It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Fair enough as having to read the book! And thanks for your honesty about being clueless... heh.

And thanks for the refinement/summary as it helps me (and I suspect other folks who haven't the fist clue about kundalini mechanics) getting partial understanding.

It goes back to the distinction between "spirits" and "critters" in your lexicon. It's subtle and I'm getting a better big picture now... and I hope it refines your thoughts for any book, too.

I'll go back to percolating other 'Sunday school teacher stumping' questions, now...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And chew on Boltzmann brains I shall!

Totally new to me as a formal theory, but certainly familiar in idle musings.. .thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Re The Fall.

Was thinking about violence and warfare and how it was caused.

Do you think we are 'forcing' many primate and possibly other species to their own 'fall' as we destroy their habitats and force them to compete for an ever dwindling resource.
I was thinking of one of those documentaries following a chimp group and when it got to big to support itself, from its own territory, there was a split and 'civil war' until the weaker group was run off.

Now realising most animals have their own territories which they defend sometimes to the death.
So I wonder has it always been that way and humanity was more or less unique in this way pre fall? or as my initial question has our 'fall' caused this?

Then i think of the savannah and the vast spaces lions for instance still have and they definitely compete for the best territories.

Thinking this through as i type (as usual) so that would lead me to the conclusion that humanity is different from the rest of the animal kingdom in some way.

Is it just our brains and capacity for thought and if so why are we the only ones with it?

What part of the feedback loop are plants/animals/fungi in, if not ours, yet we are all one and part of the whole so i guess the universe is just experiencing different perspectives - I often wonder what it would be like to be an ancient tree or a mountain and to have 'seen' what they have. Or even to be a planet or star and 'see' so such more - can you imagine watching your own solar system developing as planets coalesce out of the dust over millions/billions of years.

So I(we) don't know what the universe really is but we do 'know' we are a small part of it and seem to be 'senses' of some sort reporting back to the whole after our 'mission'. We also seem to be capable of being used for purposes unknown (more experience/experiments?) by the universe and occasionally this dovetails with our wishes or our wishes are close enough to the intended result to that we slightly affect the outcome to suit us.

I'm not getting this down quite right and am going off in tangents again. Will let it percolate a bit more and maybe come back to it - or one of you excellent people will tie it together for me again by coming at it from a different perspective

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Why does magik work sometimes, why do big miracles happen upon occasion, why can ghosts make stuff appear on occasion, but all-in-all, this stuff is SO rare the average work-a-day human thinks it's complete fantasy?

Well.... ? Heh...

Eek! I don't know, I don't know, I don't know! You've been stocking up on ringmaster whips, I see.

My best guess would be to follow Serdgiam's line of thought about synching radio waves (not radio waves, but you know what I mean), so when they/we hack our/their wavelength for mutual benefit stuff goes along smoothly. I see that Mr Bear has suggested that it's when they use us to their own ends, and yes I could go with that too.

I don't know, maybe we transmit (check out my tech knowledge. Impressed? Hmmm, yes you should be.
) or exude, whatever, thoughts that they can tune into, and hitch a ride if it suits their needs? It would explain the rarity of these events. I'm saying 'they' maybe 'it' is a better term?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Here's another one for you.

As you may recall, I'm constantly referring to the fact that "con men" "lead with their weakness".
That an excellent way to pierce the murky deception of much of reality is to stand things on
their heads.

For example, the movie "The Matrix".

In that movie, human minds are trapped inside a computer program, while human bodies are
used for power generation, which is of course ridiculous. But they needed to come up with
some dumb excuse to have fields of human bodies.

The "truth"?

Human minds are not trapped in a matrix.. not really. It's just the opposite.

Human bodies ARE THE MATRIX - the computing power,

and "other minds", non-human minds, use the vast fields of humans throughout the
Universe(s), for their purposes.

You might try it sometime.. pick some major "mind-frell" that is common in our
current or in ancient societies. Then turn it on it's head.

You might be surprised how smart you become, almost overnight.

Kev

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Nobody said this stuff was easy.. or that i had all, or even most of the answers.

I'm just sharing information, and would be delighted to come across someone who
knew more than I did.

But even so.. sometimes amazingly good stuff comes out in this thread--from everyone.

Kev

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Here's a T-shirt saying for you:

Even the Universe Reads ATS.

I'm serious.

When you say, "figure something out", then the "Universe" does too.. at least
the part of it hooked up to you.

This relationship we have is not just "The Universe vs. beanSidhe". It's definitely
a partnership, in a way.

Kev

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hey, another free T-shirt, you're my kind of shaman!
I suppose whenever we think, then that thought has then existed, it has become 'real'; it has a past and a birth and an existence, and if it's a really, really good thought then it becomes an idea, an action and so on.
And if the Universe somehow comes to meet that thought half way, then we do have a partnership. Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I often wonder what it would be like to be an ancient tree or a mountain and to have 'seen' what they have. Or even to be a planet or star and 'see' so such more - can you imagine watching your own solar system developing as planets coalesce out of the dust over millions/billions of years.

I do that too, which sometimes leads me to tree-envy, or ben-envy but it's still always enjoyable.

...and occasionally this dovetails with our wishes or our wishes are close enough to the intended result to that we slightly affect the outcome to suit us.

That's a really good way of explaining it, because I do believe strongly that we have free will. When things are awkward and not going right, or seem to take an enormous amount of effort maybe our wishes are just way out of synch with what the Universe wants. If it even wants anything, who knows what I'm even talking about now.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well the whole thing about the Fae race possibly popping into existence due to a cultural historical misunderstanding...

Lucifer popping into existence due to a mistranslation in the Latin Vulgate...

Etc. Etc.

That is a powerful concept. It is a little swell which might become a large wave...

It wouldn't surprise me if a part of the Universe
Became less ignorant due to us feeding that
Back into the control loop.

Kev
edit on 4-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Unless there's a cosmic graveyard for abandoned thoughts somewhere out there? Nobody thinks them anymore, they get no more attention and so they wither and die. Too sad - little hopeless, unloved thoughts flitting about. All thoughts need energy to become...real.

But yes, it is most definitely a powerful concept. People will swear Jesus is the son of God, Lucifer is a fallen angel - they have become real to us, now in our time. It's weird to think about.
What is a control loop? Something that keeps things ticking along as they are now?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The question would then be -

- Which (or who's) 'version' of Jesus has become real?

I refuse to believe in anyone who would condemn a person to hell (not that I believe in hell)

...In fact, back when I was a practicing 'Christian', I shocked the bible study group with my firm conviction that even Lucifer would be forgiven, if he sincerely wanted to be.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

A houses thermostat is a common example of a control loop circuit.

Another similar concept is that of equilibrium.

Kev

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

edit on 4-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Duplicate

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

That's a good point. Is it Mohammed's Jesus, the Presbyterian's prophet, the Catholic's son of god, or the Protestant's version? I'm sure I've missed a few. Whichever one it is, she became a boy over the millennia and sort of morphed into Mithra.

What happens when competing thoughts effect the 'created'? Is everyone's version true to them ie they only exist within us individually, or does one 'version' have more influence than another?

..In fact, back when I was a practicing 'Christian', I shocked the bible study group with my firm conviction that even Lucifer would be forgiven, if he sincerely wanted to be.

Aaaw, you sweet, sweet soul!
If there has to be a god, and he has to be a bloke, then I want him to be your version.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Aah, thanks. I thought that was what you were describing but I wasn't sure.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

my dear friend, that is not at all how it is in old Buddhism. If you think that, than you have been also washed by "new agers" in my opinion.

You see in the oldest stuff I could find, when the "soul passes out past the skull sutures", then that's the "ascension" of the human to Buddha-land or whatever, and then the story ends.

Check the concepts of Trikaya: Dharmakāya, Sambhogakāya, Nirmāṇakāya.
If anyone wants to check the true old buddhist teachings about "ascension".

But how many people do really experiance these things in modern world is another question. And we can be sure it is not much. But anyway I bet there are a lot of people in such advanced levels of development, but out of the public view.

Just wanted to post that if anyone is curious in old age stuff. : )

imho.
edit on 1457174387339March393393116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity and everybody else

Check the concepts of Trikaya: Dharmakāya, Sambhogakāya, Nirmāṇakāya.

Again notice there are 3 which seems to be a cornerstone of many religions.

The physical body, our spirit/soul and supreme being/universe - would make sense to me if splitting into 3 but as everything is part of the whole - does this just add to the confusion or is this just our way of breaking down the big picture into manageable pieces?

A thought - we need 3 things to survive - food, water and oxygen to breathe (the same for most 'living' entities) is the universe the same?

If so what 3 facets/requirements does it have? Us physical beings, dark matter and dark energy or perhaps its light, physicality and 'dark stuff'.

As usual not sure exactly what I am trying to say/get at here but why is the trifold idea so powerful?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

It was an off-the-cuff reference to the "Pure Lands" to which Boddhisattvas go after achieving "Enlightenment", or in some traditions one or two lives before they are to reach it.

From my personal perspective 'old age' material is nearly as bad as 'new age material', so except for maybe 3% or so, i disregard the entire sorry lot.

Kev
edit on 5-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Aah, thanks. I thought that was what you were describing but I wasn't sure.

Well control loops are a big topic on ATS;

Jacques Vallee and "The Gut" both wrote about them extensively.. in terms of societal control.

Kev

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join