It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
If those things annoy you, why choose to censor yourself? That doesn't sound much like freedom.

Boy I wish I could assault black people and tell them to pull up their God damn pants.......

But I'm not black so I actually have to FOLLOW the laws of society.

Which Black ppl do you wished to assult?? these guys or

The guy on the right??

Maybe these two inappropriate saggy pants Blacks above??

One cannot mistake this urban white youngster right here for a saggy bottomed black who deserved to be assaulted..

edit on 29-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
I understand what you mean about people getting fired for sometimes questionable reasons. In this case, I don't know anything beyond the video. I don't know what their code of conduct is (although I'm sure this goes against it). If this truly is an isolated incident, I would think that a warning, a note in her file and perhaps even an unpaid suspension might do the trick.

Ooooo....did I hear 'sensitivity training time?'

I think I did...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Absolutely NOT! I made sure that didn't get slipped in by accident. I think of my suggestions, the unpaid suspension would be by far the biggest encouragement for her to change her ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

That's a well formulated answer!

I also took some time to ponder about what i would do if id be her boss.

I think i would also first check the code of conduct.
Then ask her what her side of the story is (maybe there was something happening before the vid).
Then I would ask that she apologises to the guy and give her a warning: Next incident you are out.

If she would not apologise or behave uncooparative - fire her.

In the mean time i did some more research, she lists several jobs, two of them Uni related
Associated Students Inc. SFSU
Women's Center (SFSU)

I don't really know if these organisations are official University Jobs, or it's more like "i did some videos for a student association to put it in my CV.

Anyways the real funny/bigot thing is; she produced a video called "the things we carry" the gist is how hard it is to grow up as a black woman in the US.

One line in the video (around 1:35 mark) "I don^t want her to wake up and think brown skin or CURLY HAIR is wrong."

Can't make this stuff up:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
One line in the video (around 1:35 mark) "I don^t want her to wake up and think brown skin or CURLY HAIR is wrong."

Yeah, that annoys me. Clearly, she doesn't think that so why would she think this kid might think that?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
At best, she is ignorant. At worst, she's a racist.

Fire her immediately.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: pteridine

After seeing her behaviour; would you employ her?

I ask because i am on the fence about it; there have been some cases where people lost their jobs because of silly remarks
in private.

For instance the case where two IT guys made sexual jokes about USB-dongles at a private conference. A feminist heard the jokes, was offended and tweeted it. End Result; the two IT guys lost their job, the woman as well (for snitching).

I thought that was too harsh in all three cases, i think private conversations should not have influence on the job.

But in this case the woman works at the Uni, so she represents the University and now the whole thing goes viral with the name of the University. And normally they have code of conducts which are strict on sexism/racism.

She is young and stupid when it comes to this. All the #BLM activity has brought forth a new generation of activists and sometimes they get caught up in their own importance. They believe too much of what they have been told and don't realize that some of their antics are counterproductive. Would I hire her as a videographer? I don't know; I don't have any need for a videographer and have no way of judging her abilities. If I did, she would certainly go through an extensive training program of all the company courses of how to behave.
She may well lose her job and have a difficult time finding another unless she happens on a like minded boss. I expect she will be underpaid as she will be carrying the baggage of national exposure and possibly an assault charge. If "yo yo" has any sense, he'll not press assault charges and say that it was public theater....which it may well be, given the fortuitous video.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It is California
Racist - check
Should she be fired - check

This only works in the real world , The left coast is not the real world. She will be hailed as a conquering hero.

I live in California, it's real all right, the only things that are unreal, are your overly generalized assumptions.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Update: SF State has provided a statement regarding the video:

“We are aware of the video made of an incident which occurred on campus yesterday afternoon. University police were called to the scene of the incident when it occurred. The two individuals involved in the incident are not San Francisco State University employees. Further, no criminal charges have been pressed at this time to the University’s knowledge.

San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech, but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others. We are taking the matter seriously and will promptly and thoroughly investigate this incident through applicable University channels, including our campus student conduct procedures.”

Plus Goldstein (the dreadlock guy) said in a public Facebook post that he won’t be pressing charges against the woman in the video but he did file a campus police report against her.

Source

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Gothmog
It is California
Racist - check
Should she be fired - check

This only works in the real world , The left coast is not the real world. She will be hailed as a conquering hero.

I live in California, it's real all right, the only things that are unreal, are your overly generalized assumptions.

Not assumptions . Observations. Logic. Question , if you dont mind. Were you born there or did you move from another state ? Or country ?
Peace
edit on 2201631020320162 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: SprocketUK

And if he Did "man up" and shouted at her to piss off and stop being such an idiot? Or god forbid shoved her away from him??

HE would have been publicly crucified for being a violent racist.

Doesn't mean he'd have been wrong though...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You're cute, but your profile says you are from "Hotlanta." Is that in Georgia?

You have no business slamming California for anything. Georgia is the 11th most dependent state on Federal dollars, and California is the 46th.

That means you take more from the government than you pay in taxes.

Welfare states don't get to make wild accusations about California being in the "real world." Your whole house of cards would collapse entirely without donor states like California who subsidize your lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

You're cute, but your profile says you are from "Hotlanta." Is that in Georgia?

You have no business slamming California for anything. Georgia is the 11th most dependent state on Federal dollars, and California is the 46th.

That means you take more from the government than you pay in taxes.

Welfare states don't get to make wild accusations about California being in the "real world." Your whole house of cards would collapse entirely without donor states like California who subsidize your lifestyle.

Like HADES I cant knock another state in the United States....And here is a fact for you...research how many Californians move to Georgia ....
And dang skippy I am in Georgia. Some folks can only wish upon a star

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Wow, somebody actually involved the police in it. This story just gets more depressing as it unfolds.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Black campus employee assaults student for "culture appropriation" at SFSU

Political Correctness does not allow racism to be more than a one-way street... which is unfortunate because it exists at every level, with every ethnicity.

It is something that, I hope, we outgrow and evolve beyond because failing that, the only word to be applied, is 'hypocrisy'.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wow, somebody actually involved the police in it. This story just gets more depressing as it unfolds.

I know, it's comedy gold!
My local police would laugh him out of town if it didn't annoy them that he'd wasted their time on such a lame complaint, lol.
This surely cannot be indicative of average US youth...can it?!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I live in Cali and have lived here my whole life. Your generalizations about Cali and the people here just show how little you know about, well basically anything. The fact that you do so while living in Georgia just makes it even funnier.

Your quick, myopic and incorrect opinions of another state mean nothing and should probably just be kept to yourself. Speaking them aloud just makes you seem that much more ignorant of, well basically everything.

People here are no different than anywhere else. There's both good and bad anywhere you go. But I'll tell ya what, you hate Cali so much, fine, don't come here. We won't miss you not visiting, believe me.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it is mandatory as soon as physical contact is made.

And, that doesn't mean either of the parties involved made that decision. That could have been a unilateral decision y the university after the video went viral.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I live in Cali and have lived here my whole life. Your generalizations about Cali and the people here just show how little you know about, well basically anything. The fact that you do so while living in Georgia just makes it even funnier.

Your quick, myopic and incorrect opinions of another state mean nothing and should probably just be kept to yourself. Speaking them aloud just makes you seem that much more ignorant of, well basically everything.

People here are no different than anywhere else. There's both good and bad anywhere you go. But I'll tell ya what, you hate Cali so much, fine, don't come here. We won't miss you not visiting, believe me.

Thanks and me too. Born and bred. Tired of the ignorant attacks on CA.

Should we call everyone from the south an ignorant hillbilly on welfare. Hey, check the official stats on education and public assistance.

CA is extremely diverse. While there are high concentration areas (major cities on the coast) where people tend to be more liberal, CA is largely agricultural -- and those areas tend to be more conservative.

It's really about 50/50 -- as most states seem to be today. Depending on the issue.

edit on 29-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Not real police but campus police.

But yeah. Personally i would not have done that.
I guess the viral s-storm will be enough punishment for the woman.

47sec of stupidity on tape - and there goes the job chances.

I am glad that back in my university days were no cameras around. :-)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join