It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon protest leader Ammon Bundy is arrested, says source

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Lavoy was murdered by the FBI...witnesses say he was on his knees compling when they opened fire.
This criminal act is getting passed thru militia channels right now...and evaluating reponses to this development.

Sure he was. Who reported this since they were all arrested?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The Bundys were doing all of the management of the BLM land.

So are you saying as long as I "maintain" federal land I can squat on it and use it as my own?

...... Awesome

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Certainly not that a cowardly nut would bomb the building.

I know. Right?

Everything's fine 'til somebody gets poked in the eye with a sharp stick. If it was one of the Bunds who bought the farm I don't think I'd be as concerned. This Finicum feller ... I'm sure he's got some solid friends ... I'm sure the authorities regret it was him that they killed.

You can't take bad mistakes back. I'd bet a paycheck there's gonna be payback.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ah well, so much for the armed militia going to save America from the nasty tyrant government. This all thing makes a mockery of the 2nd amendment, because events like this become test cases, and bring the debate even more into the public eye.

Armed militias are not out to save America from government, they are only ever going to save themselves. Their entire lifestyle is about isolation and aloofness, integrating only with like-minded people. They don't give a damn about the people in the cities.

One thing is for certain, if the government wanted to take guns off the street, they could do so. There is no mitigating excuse that will stop them. Certainly not an out-of-date amendment that needs throwing out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: dreamingawake

Resisting arrest while armed? Everyone predicted this, the Bundys declared it from day one. They wanted a fire fight and they got exactly what they wanted. New report there's at least one causality, not sure if it's a Bundy or an authority. Multiple people in the hospital.

You're absolutely correct. The wet dreams of an armed standoff almost came true.

I protested in Chicago during the G2 summit. I had a cop threaten to "blah blah blah," me if I didn't stop writing on a public sidewalk with sidewalk chalk. I also had a whistle ripped off my neck after being thrown to the ground. Because whistles - they're dangerous, you know?

Ever since this hit the press, I've wondered why they haven't been met with any force. I've protested in Chicago, and I've been a part of Occupy. I witnessed LEO's tearing citizens tents down, destroying their guitars, burning their paintings/murals, and literally - it was a peaceful sit-in protest.

I'm definitely a "see it to believe it," guy. I've seen firsthand what forces are used when dealing with protestors; fire hydrants, APV's, tear gas, riot shields; I've seen all of this with my own eyes.

But for some reason, these guys are considered "peaceful protestors," and have been met with an exceptionally small force. It will be amusing to see how people go about defending these "patriots."

In my opinion, whatever they are "protesting," for or against, is about the equivalence of KFC or any fast-food giant "racing for the cure," by making their cups/wraps pink.

Spot on with the double-standard. I think police are just frozen when being forced to deal with right-wing shenanigans because they feel it deserves its own definitive term. I'm sure they were counting on this up until they got pulled over and arrested.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Can someone explain what's going on here?

It sounds like there is a militia group headed for the area.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm sure the authorities regret it was him that they killed.
I'm sure they regret anyone was killed.

But are you saying that law enforcement should not enforce the law for fear of repercussions?

edit on 1/27/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Oh god. Please leave this bs out of the thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They are calling the sheriffs department right now.

link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
One thing is for certain, if the government wanted to take guns off the street, they could do so. There is no mitigating excuse that will stop them. Certainly not an out-of-date amendment that needs throwing out.

LOL ... Your government sure got yours, din' they? Now your streets are owned by immigrants ... and there's naught you can do about it.

link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The Bundys were doing all of the management of the BLM land.

So are you saying as long as I "maintain" federal land I can squat on it and use it as my own?

...... Awesome

I don't know what benefit the Bundys got. Maybe they used that land because they had to police it anyway.

What purpose is served by keeping wasteland out of use?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Abysha

Oh god. Please leave this bs out of the thread.

A long-standing double standard of watching immediate and brutal force unleashed upon in "liberal" peaceful protest versus the virtual inaction towards an armed occupying force moving into a government building?

That is both on-topic and important to this entire scenario.

You should leave out your bs of pretending there's nothing strange about that.

link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
Not exactly wasteland. It's got water.
virtualglobetrotting.com...
Is that Bundy water?

link   
Can someone explain to me why we have posters in this thread praising these guys as heroes and comparing them to George Washington and the true patriots that shed their blood so this country could be formed?

Last time I read some history books there was nothing in there about Washington bringing in women and children to serve as human shields.

Thank god these goons are finally being hauled off to jail and fortunately no law enforcement officers were hurt.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

But are you saying that law enforcement should not enforce the law for fear of repercussions?

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything. No one needed to die in this situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There's a right way and a wrong way to do anything. No one needed to die in this situation.

But then, we don't really know what the situation was, do we? Or do you?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It is a land grab and the farmers and ranchers are aware of it because they get it and most of the unproductive and the docile govserfs don't and never will. I spit on the servants of the ruling class metaphorically at least.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Hey! Said my name is called Disturbance
I'll shout and scream, I'll kill the King I'll rail at all his servants
Well then what can a poor boy do except to sing for a Rock and Roll Band

You're trite.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

But then, we don't really know what the situation was, do we? Or do you?

Not completely.

What is readily apparent though, is one of your "Bundites" is dead. A guy who looked pretty rational and even-handed to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Ehhh they took over and occupied a federal building while they were armed and were threatening violence against anyone that dared kick them out of there...

They were really really really lucky their group only suffered one fatality

It's unfortunate, but these guys knew what they were getting into

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join