swirling light shards? And why they all disappeared when the "child" appeared?

Also, my dog was there. When he came into the room, in the pics I took the light shards disappeared almost. I took about 10 pics, I was not scared but intrigued. Nothing much scares me these days. Was he scared of the dog?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

yes I have dumped it since. I feel bad as well. Every time she got sick I couldn't help but feel responsible. It was there for a few months.

I also feel bad for the child and feel bad for dumping it. I wish I could have helped Herbert (apparently that's his name) but Im positive it was much deeper than helping a child find his door to move on.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok, I can see that now that you have described it. And, yes the white area isn't in previous pictures - anyone have ideas for what would cause that (other than a ghost, I mean)? I find it compelling.

Anyone with skills want to take a crack at adjusting the picture to bring out details?

You know....*enhance*

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Seriously, that would have made perfectly good firewood.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, until I pictured a demon being set free from cradle and put into ME!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
anyone else wanna look at a ghost cradle? PLease tell me your thoughts

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
hi veracity,

the thread is relatively old, but i came over to check because i took your post in sqirrly's thread as an invitation.

i'd like to brainstorm about a common belief in the society i live in (i'm from turkey) on a legal concept. many people around here where i live believe in dark energy as a notion that manifests itself through envy, just like sending bad karma someone's way. they even own the blue beads which they believe would protect them from the evil gaze of sinister people, esp. if they bought a new house or car, or even had a baby recently. they often attribute to the evil intention and dark energy of jealous relatives, neighbors, etc. when theit car gets defect or something is broken, or the kid gets ill.

this is the commonly available form though they come in a variety of shapes and designs. examples are here. they can be worn as jewelry as well. every single family, or even individual, has these beads in their possession in one form or another, it is a tradition so to speak.

anyway i' will cut the chase. until recently, turkey had a debt act in place, which thankfully, was modified, and many provisions that were very harsh on debtors, have been amended so as to make it harder for creditors to seize property in exchange for the owed amounts that the debtors were unable to settle. but before that, seized property would be retained by trustees until they were sold at auctions for ridiculous amounts. now this is where things would get interesting. usually, people who went bankrupt or were plain broke, and who lost their property to legal seizure are believed to pass their frustration and all negative feelings generated by their suffering, to their property, be it electronics (they were highly sought by vultures because prices were really lower than the actual market) such as LED/LCD TVs, notebooks, smartphones, cars, newly bought fancy furniture which the instalments had failed, or a house, which the mortgage loan went haywire because the dude has lost his job. i've heard many accounts of people who bought such merchandise and whose bad luck was attributed to that specific item.

this, i believe, could be sheer energy. some items are believed to bring good luck (perhaps the previous owner had a great time with them, or he was a nice dude/lass all around), while others bad luck because of the negative energy. antique stuff is more prone to bad energy imo, because of the large number of owners it had in the past, and mixed energies accumulated over many years could be at play.

i'm glad you got rid of that cradle btw. else, it would keep distracting you even if it was simply a piece of wood.
edit on 13-6-2016 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join