It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

But the mind which created both your stories and her stories is the same mind, the same brain.

Which came first, the gods or the humans?

Which came first, the neural architecture which creates myth, or myth?

Does the age really matter so much?

We are creating myths right this very instant. Perhaps there will be a ballad about beanSidhe
and the crazed bear who thought he was pretty.. and we'll have our own constellation...
in 2,0000 years.

Kev

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That would be wonderful! Who knows what effects any of us might have 2000 years down the line?

Which came first, the gods or the humans?

Which came first, the neural architecture which creates myth, or myth?

Hmm, let me think on this for a bit....

(You always ask such good questions! )

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Heh... just tickled, yet again, about how confused folks must be who run into your view (from my own personal experience as someone who's seemingly rational but who knows "unseen" stuff exists).

You appear to be a strict, no b.s. science-based shaman... no gods, no woo, just neurology, evolution and time, heh ... your whole existence must make the certain few folk's from both ends of the reality models who run into you crazy ...

so, how does it feel to be a walking, typing contradiction? Personally, I love contradictions, as people need them to deflate and join the party.

Happy Sunday, all...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Heh... questions... and kids...

I also chuckle about how little kids teach adults, and likely blow their minds on a daily basis, by simply repeating stuff said in earshot and tacking on a "why?" to it.

I've watched flustered adults become psychologically shattered from that process as the ramifications of our whole adult constructs are laid bare and the emperors are found to all be naked...

but kids are still best if spawned by others, imho!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Naw. I do woo. Plenty of it. But not due to fantasy wish fulfillment to protect my ego.

If I do "woo" it's because it is probably real, just not currently explainable logically.

I'm sure that I drive a lot of people histerical though as you say.

Kev

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

My wife and I are both spawnless.

There are 6 billion too many people in the world.

Kev

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hey, before you fade out with the serious folks, again, if you would answer (or anyone with a view):

in your cosmology, how/why does the para-critter effect matter only sometimes?

They can pop into a house or pass through walls, seemingly, yet at times they can be "trapped in a bottle" or locked out of a residence ...why does the physical solidify for them sometimes and not others?

You mentioned factions ...and I took that to mean within bodies, as in "possession." But what about when a door seems to thwart them? Is it theatrics or acting as a real barrier or dependent on largely unknown properties of physics/environments ... in your view?

edit on 3/6/2016 by Baddogma because: add for clarity

edit on 3/6/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2016 by Baddogma because: posting while distracted... rewording for clarity

edit on 3/6/2016 by Baddogma because: adding as deeper thoughts popped up

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Actually it's called being a reason-based liminal; anyone could learn to do it...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Factions in control of quantum foam space-time streams is what I meant.

And for what it's worth...the "serious folks" aren't impressing me much at all.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Perhaps different entities have different levels of 'power' just like us physical entities - some can climb a cliff, some can produce art....
So could just be a simple case of the newest creations do not have the ability/experience/power to do these things yet.
Also a 'god' created by millions would maybe have more 'energy/power' to drawn on than a simple soul that 'I' alone produced?

Or maybe the older ones have been around long enough that someone in the past gave them permission to enter.

Or could just be different 'types/construct/species' a bird can fly, a fish can swim, a mole can burrow.

Also Kev said he was aware of a civilisation 5 galaxies over ( i think it was) perhaps some of these ''visits' are their 'shaman' having a look at us
Presumably they would have different abilities to one of our 'soul' constructs.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I don't care about others beliefs and religions or philosophy. It is a personal thing and as such it plays no role for me here on ATS or even in real life. We should be friends first, before ALL other things.
So I apologize if I seem a bit like I want to bring someone to my side. That is not it at all! So don't worry everyone, I am not here to indoctrinate anyone : )

You think that saints don't exists?
I disagree. But I should define what I mean by saint.

Saint for me is a "being". Not even a man or a woman, not alive nor dead. Because such person has transcended duality and views everything as a part of oneSelf. And people like that have been around in all religions at least this is my conclusion as such people teach same principles but in the scope of their religion. Be it modern like Maharshi,Milarepa,Rumi or old like Buddha, Jesus or even Vashista or older. it makes no sense for me that so many people who should be 100% honest and pure would in fact lie or be just in another illusion. well maybe, maybe not. You think so, I don't think so : )

but, again, I don't mind at all.

but anyway...why I believe that they are real?
people like us, who wants to know and understand the true nature of reality have always been around. People who just like to sit and be silent and be an observer. And use the tools and techniques that we feel is right for us.
And the process which is unfolding while only observing is connected with what our beliefs and mental state is. Brain/the mind is a virtual environment and it is natural for me that there are infinite paths back to the source. It all depends on us and our "false" way of thinking and what lessons we still need to learn. There are no limits of expression. Just like in nature. You will not find two stones exactly the same : )

This process which unfolds inside us while we are observing, is in my opinion very connected to our own mind and not so much to the final reality - "Oneness". So Shamans may see microenvironments, Buddhist see other things, Hindus yet another, etc...that does not mean it is all false or it is all true. I think the main point is personal lessons and learning. All experiences in duality are here for only that reason in my opinion.

But attributes that such person shows at the final dissolution/absorption are the same in all cases: strict sense of morality, virtues, bliss, no vices whatsoever, workaholic : ), siddhis and also unconditional compassion and love and many more, are all just different attributes of such "being".

Very interesting read about the (real?) history of "chakras", on this link:
www.tantrikstudies.org...

This is partly why I think that we are constructing and then deconstructing our own imaginary concepts, within with observation and meditation ... the point is just to learn to let go... of everything false (ego,I,self,soul,chakras,etc...) and transcendent duality forever. To "die" while being "alive". And get out of ALL illusions and tricks from Her in my opinion.

Ok, that is all I want to say for now about "the saints". I had to write that for other people who are maybe interested into real saints and how to filter them...well from my prospective, it may be useless to others.

so... this post is not so much for you due to obvious reasons, and you don't need to reply to this if you feel there is nothing to comment, I am happy either way : )

thanks for replay. I agree for the most part.
The part about the saints is explained more in the post above and why I think that even some Christian saints could be maybe real in my opinion.
Basically, how we choose to get out of duality is not so important, point is to find something that suits us and not give up until we get "beyond" and dissolve/absorb into "oneness". And I think that this was achieved even maybe since our cave man days only with different methods. Such persons are true saints for me.
edit on 1457347529345March453453116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I have been meaning to read this thread for a while now but never had the time as it keeps getting bigger!

Not sure if this is the right place but I have had some pretty odd things occur and none of them really warrant a thread of their own so will put them here.

A long time ago I studied and practised magic, along the way I picked up a familiar in the way of a large owl, unfortunately we parted ways.

Several years later I had to clear the guttering on the rear of my house as it was full of crap and when it rained it caused a leak on a lean to on the side of the house. I really did not want to do it and was putting it off. One morning on a day off my partner said that I needed to do it and then went to work. I was grumbling about it thinking that I really really wished that someone else would do it for me.

A short while later I heard a tapping sound in the garden and went to investigate, there on the roof by the guttering was a huge black bird and it was picking all the crap out of the gutter and throwing it onto the lean too roof. It emptied the whole guttering and then looked straight at me.

Not knowing what else to do I simply said "thank you" to the bird and then I swear it nodded at me and flew away.

This kind of thing often happens to me where something happens that is too bizarre to be called coincidence.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes, sir. These sort of things do happen sometimes.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

One more comment..

The "spirits" are quite connected with humans.. as humans are part of their bodies. But critters themselves don't tend to interact with us that much.. as we are often as much as "hallucintion" for them, as they are for us.

There are a few critters who do interact with humans a fair bit.. the space imp species for example.. and possibly one or two honest to god plasma species who can materialize or not materialize as they wish..

but for the most part, most of these species live in their own way, and don't fret about us.

most of them can't even interact with us physically unless the circumstances are perfect.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Yes, sir. These sort of things do happen sometimes.

Kev

Yes but these things happen to me a lot, so much so that others around me have observed this and agree that it is not normal?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Were you abused as a child? 9 times out of 10 that is a factor.

There are various other less common factors.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Were you abused as a child? 9 times out of 10 that is a factor.

There are various other less common factors.

Kev

No but I do have a theory on what happened if your interested?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

That Tantrum studies link is a good one. This is the very reason that I don't talk about them---the western version is not remotely real....

The eastern version is closer...but it appears the author in question has missed the entire point of "chakras".

But this is to be expected.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm sure That everyone would love to hear.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This is just a whacked out theory so bear with me, I may have mentioned it in another thread at some point.

About 10 years ago I was attacked by a bunch of 5 thugs outside a nightclub, at one point I was doing quite well in the fight but I got clocked from behind and was knocked into the road and nearly got hit by a bus. Then I got kicked in the face and they started stamping on my head. I was in the fetal postition at this point with my arms covering my head(they actually broke my arm they were stamping so hard) I was thinking "Oh ^&$*$^& Oh ^&&*^* I am going to die"

Then all of a sudden I felt this really warm sensation and although I was aware of the blows I could no longer feel them and I was also no longer scared of dying. I was actually thinking what a pity it was that I was going to die when I still had lots of things I wanted to do, a bit like when you arrange to go out with a mate for a beer and they cancel kind of feeling, it seemed to go on for quite a long time.

All of a sudden I was sucked back into reality and I was picked up by the biggest bloke I have ever seen who put me on his shoulder and fought all the five guys and won with one hand whilst holding me.

As you can imagine I had to go to hospital and it turned out I had suffered quite a lot of damage as amongst other things I had no concept of numbers or left or right, really basic stuff. I spent quite a while in the hospital.

Before this incident I was a normal kind of person, nice office job, owned a house, did normal things but as a result I ended up loosing my job and had to sell my house

After living with my parents as I was quite unfit to fend for myself I met a woman on the internet and started a relationship with her, She was a witch and we ended up living together and I got very interested in magic and began practising and researching a lot.

So I'll try and speed this up a little as getting a bit long winded.

Most Magical initiations involve some type of symbolic death and rebirth. I think that this has been twisted over the years and what was actually supposed to happen is that you need to bring yourself to the actual point of death so your body can release '___', the '___' is intended to help you move onto the next level of existence but if you stop yourself dying after it is released then it opens part of your brain that is not needed in this realm and it allows you to manipulate the universe in ways that others cannot.

The problem I have is that I do not know if this is true or is due to the head trauma!

All I do know is that ever since then I have been a very different person and have been able to manipulate the universe in ways that defy logic on numerous occastions with many and varied witnesses.

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join