It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: RomeByFire

I agree we gotta keep an eye on the government, It's done some pretty awful things, but I think it detracts from the ACTUAL awful things that should be focused on (such as the prevoius points you'd mentioned) when we're staging armed defiance because of goddamn grazing rights.

No offense intended as many on ATS don't fit in this, but from my day to day routine I've realized most Americans truly don't care. I can literally tell them a fact regarding say Tuskegee experiment, and most of them would stare at me as if I'm crazy.

I look at it like this: 84 people have as much wealth as the next 3.3 billion. Does that not sound like the opening line to a sci-fi novel?

How have we let this happen? How does this continue to happen? Why do people believe that voting will help? Why haven't we done anything about this?

But alas, everyone is too busy, too tired, too stressed. Making ends meet, saving some up for vacation, taking care of the kids, car problems, illnesses; we're all too distracted to actually care, and you'd better believe that is by design.

I've met some truly intelligent people in my life, however - and I would undoubtedly say that some sort of revolution is necessary at this point in our current political system.

But, at the end of the day, I've realized most people don't care, and I still have a long life ahead of me - and because of that, I'm seriously considering and planning on moving out of the States. There is too much noise here, advertising, processed/artificial foods, images of "beauty,", idolizing the worst in celebrities, a gangster culture, it's what boils down to the madness of a lost society, and again - this too, has been engineered.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

More like Tom Lauglin(Billy Jack)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

The naysayers position keeps falling apart fast.

I haven't read a single valid position that could effectively change my position.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The more effective way would be if, while these two groups were scuffling at the fence like two bulls about to have at it
Except, that wasn't happening. To the dismay of the Bundites.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Our definitions of doing something must be different.

An armed protest in an area clear of civilians for public safety is how I view it.

Funny how that works isn't it?

I mean obviously the OWS protest were so effective.

We should start a bloody war zone in the middle of a populated city right?

Don't put words in my mouth.

A bloody war zone in the middle of a populated city? Are you high? What kind of person imagines ^*%# like that? Good God, man.

Anyway, as I've stated - I don't know, I'm one guy. People are so dependent on the government, they couldn't imagine an alternative lifestyle or one without it. This statement took a long time to sink in, but chew on it.

If you think I'm advocating a "bloody war zone in a populated city," you're absolutely crazy. There's a thing called peaceful protesting and it's not that difficult - even when the people you're protesting against are everything but peaceful.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
It's true. The Bundys have never owned slaves. grown hemp or smuggled hemp seeds from China.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

That is the only thing I can find on the internet that says that ANY sort of tortoise feeds primarily on dung. I find the concept to be rather unlikely. All I can find says it feeds on grasses and tender plants. If you can find any other article that reliably says they eat cow dung than i'll recant my statement.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Isn't that the definition of a rebel?

Interesting.

What should Americans do when their government turns Tyrannical?

What's "tyrannical"? I believe it's tyrannical to start wars based on lies, to drone strike civilians while calling the murdered civilians "collateral damage", to torture people, to disproportionately targeting citizens of different ethnic groups, to commit voter suppression, to intentionally poison a city with lead in order to save money, and to spend hundreds of billions on the DoD while there are homeless Americans.

So should I start an armed rebellion over it? No, I shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

What's your solution that's what he's sayingZ

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Isn't that the definition of a rebel?

Interesting.

What's "tyrannical"? I believe it's tyrannical to start wars based on lies, to drone strike civilians while calling the murdered civilians "collateral damage", to torture people, to disproportionately targeting citizens of different ethnic groups, to commit voter suppression, to intentionally poison a city with lead in order to save money, and to spend hundreds of billions on the DoD while there are homeless Americans.

If you however change your mind, I'll send you snacks.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Reddit is having a field day with this one. Favorite so far: Calling the Bundy clan "Y'all Qaeda."

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You did not answered my question?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How have we let this happen? How does this continue to happen? Why do people believe that voting will help? Why haven't we done anything about this?

But alas, everyone is too busy, too tired, too stressed. Making ends meet, saving some up for vacation, taking care of the kids, car problems, illnesses; we're all too distracted to actually care, and you'd better believe that is by design.

Being an older person, I stand guilty as charged. Not to mention a lack of available information except MSM in the days before computers

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: jhn7537
I'm hearing from my sources that one is confirmed dead... Trying to make out the name though.. Hopefully this doesn't escalate..

Oh good. All the people who want them killed can be thrilled about this now!

Wanting someone arrested isn't the same thing as wanting someone killed. Also, they're the ones who instigated this entire situation and made a point to let everyone know they were armed and ready to "kill or be killed". Don't try to pretend like they're the victims here. Even the Hammonds didn't want their interference.

I first found out about this situation on ats. And the first response to that op was (and I am paraphrasing here) "a rocket from a predator drone will take care of this". Now if that isn't blood thirsty.... I don't know what is

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sostratus

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: JacKatMtn
man killed was shot 3 times with his hands in the air...

God Bless this real American patriot and his sacrifice, he is a martyr to us all, even in the face of mockery and insults by cowards everywhere. This was a textbook ambush by LEO's with God complex under the direction of Federal dictators with their own God syndromes.

May the wrath of patriots be unleashed upon the enemies of the constitution when they attempt to continue their cowardly executions!

Who the # cares about goddamn endangered tortoises and owls!? Let them go extinct, and I will make soup from whats left. The Federal government needs to cede the land back to the States from which they stole them from. Natives lost, tough #. If they wanted to have a say, they should have resisted until the last man, woman, and child like the Palestinians.

The Feds will make their move on February 07, 2016 when all of America's attention will be diverted on Super Bowl 50. Let them earn their tyranny with sacrifices of their own!
edit on 26-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter

That is the only thing I can find on the internet that says that ANY sort of tortoise feeds primarily on dung. I find the concept to be rather unlikely. All I can find says it feeds on grasses and tender plants. If you can find any other article that reliably says they eat cow dung than i'll recant my statement.

There are no tender plants in the desert. The only conceivable tender plant material in the desert would be new growth which happens one month per year.

Grasses and tender plants in the desert? Saying the Desert Tortoise eats tender plants is like saying Great White Sharks eat swimming deer.

Grazing land has water tanks, hay dumps, wells and somewhat maintained dirt graded roads. The Bundys would have made and paid for those things. The Bundys were doing all of the management of the BLM land.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Haha, perfect... thats just the kinda people I want in charge of the country. "Screw the owls and tortoises." You'd let the world burn as long as you could have a BBQ.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Take your common sense and facts and shove it up your oh wait sorry....

Good point.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Note that the only people who say that Finicum was on the ground when he was shot are Fiore and Bundy. Are they attempting to make a martyr?
"Fiore, a vocal supporter of the Bundy family, said that Ammon Bundy told his wife that Finicum was cooperating with police and had put his hands up. Then, Fiore said, Bundy told his wife that he watched police shoot Finicum three times. She said that Ammon Bundy also said Finicum was on the ground when he was shot."
www.oregonlive.com...-photo

Didn't Finicum say he was ready to die for the cause? "LaVoy Finicum, 55, claimed to have warrants out in his name, but revised that when the on-air interview began. Finicum had a rifle under the tarp and told MSNBC that he would not spend any time in a cell. Asked if he would rather be dead than live in a cell, he answered "absolutely."

Sounds like LaVoy did what he said he'd do.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The more effective way would be if, while these two groups were scuffling at the fence like two bulls about to have at it
Except, that wasn't happening. To the dismay of the Bundites.

I think things are about to escalate. Hopefully not.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join