It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BaddogmaYup, T&C keep back the full explanation!

Seems that hallucinogens interfere with normal brain processing of the 'matrix' interface! Had something similar where I popped out. I kept telling them it was too real. They smiled and said look at the colors then back to trying not to puke the stuff up! That is easy to dismiss as a messed up brain on [T&C]

There was a show on about the brain (pbs?) where the host said the brain will take any signal put into it and try to make sense of it (this was something like a bare wire or something!). Seems the brain is specialized to make sense of our surroundings.

(goes off to find a cool Cap'n Crunch pattern for his tin foil hat)

edit on 8-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: mispoted the first time

edit on 8-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 8-2-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
Well, the Sheep-goats psi thingy is a "real" phenomena and if "magic" works, then the brain could work it both ways, promoting changes or sameness.

But that one house I lived in, especially, was not dependent upon my own beliefs or expectations... a group of atheistic materialists ended up chanting the "Lord's Prayer" one night as something scratched three claws on the brick wall and made sounds like two deaf wrestlers were fighting to the death in the back room amid boxes of china.. .so you may get lucky, yet.

edit on 2/8/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Several years ago there was an online forum for people who claimed to have telekinetic powers. I noticed it vanished a few years ago. Also, it wasn't exactly easy to find. It had a very odd/weird vibe to it, I felt as if I had stumbled upon some kind of hidden subculture, as there was talk about not exercising their abilities in front of people and whatnot.

For all I know it could have been some kind of role-playing thing, but it did not feel like it. Methods and exercises were described and shared, experiences and videos even were posted. It had at least a few hundred active members from across the world on it.

EDIT: And I'm not talking about moving huge objects...these people were moving small things like making paperclips jump a fraction of an inch, or moving a piece of folded paper inside of an upended glass (to prevent wind from moving it).
edit on 8-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No doubt.. .there are some very, deeply weird (and scary from my own perspective due to the folks involved, if not the powers themselves) subcultures out there.

I'd love to have found that one... sorta... I've had some stuff "happen" that I thought was tied to some unstable characters involved with "magik" met online who I had the audacity to question... thus why I'm much nicer, now!

(as there are a couple folks in this very thread who could likely do mischief should they be inclined ...nervous chuckle)

edit on 2/8/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I bet that was an interesting forum. I've heard about people moving small stuff like that before, but never an organized group focused solely on telekinesis. It makes me wonder what else might be hidden out there somewhere.

The only time I've seen something like that was a moment of pure anger which an electrical cord was apparently influenced by. It whipped itself out from the wall like a snake and scared one of my dogs. That taught me a good lesson anyway, as far as the link between emotion and odd events goes.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yup, too bad for the t&c because I have some very complex, astounding experiences when under the influence of those potent substances and we could all learn so much from unbiased research into them.

One such instance was full frontal esp... a ten minute mental conversation where we both heard the others' voice, yet nobody was speaking... hard for folks who've never taken the plunge to understand how subjective the human experience is, until the human brain is cross-wired.

Alas... some other forum, some other life... and kids, don't try it at home... naughty bad and do you really want to spend the rest of your life knowing humans are silly and living a huge lie?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

interesting... I, too, recounted a couple PK due to anger incidents, but one had an alcohol bottle skitter off a shelf at a Walgreen's Drug store when I glanced at it and my emotional state was fairly even until that happened... so I'd guess disembodied consciousness can use PK as well as embodied ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I've often wondered:

once one separates out all delusion, what would one be left with?

I picture a roadside attraction in New Mexico, but could be wrong...

You will find yourself doing what you cannot avoid doing.

If you find yourself caught up in the Beauty of the Lifecycle of the Universe itself... then you do.

If you find yourself caught up in something else beautiful, wonderful, or awful.. then you do.

But Life is for Life.. and the "us" that we all worry about so much, is just one temporary interpretation, among an infinite number of other temporary interpretations.

We either lean into beauty or we fight it. Then we die.

Thems the rules, for us and for whole Universes.

Rinse and repeat with variation, forever.

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Pretty, mr bear!

And those rules are well constructed, as much as we all whine about death, imagine actually living forever in this form we are now in (others scared of death, not kpb per se).

Anyway, yicky thought... that's a whole lot of rent and dinners to cook.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I don't like to dwell on critters and "experiences".

I know that people thirst for them.

People say to themselves "if I could just prove this stuff, it would change everything".

But that's not even the actual reality driving people.

The youngin's at the base of the spine (trapped in this pothole universe) are calling to mommy and daddy to come rescue them. As a result, the brain hungers for mystical experience.

It's like Toxoplasmosis Gondii.

But most people are not "insane enough" to go for it.. to do whatever it takes..

That's why badly abused children are much more prone to follow "the path"; they already have nothing to live for; they will do almost anything to 'escape'. Only it's not truly them seeking to "escape" but something else.

Now.. you can also say that some humans thirst more than others to "find truth", especially those of us on the autistic spectrum. That's also a metaphor that works, if you don't like the shamanic model.

The ugly truth is that most people don't have the combination of desperation and the other correct components to achieve what the parties involved want.

Now again, to have all the pieces fall into place.. can indeed give interesting side-effects to the humans involved, and maybe someday to the entire human race.

But it's not "our game".

It never was "our game".

We can play.. or not play..

It's not entirely up to us.

Kev
edit on 8-2-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Pretty, mr bear!

And those rules are well constructed, as much as we all whine about death, imagine actually living forever in this form we are now in (others scared of death, not kpb per se).

Anyway, yicky thought... that's a whole lot of rent and dinners to cook.

People always ask, "Why something rather than nothing?"

Now, you can talk about the matter-antimatter imbalance in the first moments of the big bang if you wish; but really it's much more simple than that---nothing is boring.

People want to 'continue' to other forms and experiences without death intervening.

But the Universe loves blowing #t up.

"Existence through form" is not stable.. it has to all fall apart, so it can all start again..

Death is necessary for deathlessness.

I don't make the rules.

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yup. I actually am growing to like your take on our slice of reality.

Cow says "Moo!"

Cud is yummy... sun is warm... could be worse... (and then it is ka-chunk and micky-dee's)... rinse, repeat... hehe

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I don't make the rules.

Are you ENTIRELY sure about that?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yup. I actually am growing to like your take on our slice of reality.

Cow says "Moo!"

Cud is yummy... sun is warm... could be worse... (and then it is ka-chunk and micky-dee's)... rinse, repeat... hehe

People want to be constructed of neutron dwarf star metal or something.. hidden in the highest dimensions.. so they can resist death.. through resisting change and decay.

(the drive behind souls and spirits).

Only it don't work that way.

True deathlessness is when whole Universes detonate -- yet out of it "you" in whatever form you find yourself in.. find yourself consciously aware.

No tricks. No deceit. Simple honesty.

No struggle to become 'transcended' or 'immortal'.

Once you live liminally and know this to your bones.

It's awfullly peaceful.

"Gods" seek to avoid death through complexity and leaching power from others.

Humans can understand it all.. having a front row seat.. being grand central station.. between Earth and Sky and Void too.

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I don't make the rules.

Are you ENTIRELY sure about that?

What in heck is that supposed to mean?

I'm really quite pathetic in so many ways..

I don't have ANY "super powers". Not a one. Not me personally.

Don't be silly.

Night for now my friend.

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
just being silly...

nighty night... I'm gonna go use the only part of me that's made of collapsed matter and is the highway 'tween sky and earth... gotta pee.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

The youngin's at the base of the spine (trapped in this pothole universe) are calling to mommy and daddy to come rescue them. As a result, the brain hungers for mystical experience.

Now.. you can also say that some humans thirst more than others to "find truth", especially those of us on the autistic spectrum. That's also a metaphor that works, if you don't like the shamanic model.

The ugly truth is that most people don't have the combination of desperation and the other correct components to achieve what the parties involved want.

Kev

Brand new question just popped into mind:

Considering all the "youngin's" 'calling out for rescue' -

- Do their "mommy and daddy" have any 'stake' in attempting to prevent the 'incubators' (i.e. the human race) from destroying themselves?

Because if so, they better get hopping!!!

In fact, we are passing several points of no return as far as the 'power source' (i.e. ecosystem) required to keep the 'incubators' up and running -

- so "mommy and daddy" are going to have to figure out a way to pull off a miracle of some sort if they want to keep procreating for longer than the next 50, maybe 100 years at most...

edit on 8-2-2016 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Maybe... but what if a better, more stable incubator popped up on a rock near Alpha Centauri last Saturday? It's a big pothole with lots of little incubators running around...

but hey, we have The Carpenters... heh

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I said the same thing when I struggled that year with "the problem of evil".

Frankly, all the pot hole Universes "cry out" to be made whole.

Yet there they are (well this one is hard to argue, if you don't go along with there being others, even though the science itself seems fairly sound, all mysticism aside).

Why do bad things happen to good people?

There are no bad things.

There are no good people.

But yes, there is tons and tons of pain.

We torture and kill all those food animals, to reduce our own suffering.

Then "cry for God" to come rescue us.

I understand your feelings.. oh yes I do.

Anything perceived as "good" has to be a group effort...

No single 'force' can accomplish anything, except perhaps destruction.

If everyone who suffered was quickly rescued.

There would be no existence for anyone.

Suffering is the scaffolding that holds up reality.

Again, I don't make the rules.

I try to ease suffering when i can, mine included.

Sucks I know.

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Maybe... but what if a better, more stable incubator popped up on a rock near Alpha Centauri last Saturday? It's a big pothole with lots of little incubators running around...

but hey, we have The Carpenters... heh

I am more a Simon and Garfunkle fan myself. OMG what beauty.

Made the trip worth it --- that and the produce!

Kev

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join