It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Welcome and start/go anywhere ... sorta right now I was trying to get some "spirits 101" stuff addressed... like why the physical effects them only sometimes...

but then it's really been Kev's (KPB) show and now I wanna clear up several things he's brought up... like the differences in unseen fauna... and so far, I've been focusing on that fauna of spooksville, but feel free to go anywhere that fauna pushes you.

I guess we're also addressing kundalini and the actual make up of man's mind, too!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And welcome back, non... that gutter- bird story was cool, but usual when one is immersed in this stuff... nothing "crazy" about it... the unseen use the biology at hand, or so it seems, anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks, I just kind of threw something out there, but I'm always game for any topic...lol

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

First off I can't really help in the proper English usage despite too many years at Uni for English... but looks like the right punctuation to me.

As to why the unseen give a flip for us... and sometimes interact for or against individuals... well, some might see us as tools (one of Kev's views is that one class uses us to give birth), some as pets, some might see us as family... some as friends, but all I know is, with the world as it is, getting on their bad side would make for an unbearably bumpy ride.

I'd love to know the physical mechanics of it all, though. How can they float through walls, yet solidify enough to effect things? And the old "ectoplasm" answer doesn't actually answer a thing... I mean I get it's all energy, buuuuut...

and if KPB is reading, then please explain the "factions in quantum foam" idea? Heh....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

And welcome back, non... that gutter- bird story was cool, but usual when one is immersed in this stuff... nothing "crazy" about it... the unseen use the biology at hand, or so it seems, anyway.

I have no idea where this thread is going and thought I would chuck a bit of fresh crazy into the mix.

I like to use statistical probability when judging the unusualness of something and if there is the possibility of magic involved.

Is it likely that a bird will empty a gutter of debris? well it's not common but it could happen.

Is it likely that a bird will empty a gutter of debris at the exact time that you are wishing that someone would empty the gutter for you? That is getting into the realms of statistical improbability in my book what do you think?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Here is a question to add to your list, because I am wondering the same, why do spirits like to hang in upper corners of rooms?

*ponder*

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Okay, this post I'm replying to ... and also the quote above that: "Factions in control of quantum foam space-time streams" both need some elaboration. I know the layman's level definition of the quantum foam were nano particles come and go, but how does that connect to inhabiting humans or getting permission to enter residences? Or does it?

What's the difference between "spirits" and critters ... I know bits, but either I have early onset Alzheimer's or it hasn't been defined, other than ...uh... critters having humans as parts of their bodies and using them to birth via kundalini which would seem to produce a looooow birthrate ... am I being clear in my unclarity?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

T C Lethbridge thought it was because they were out of phase with this dimension is a traceable spiral (with a pendulum) that was "up and to the left" if memory serves.

As good an answer as any!

His book "Power of the Pendulum" is either crank twaddle or before it's time, and I couldn't say which, really.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'll let others answer this one actually..

there are many traditions, and I'm not much for traditions.

But I would say, that one would need to be "accepted by the spirits" one way or the other, no matter what ritual or coming of age ceremony is performed.

Sometimes a person "dies" and comes back.. I know that has happened to me twice.

Sometimes a totem animal will choose a human as part of a "heroic quest".

There are many stories from many cultures.

As for magicians.. that is an entirely different subject that I will leave alone.

But if you read back through the thread, you will see my opinions on that subject.

Kev
edit on 7-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Higgs boson and the Higgs field is a major component of what accounts for mass.. without those new discoveries in physics, we'd all be plasma or something.

Read up on "Higgs Bosons for dummies somewhere".

And I'm a dummy on the subject too for the most part, so don't feel bad.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I'll let others answer this one actually..

there are many traditions, and I'm not much for traditions.

But I would say, that one would need to be "accepted by the spirits" one way or the other, no matter what ritual or coming of age ceremony is performed.

Sometimes a person "dies" and comes back.. I know that has happened to me twice.

Sometimes a totem animal will choose a human as part of a "heroic quest".

There are many stories from many cultures.

As for magicians.. that is an entirely different subject that I will leave alone.

But if you read back through the thread, you will see my opinions on that subject.

Kev

I am working my way though it now, As mentioned I was on a sabbatical when the thread was started and it is taking some time to catch up.

I must say that your posts here and on the black triangle thread intruge me.

Can I send you a U2U with an odd word or name that has cropped up in a very influential way for me?

I would be interested in your opinion as I have searched long for insight into it and maybe you are the man than can where others have failed?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So they can, obviously, turn the Higg's Field off and on at will... I know that much, but aside from the mechanics, how may one trap a spirit in a satchel of bottle? Why can a door thwart an unseen being sometimes and not others, is my query.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I was just wondering cause it is something I have encountered while having an OBE.

I was with a few others, and we were floating in the upper corner of my bedroom discussing a painting I had done.
It was strange because it was like I was pulled to that corner.

*shrug*
So I was just wondering.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Aah sorry, I misinterpreted saints. Thanks for explaining what you mean. I think, yes probably this is a truly ancient practice and we've been scoffing drugs forever and liking what we find so it seems like finding 'oneness' is something we're able (and therefore meant?) to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific and also to Darkblade71 too

Oh hello, how nice to see you both! Some fresh crazy, good timing.

Your blackbird story is very interesting nonspecific, since there are so many stories about birds being reincarnations of older folk. You didn't have a particularly handy great-uncle who had just died? I'm glad you have an affinity with birds though, I have an ongoing power struggle with a local owl whom I despise.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: UniFinity

Aah sorry, I misinterpreted saints. Thanks for explaining what you mean. I think, yes probably this is a truly ancient practice and we've been scoffing drugs forever and liking what we find so it seems like finding 'oneness' is something we're able (and therefore meant?) to do.

Everything is allowed; nothing is mandatory.

"There is no preferred state in the Universe" - KPB

Those are my thoughts on going 'ga ga' over Oneness.

And you've read many other posts of mine on that topic.

Of course you like to be nice. I don't always find being nice a proper thing.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: nonspecific and also to Darkblade71 too

Oh hello, how nice to see you both! Some fresh crazy, good timing.

Your blackbird story is very interesting nonspecific, since there are so many stories about birds being reincarnations of older folk. You didn't have a particularly handy great-uncle who had just died? I'm glad you have an affinity with birds though, I have an ongoing power struggle with a local owl whom I despise.

I'd give you 10 stars for your owl story if I could.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
So they can, obviously, turn the Higg's Field off and on at will... I know that much, but aside from the mechanics, how may one trap a spirit in a satchel of bottle? Why can a door thwart an unseen being sometimes and not others, is my query.

Spirits have both psychology and sociology ("politics").

Some follow the "rules" and some risk getting speeding tickets.

Some get shaman sent after them to slap them around.

It all depends.

And yes, there may be aspects of "divine geometry" and even physical things like
salt, quartz and cold iron having an effect on their systems.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'd give you my owl if I could.

I like to be nice, ah well maybe, I don't often get cross and I like to hear other's views. Sometimes it's good to reassess why I don't agree with something, it's easy to get complacent. I favour utility over unity in the broad scheme of things, but that's just me.

"There is no preferred state in the Universe" - KPB

No there is space for us all, it's true, and what you say there could be taken from a personal to an atomic (or subatomic, whatever
) point of view. Everything seems so precarious in the Universe - a couple of degrees hotter here or colder there and everything would change drastically. I guess if beasties/souls/etc are as much part of the Universe as we are, then it's just as precarious for them too?
edit on 7-3-2016 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The only constant is change.

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join