It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN)Federal authorities arrested Ammon Bundy, the leader of a group of protesters occupying a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon, and several of his followers in a traffic stop Tuesday, a law enforcement official told CNN.

Shots were fired after authorities made the stop, the source said. It's not clear who fired first.

Arrested during a traffic stop? Did these men really think they were free to drive around? Shots fired but unclear who shot first? Well, by my guess and the Bundy's threats I will assume the Bundy's fired first. I'm glad these wanna be patriots have been arrested and I hope the book is thrown at them.

edit on 26-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thank god.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This was not a "protest leader," this was a criminal and thief. I hope they throw the book at him.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I'm certainly interested in finding out who fired first and how bad it was. All in all, it's about damn time. Hopefully the leaderless Jag off's don't think this is 'Just the beginning!".

Fight the fight right. Bunch of a-holes

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

'The local news here in Eugene, has little more than that. THey have pictures of cop cars and ambulance at the local hosipital.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, if they fired first at officers they're in deeper s# than they ever could imagine.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If they fired at all they're in deep doo doo.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Friends I know that are connected to the 3%er movement have said someone named Ryan Payne who I'm assuming was with Bundy is in the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds and that there were 2 casualties.

Also, Pete Santilli has a live stream on YouTube where he's saying Blaine Cooper is up at the refuge wanting to make a stand. Other patriot types tried to go up there to get women and kids out and to tell the folks occupying the place to stand down and not fight it out with the feds, but they were stopped at a checkpoint and couldn't get up there to do so...

This whole thing isn't over and there is major security at the hospital.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yes, it was a traffic stop and now the count is up to 8 arrested on their way to John Day according to KMTR

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He did what he needed/wanted to do.

He exposed the corrupt BLM and Clinton Foundation illegal activities. The word is out.

We will have to wait and see if what he claims he proved is true.....

OR. He will be killed before his trial. They don't want him getting on court record saying what he claims he uncovered.

edit on 1/26/2016 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

someone named Ryan Payne who I'm assuming was with Bundy is in the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds

The question then remains did they fire first or did the police pre-emptively let shots ring out?

And if the militia did fire first will it trickle down to those who still stand at the occupied building.

I think they're right to want to try and get the women and children to safety.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Link to the LiveSteam YouTube Channel.
Guess the Idaho 3% Percenters were right that it was going to escalate to this.
edit on 26-1-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Resisting arrest while armed? Everyone predicted this, the Bundys declared it from day one. They wanted a fire fight and they got exactly what they wanted. New report there's at least one causality, not sure if it's a Bundy or an authority. Multiple people in the hospital.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Dont be fooled.

The Bundys are wealthy ranchers using these poor dumb fools to get what the Bundy's want...Free grazing to up their profits.

The Bundy Bunch are Sovereign Citizen Loons and fringe LDS Mormons.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Damn straight. At least get the....wait, WTF are women and CHILDREN doing at the illegally occupied federal facility?! The women part I understand. "revolution" knows no gender. But who in their goddamn minds would bring kids there? Seriously, am I the only one gnashing teeth and all that fine stuff over that???

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Link to the LiveSteam YouTube Channel.
Guess the Idaho 3% Percenters were right that it was going to escalate to this.

Yeah but the escalation is solely on the Bundy's and their followers. The people they were supposedly standing up for didn't ask for their "help", disavowed them, and turned themselves in. The townspeople didn't want them there and let it be known. The owner of the property where they cut down the fence not only said he didn't know about it, but he even had his workers repair the fence. And the Governor of the State even called on the Feds to step up in the situation.

This is solely on the Bundy's.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Virtually every cowardly leader in history has shielded themselves behind women and children.

Whatever the cause, I'm betting the call for a massive gun grab is in the works.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Human shields means less chance of a Waco style invasion...

If Waco hadn't been a massacre of human shield children that is.

These people are f#ing doo-lally!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just saw an update: one confirmed dead, five arrested.

Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Ryan W. Paine, Brian Cavalier, and Shawna Cox are the names released as the arrestees. Sheriff is supposed to be issuing a statement with more information on everything "sometime soon."

ETA - now six names given as arrested. Sixth name is Donald O'Shaughnessy. Five arrested at the confrontation, one in a separate incident. All are charged with conspiracy to impede a federal officer.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Official report is that it was not Ryan Payne. Don't have a link, but read it in a news story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join