It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Who is "we" ?

link   
Fire her for being a nut job and sterilise him for being such a ponce that he got pushed around like that. Don't want those genes getting passed along.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
If those things annoy you, why choose to censor yourself? That doesn't sound much like freedom.

Boy I wish I could assault black people and tell them to pull up their God damn pants.......

But I'm not black so I actually have to FOLLOW the laws of society.
edit on 29-3-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
He needs to man up, and she needs to grow up..

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

I'm not sure what happened in the moments before the video recording began.... but it looks like they exchanged words and he tried to walk away and continued to do so even after she tried to keep him there. I'm not sure what more you want from him.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why should it not be pointed out or discussed? Or should only white on black racism be discussed? Discussing a problem does not Cause the problem-the problem is already present.May as well be fair and discuss racism from All ethnic groups towards other ethnic groups-or there should be crickets re All racism.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Maybe it was the overexaggerated gesticulation that screamed middle class and the "yo yo" crap that annoyed her. Have your hair however you want but don't expect to walk around as some kind of patronising living caricature and not have people think you're a moron. Especially at a university.

If you white people are happy to claim this guy then go ahead. Personally my white side is more than a little embarrassed by it.

Behaviorally, they reversed stereotypical racial roles. He was behaving like a displaced ghetto punk with the "yo yo" chicken walk and gesticulation and she spoke clearly. Maybe he thought that persona made him look cool on campus and he was trying it out. Had he taken the caricature further, he could have asked her to be his "hoe" or "baby mama."

He was undamaged and I hope her misplaced sense of "culture" doesn't cost her her job.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Yes they're getting away with petty crime so much that prison is almost exclusively white.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: svetlana84

Sigh!!.do you think that walking up to a perfect stranger and accosting him over hair style is what sane blk folks do???..even if she thought it was wrong or weird most sane folks I know would just letem be

No i don't think that this is what sane people do (no matter what skin color they wear).

That's exactly what disturbs me; She acts like this while at campus where she is emplyoed and sees nothing wrong with her actions.

Even if we completely erase the race part -for instance a white person attacking another white person over hair style while on the job- it's completely unprofessional behaviour or shall I call it "professional appropation"?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

And if he Did "man up" and shouted at her to piss off and stop being such an idiot? Or god forbid shoved her away from him??

HE would have been publicly crucified for being a violent racist.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That bitch needs to be fired as she's both a racist and a hypocrite of the highest order.
She has no right to tell someone how they should or should not alter their hair. It's plain stupid and should be common knowledge, especially since dreadlocks aren't even exclusive to 1 culture.

Even better, in addition to be a racist, she is also a bigot. It's as if she's ignoring she's the one causing the problem and harassing the poor guy. He just tried to go on about his day, but this crazy bitch just jumped on him.

In short he should file a harassment charge and sue the school so that they fire her.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

After reading some responses from some websites (not conservative) just know that a lot people are not in agreement with her actions...I can't say all the responses were from African Americans but people chimed and that makes me feel a lot better that this seems to be recognized as inappropriate to the average joe or jane..I don't care what the media puts out because it's meant to stir the pot..I get the feeling from some pictures attached to the posts that they were from African Americans...I guess I'm just trying to diffuse the divide that will come from this post...

Link

edit on 29-3-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

After seeing her behaviour; would you employ her?

I ask because i am on the fence about it; there have been some cases where people lost their jobs because of silly remarks
in private.

For instance the case where two IT guys made sexual jokes about USB-dongles at a private conference. A feminist heard the jokes, was offended and tweeted it. End Result; the two IT guys lost their job, the woman as well (for snitching).

I thought that was too harsh in all three cases, i think private conversations should not have influence on the job.

But in this case the woman works at the Uni, so she represents the University and now the whole thing goes viral with the name of the University. And normally they have code of conducts which are strict on sexism/racism.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Interesting. They just can't leave whitey alone, can they? Gotta get into his face, lay hands on him and then accuse him of assault. And all to insure what? Guess her underlying message is that the presence of whitey on campus is a micro-aggression in and of itself.

Crap like this really pisses me off!

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Are black people that have their hair straightened guilty of the same offense?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why should it not be pointed out or discussed? Or should only white on black racism be discussed? Discussing a problem does not Cause the problem-the problem is already present.May as well be fair and discuss racism from All ethnic groups towards other ethnic groups-or there should be crickets re All racism.

What purpose does a short video like this serve? That there are people with black skin who are as stupid as some people with white skin can be? We get that, at least I do. But I think that to rely on a little video like this to prove something we already know smacks of something other than racial enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I understand what you mean about people getting fired for sometimes questionable reasons. In this case, I don't know anything beyond the video. I don't know what their code of conduct is (although I'm sure this goes against it). If this truly is an isolated incident, I would think that a warning, a note in her file and perhaps even an unpaid suspension might do the trick.

I would also note that if her employer does nothing at all, they are not doing this woman any service. If that is her attitude and that is the way she carries herself, she will ultimately find herself in a heap-load of trouble at some point.

Back to people getting in trouble for lame reasons.... Remember THIS GUY from the Rosetta space mission. He was part of the team that landed a vehicle on a friggen comet and all he got was heat for a shirt that he was wearing that had some scantily clad women on it.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

She laid hands on him, thats a no go for me, if she was holding me like that I would drag her with me at least!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh on a previous note, the manerisms look fake as hell...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

There's no diffusing this divide as long as one side refuses to leave the other alone; as long as one side feels empowered to get up in people's faces and make bogus assertions.

This keeps up and I assure you, it isn't going to end well!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join