It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Maybe it was the overexaggerated gesticulation that screamed middle class and the "yo yo" crap that annoyed her. Have your hair however you want but don't expect to walk around as some kind of patronising living caricature and not have people think you're a moron. Especially at a university.

If you white people are happy to claim this guy then go ahead. Personally my white side is more than a little embarrassed by it.

I thought similar, and chuckled at the use of the word assault, I would have loved the assaults I've dealt with in my life to be as severe as that guy's.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe I'm completely insane, but I swear based on her body language and smirk I think she actually liked the guy. Sort of how a third grader with a crush on a girl may chase her around the school yard with a bug or something.

Did anybody else sense that?

Anyway, guess I'll copy/paste something I wrote a few minutes ago in another thread... which is....

"My four year old son knows darn well that outside of giving his friends a high-five, shaking someone's hand (or maybe while playing duck-duck-goose or tag) he is ALWAYS to keep his hands to himself. No excuses. No hitting. No pushing. No grabbing. No NOTHING."

Final two cents, if I'm wrong and this woman wasn't trying to be provocative for the sake of being provocative, then she really is a completely idiotic racist.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

He was literally pulled by this girl and detained by her against his will. the camera man did good by filming this and it should be taken to the school admin to see if this employee has committed a crime.

But it seemed like the other black guy with her was also in on it though he did not comment.

Can anyone say "reverse racism"?

could you imagine if a white student went up to a black student and said you can't wear blue jeans they are part of White culture. You need to wear a grass skirt and go topless like native Africans did.
edit on 29-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Maybe it was the overexaggerated gesticulation that screamed middle class and the "yo yo" crap that annoyed her. Have your hair however you want but don't expect to walk around as some kind of patronising living caricature and not have people think you're a moron. Especially at a university.

If you white people are happy to claim this guy then go ahead. Personally my white side is more than a little embarrassed by it.

I thought similar, and chuckled at the use of the word assault, I would have loved the assaults I've dealt with in my life to be as severe as that guy's.

Seriously, he's not a Trump campaign manager. Calling this assault is a stretch

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why do people get so upset when someone emulates "their culture"? If someone started dressing the way I do, and acting the way I do, I would take it as a compliment.

People and their playing the victim about everything because of some first world problems makes me shake my head...

I just had a thought! I wonder if I can start an organization about people being offended, offending me! I bet I could get a lot of people to join! Someone is saying something offends them when clearly they just want to be viewed as righteous and correct? If that offends you, send $29.95 to [email protected].

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

He was literally pulled by this girl and detained by her against his will. the camera man did good by filming this and it should be taken to the school admin to see if this employee has committed a crime.

But it seemed like the other black guy with her was also in on it though he did not comment.

Can anyone say "reverse racism"?

could you imagine if a white student went up to a black student and said you can't wear blue jeans they are part of White culture. You need to wear a grass skirt and go topless like native Africans did.

Reverse racism does not exist. Call it as it is, racism. Telling someone you cannot do something because of their colour. I bet she wouldn't have liked to live in the 50s. People like this give everyone a bad name.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

I imagine in the strictest and technical legal interpretation it would fly for common assault, but that really is as far as I'd go. Handbags at dawn is all, I really would be ashamed if that guy had been my son right now.

Lol, I'd be really embarrassed, my mates would rip me!
I almost grieve for the sensitive next generation if this film is an example of things to come.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And yet women are out there actually buying other peoples hair and weaving it on their head. And they aren't doing it because it's similar to their own hair. So...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: EightTF3

I imagine in the strictest and technical legal interpretation it would fly for common assault, but that really is as far as I'd go. Handbags at dawn is all, I really would be ashamed if that guy had been my son right now.

Lol, I'd be really embarrassed, my mates would rip me!
I almost grieve for the sensitive next generation if this film is an example of things to come.

It definitely doesn't look like any assault I've ever seen haha. It's quite sad really that this is seen as some massive injustice and there's mock tears over the trauma of this poor guy. Dread to think how any kid is gonna survive the playground 20 years from now without a bubblewrap uniform and a counsellor.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
At any rate, even though I disagree with the woman's point of view, I still think the guy is a fashion disaster.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Good one on the term "assault" I was not sure about the word either.

according to Wiki:

Assault in many US jurisdictions[which?] and Scotland is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in England and Wales and in most[citation needed] other common law jurisdictions in the world, this is defined instead as battery.

Here we have "intentional physical contact with another person without their consent".

I agree it was not overly violent, no blood no injuries but still way overstepped.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Such a shame that we are turning on each other so rapidly...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Abysha

Aside from her essentially assaulting this kid, she's actually not 100% correct about the cultural appropriation part.

No she isn't. What style hair and cloths people wear is not dictated by the color of their skin. Are you going to hold on non-Europeans from "appropriating" our culture? Of course not, this is all about exerting control over people based on their skin color and making them 2nd class citizens.

This is an unfortunate case of a person who is lacking in subject matter expertise combined with a hyper-vigilant personality.

No, this is a case of a racist feeling she can put her hands on and dictate to this white person as she sees as below her about what he wears and how he presents himself based on the fact he's white.

I support most claims of cultural appropriation and believe it is often a very valid complaint but dreadlocks have never belonged to her culture exclusively.

so you're a racist then?

I think you definitely missed some key words in my post. Go back and read it a bit more carefully. You are responding as if I said the opposite of what I did.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Funny to see the people in here saying that this was not assault saying that the journalist shadowing Trump was actually assaulted for very similar arm grabs.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am really disturbed at how she put her hands on him and pulled on him. The guy really showed restraint in not engaging in the physical altercation. She was trying very hard to provoke him.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

I'm on the look-out for that as well.

I copied/pasted my own words from the other thread so I'm good on this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just love the extent to which non racists will go to point out a suspected case of black racism. all the while claiming the moral high ground.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Who cares if it annoys her...there are plenty of cultural specific things that people do that annoy the hell out of me but I keep my mouth shut..this is a semi free country...

So if a man walks around as a women and is clearly looks like a man we have the right to corner them and question them AND lightly grab them to question them?

Not that it matter but she is really cute...
edit on 29-3-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Who cares if it annoys her...there are plenty of cultural specific things that people do that annoy the hell out of me but I keep my mouth shut..this is a semi free country...

So if a man walks around as a women and is clearly looks like a man we have the right to corner them and question them AND lightly grab them to question them?

I never said she wasn't a dick. I dunno where all these assumptions are coming from about what I think of black people who act white or some incident that a Trump guy had that I've never seen and now tranny bothering. It would be a bit more reasonable to assume that if I said it I meant it and if I didn't....I probably don't?

If those things annoy you, why choose to censor yourself? That doesn't sound much like freedom.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Sigh!!..Ok all those who believe that woman don't have other issues going on in her personal life say aye!!!..yes she is sounding racist or racial but do you think that walking up to a perfect stranger and accosting him over hair style is what sane blk folks do???..even if she thought it was wrong or weird most sane folks I know would just letem be, then there is the fact that locs is so universal right now it no longer a thing, and haven't been so for at least 20yrs, culture is shared and that includes styles example..Rasta started as a back to Africa movement mentally or physically as rebellion against Babylon system of downpression , because there no were dogma attached other folks could identify with it as an alternative way of living..Late Emperor Haile Selassie gave over a piece of land in Shashamane Ethiopia as a right of return still going strong today but what happen?? the Rastas while Afrocentric were never chauvinistic as long as one was willing to forgo Babylon system which in their term meant downpresser who could be in the form of a Black man or a White man..

Now the Rastas who as I said could just as easily barred non Blacks from joining them but all are given a place among them if they are sincere, and unlike the Babylon lady posted above that cannot see beyond the outer coating and thus made an ass out of herself.. they would say this..

edit on 29-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join