It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: onequestion

Don't you dare compare the Bundy's to George Washington and our founder fathers!

The founding fathers had control of the court system. That is why the Red Coats were employed.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Washington did NOT sign the Declaration of Independence,

Here we go with the picking apart of details in order to sound intelligent rather than addres the bigger idea present in the post.

Pedantic.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I agree. These people are not "freedom fighters". They're not there to "fight for your rights", They're there to fight for the Bundy family who want to all the rewards without any of the effort that normal people have to do.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

They also broke the law and should have been put in prison.

They should have have just peacefully assembled but they had to go ahead and fight a revolution.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

The government murdered JFK, subsequently RFK, have murdered to cover up MK-ULTRA, contemplated Operation Northwoods, infected non-consenting African Americans with diseases, lied about the Golf of Tonkin, had prior knowledge to Pearl Harbour, have ties to the Nazi regime, recruited Nazi scientists and gave them amnesty under Operation Paperclip, have dosed non-consenting citizens with psychedelic drugs, played some sort of role in 9/11, enacted such legislation such as NDAA and the Patriot Act, engage in domestic surveillance and spying, collect all forms of meta-data, etc etc etc

My friend, the Federal government has been an enemy to the American public for decades, if not longer. The tune of "government tyranny," flies over most people's head, but it existed before I was even born into this world. To fight against this tyranny, I wouldn't know where to begin. As I've expressed, I've done to the best that I can. These clowns? Stealing cars that aren't theirs, while intoxicated? Talking about not coming back home, they gotta do what they gotta do? I'm just calling it for what it is, this is hardly protesting "government tyranny."

That actually involves doing something as opposed to staging a coup on a wildlife sanctuary in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

I keep hearing that same line of BS but the bundys ranch is in Nevada and they were protesting in Oregon.

I'm tired of hearing that when there's no evidence to support it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm sure there were plenty of people using drugs at OWS

Does that make you a drug addict?

I've never been to New York aside from once when I was a baby years ago.

What?
edit on 26-1-2016 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You know, if you had a major problem with the Feebs or BLM and you didn't give a rat's patoot about the Bundy situation, you could make hay right now.

It's basically open season on people on either side, and no-one would look any farther than the obvious.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I agree we gotta keep an eye on the government, It's done some pretty awful things, but I think it detracts from the ACTUAL awful things that should be focused on (such as the prevoius points you'd mentioned) when we're staging armed defiance because of goddamn grazing rights.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Our definitions of doing something must be different.

An armed protest in an area clear of civilians for public safety is how I view it.

Funny how that works isn't it?

I mean obviously the OWS protest were so effective.

We should start a bloody war zone in the middle of a populated city right?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Washington did NOT sign the Declaration of Independence,

Here we go with the picking apart of details in order to sound intelligent rather than addres the bigger idea present in the post.

Pedantic.

No, not pedantic. Just pointing out how you like make things up that sound good to your own very opinionated view of history.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You know, if you had a major problem with the Feebs or BLM and you didn't give a rat's patoot about the Bundy situation, you could make hay right now.

Yes. That would be exactly what the Bundites did, re: the "Hammond situation."

The Bundites got the confrontation they sought. Just not on the terms they wanted. Bad tactics.
edit on 1/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

It's not because of grazing rights that's a fallacy they want you to believe it's because of federal government land grabbing and the obvious corruption of selling the mining and drilling rights to Dick Cheneys company so the Rothchilds can continue to plunder the earths natural resources.

To what end I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Like I said your point out minor details needlessly to take away from the overall idea of the truth.

Why don't you address the idea instead of minor relatively innocuous details?

The name and number could be anything. The are just variables in an equations

The equation itself is what you need to look at.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SloAnPainful
...and there dies the Americans who truly fought for their right and their people... With many others... Freedom has all but been extinguished.

-SAP-

What the crap, melodrama much? Seizing & squatting in federal buildings, going all Grand Theft with federal vehicles, eff me, they're goddamn criminals, no matter how much lipstick you plaster on that pig of a group.

They got what they earned & deserved, ultimately. One will have an eternity to ponder if it was worth it, while the rest have a nice loooooong time topside to do the same.[/quote]

Oh, you mean like the "separatist" Randy Weaver who lost his wife and child to the feds.
Or all those evil children in Waco who were burned alive!
Yeah, death is just exactly what they "earned & deserved" for standing up to a governmental tyranny.
Execution without trial. That's the law of the feds.
Just sit there and hope they don't come for you. Oh, you know that you are safe because you don't break the law.
When will you stand against tyranny of the federal government? What would they have to do to you and yours before you'd get off the couch? Will it be when they order you to get on the train to take you to the "new home" they're going to provide for you? Or have they already provided you with that home?

If sending two men to jail for protecting their lives and property, sending them not just once, but twice, isn't enough to wake you up, you're probably not going to wake up. These men were good citizens, good community members, not criminals until a crazy woman got appointed prosecutor. Of course, she conveniently took off as soon as this boiled up. There are reports she now resides in a hospital for the mentally ill and yet ...nobody on the feds side has moved to right the wrongs she did while holding that office.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I agree with you, those backroom-dealing money grubbing sessions among the 1% need to stop. I'm just suspicious of a group of people let by a family of millionaires that directly profit (IE: getting their free land back) if they get what they want.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

BURNS – Oregon standoff spokesman Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was killed and other leaders of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation were arrested Tuesday after the FBI and state police stopped vehicles about 20 miles north of Burns.

Fiore, a vocal supporter of the Bundy family, said that Ammon Bundy told his wife that Finicum was cooperating with police and had put his hands up. Then, Fiore said, Bundy told his wife that he watched police shoot Finicum three times. She said that Ammon Bundy also said Finicum was on the ground when he was shot.

www.oregonlive.com...-photo

So far it is not mention anywhere that the militia pulled out any guns or even tried to shoot anyone. This is starting to stink.

What I am reading between the lines, is the FBI ambushed the militia on their way to a public meeting.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

I get what your saying but show me 1 statement from the protestors that claim that.

What I'm saying is they are fighting and highlighting a REAL bigger issue that's incredibly important to our national sovereignty.

How much land are we going to let tem take to sell to the highest bidder?

link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Sure, Cow's fertilize the land well, but plants don't grow in well-fertilized areas that have 900 cows wandering around until the cows are gone. So its not like there's a net gain from letting cows graze in an area constantly.

I'm hoping by "The desert tortoise gets its nutrition from cow dung" you actually mean "From the grass the cow's dung helps fertilize" because desert tortoises don't eat cow dung.

Toothless Desert Tortoises eat dung

The toothless tortoise is ill equipped to harvest and masticate range forage. The tortoise can harvest only tender vegetation, and it can't masticate even that. The tortoise can't process enough bulky, low analysis forage fast enough to meet its nutritional requirements (Nagy & Medica 1986). They solved this problem long ago—they allow other animals to do it for them. Desert tortoises feed primarily on dung. The more animals using the range, the more dung, which makes more food available for tortoises. In the millennia preceding the advent of domestic livestock on the range, tortoises subsisted on pellets excreted by rabbits, deer, and bighorn and scats of predators. Tortoise populations adjusted to the amount of dung available; their numbers were low (Mollhausen 1854).
journals.uair.arizona.edu...

link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yes. That would be exactly what the Bundites did, re: the "Hammond situation."

The more effective way would be if, while these two groups were scuffling at the fence like two bulls about to have at it, you tagged the Fed you were after, and as Patton said, let the other poor bastards die for their country instead, while you walked away into the night like an evil Tom Doniphon.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join