It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It's like a drug addict getting used to the high, i guess. When i started my journey i got epiphanies and mind orgasms, once per day. Now it is...meh. So i have to change some things. Because i still didn't find the answers to the universe, life and everything. Still have unsolved issues. And still want to get to the bottom of who, what, how and why.

But it is all very elusive. I wonder if that is on purpose? That's why i don't think Däniken is a fraud, he really believes. And that is the problem. Once you believe you find evidence for it. Mythology is all open for interpretation.
So the answer has to be to get free from belief and look within, right?
edit on 9-2-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I've mostly been lucky, I think, but insofar as helpful human interactions go I agree that I've been blessed.

I've witnessed the best and worst our species has to offer, and my life could have been very different in a bad way if not for the people and events I've encountered along the way. Without the negative experiences, I wouldn't have encountered "Melissa" and related experiences. Without that, I'd probably be dead or in prison. Because I posted some of my weird crap online a decade ago, I met my wife when she needed help dealing with similar things.

Anyway, y'all can see where I'm going with this. Life isn't perfect, but when events in life "connect" in a meaningful way it's not all bad sometimes. It can be beautiful, and frustrating, and horrible at times, but I'm happy to have be here in this form. It's all one hell of a ride.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Now why aren't people coming forward?

Well, that's a question worth asking.

I suppose part of the answer would be that not many people want to listen.

We live in a world where everyone wants to believe that they are correct, and that their knowledge is superior to another's. Nobody likes having their paradigm shattered, so there's always that latent fear as well. If you do a "show me yours, I'll show you mine" -- you might find out you've wasted a lot of time/energy on nothing. Fear.

No one wants to realize they've been misled.

That all comes from a lack of flexibility. Being rigid and unwavering lends itself to blind followship.

I think if I had one last thing to tell people before I moved on from this world it would be:

"Don't stop asking questions. Don't stop being curious".

The "game" will always continue...you can either stop swimming and slowly drown...or continue to amaze, amuse, confuse, irritate and surprise yourself with life.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The mind lies.

The body doesn't.

But the mind can misinterpret the body.

But at least its a start.

Would you respond to my toxoplasmosis thread?

Whatcha think? Either the critter interpretation or just the psychological variant?

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Daniken is very rich. I looked up his public net worth once.

I'm sure he gets quite high on his belief system.

Its part of the meme/brain chemical control loop that affects all of us.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

It sure is brother.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sorry, i am not sure which one you mean. Could you link the right one?
I read this one f.e., but i guess you're talking about something else?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

although I agree that Daniken is probably pretty rich, as someone who used to do bookkeeping for wealthy public figures I can tell you those "net worth of celebrity" websites are pretty inaccurate. one said a guy I did bookkeeping for had 2.8 million dollars. guy barely had 200,000 in total assets.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Magnificent.

Btw.

If one lives liminally....minimally verbally..and embraces life and death as equally necessary and beautiful....

Then even if every last "bit of KPB type stuff" is totally wrong..

It doesn't matter in the least.

Its called "living in the void" or "living in silence". I at least consider it excruciating beautiful.

The reason people don't come forward?

Founders Syndrome.

The few people who know something worthwhile don't (can't) pass it on.

And this way of life is nearly dead in this world.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Good to know.

But I doubt Prometheus Entertainment lets the golden goose starve.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have to go back to work now...but it might be easier to find on my blog. I put all the big concept stuff there. KevinPrettyBear.com

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wow! And you wanted to hide this from us?
It is pretty, here for all to enjoy: KevinPrettyBear.com

I'll read it all! And comment afterwards.

Holy #! I bet i have them. Creepy things! toxoplasma gondii

edit on 9-2-2016 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 9-2-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well, nothing really matters...and that's kind of the sick and ironic part. I'm not sure if you are a Dr. Who fan, but I liken all of "this" *waves hands around* to the Pandoricum they trapped the Doctor in. Sort of. Kind of.

However, I decided a while back to care about things and assign meaning to things, even though it isn't required. The knowledge that I chose to do, instead of just automatically doing it is still an illusion though.

So, the way I see it ... you can waste an awful lot of energy struggling and thrashing about in the water -- or you can gracefully float and swim with the currents, occasionally looking down and enjoying the reef below.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: lostgirl

Ok you EVIL woman.

You have been pushing me and pushing me and pushing me on this very topic since nearly the day I met you about two years ago now.

Kev

Well, you know what they say, "we only hurt the ones we love"

I found the linked post on your blog particularly interesting, because (strangely enough) I have had a sort of vague sense (that non-verbal/grokking thing) of an idea along the same lines...

...i.e. God (for want of a better term) needing 'us' to rescue 'him' -

- it has to do with 'our' ability to 'Love' being necessary to the well-being of the 'universe'/'cosmos'/'the All'...

...or whatever you want to call this 'reality' we live in.

Edit: Also, I like your post on page 54 re: focusing on "amorphous beauty"...

...that's part of what I mean above - I think that in a way, beauty can't really even exist without 'Love'.

edit on 9-2-2016 by lostgirl because: addendum re: Kev's post page 54, "beauty" "nectar", etc

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

although I agree that Daniken is probably pretty rich, as someone who used to do bookkeeping for wealthy public figures I can tell you those "net worth of celebrity" websites are pretty inaccurate. one said a guy I did bookkeeping for had 2.8 million dollars. guy barely had 200,000 in total assets.

Appraisals can be crazy inaccurate...and if people have their assets tied up in non-liquid things...They might have only a fraction of that "worth" accessible to them.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh, before I forget...

Anyone else run across the surgeons? The doctors with masks peering down at you as they operate, with compassion and concern?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No! What do they "operate" on?

p.s. We are huge "Doctor Who" fans in my house!!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Oh, before I forget...

Anyone else run across the surgeons? The doctors with masks peering down at you as they operate, with compassion and concern?

I entered the mind of one of our more famous ATS members a couple years ago, who claimed to have been abducted..and yes indeed...they wear a golf visor looking thing...a mask and have almond eyes and look Romany in skin color.

Now before people go wonky....I'm FIRMLY retired from that kind Of nonsense. Those kind Of 'abilities' are rife with delusion and trickster bait...so I refuse to attempt anything like that ever again..If something like that happens 'naturally' without my wishing it...I'll tolerate that.

But you asked...

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I'm glad.

Kev

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

No golf visors. Bright overhead operating room light, 5-6 people with surgical masks and protective glasses all peering at me and talking about me, but it was very muffled. They weren't malevolent at all, rather concerned and compassionate.

Lots of white...bright white...white light, white masks, white ceiling.

new topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join