It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: nonspecific

What's important with "magic words" is that they make sense to you. They are NEVER supposed to make sense to someone else.

Kev

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm glad I popped into this thread, it gave me the biggest smile today!

Awesome!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

There are certainly islands of relative stability...for example I suspect that the "Two Lovers" (in this Universe only) were created by the space imp civilization around 13 billion years ago.

And beyond that in "AboveWorld" there are probably structures more than 10 to the 500th or more years old.

Frankly, I'm not certain that you have received the message I have sent even once yet.

Its not your fault...not my fault.

Trying to discuss this stuff via ATS is just short of insane.

Kev

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Wow----

Trees have been sacred for a LONG-ASS time.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That was a very interesting article!

Jill Pruetz of Iowa State University, who observed the “fire dance” in 2006, said that the behavior seems to suggest that chimps have a conceptual understanding of fire. Perhaps they are paying respect to it, in some way. I’ve also heard stories of chimps performing dances in front of waterfalls

The awareness is different than ours, but that does not mean they are any less aware.
Perhaps they see something we don't.

Perhaps with the trees they are attempting to bring out the spirit of the wood.

Who knows!?
but that was interesting!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Agreed... heh, more evidence about how man is just another too smart/too dumb animal ... not that there's anything wrong with that view, but some folks don't like it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Grats on the marriage... you poor, poor soul (93.8 % kidding).

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Just an afterthought.

Sometimes when I go out in the woods,
I talk to trees.

I see them as living beings with an awareness that we humans don't have.
They communicate with each other and the rest of the forest,
and sometimes when I sit in the woods and just kind of allow myself to blend in with it,
I swear I can almost hear them.

I certainly feel them.

But then, I have not done that in a long time, I should do it more often.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

hehe yes it is tough to convey anything related about "the abstract" with words only. But we can only try best to understand and absorb it all, even if it makes no sense at the moment, than make our own conclusions by experiance in meditation in silence. This is for me the only way to true wisdom, whatever that may be.

heh, you can look at ats as a training day, if you decide to write a book. You are gaining a bit more experiance with what words to use and how to write to explain your wisdom, so that "normal" people can get a bit more understanding and not more confusion.

I have received a LOT of your messages and I am most grateful for them (even if we don't agree on somethings, but I use what I feel is right for me and leave the rest for maybe later.), like the "two steps" (I am "luminal" as you like to say, ever since our discussion 20? pages back ... well I am practising ALL the time) and I think you have given me a bit more understanding about The Lovers - original male and female critters - from your posts and also I hope you will find the time to explain a bit about "chakras" and maybe even "prana". (just to remind you again so you don't forget : ) )

Also I think that I am more focused on Him, while you are more on Her. Personally, I don't want anything from Her after all. But I do love Her or I would like to learn to love Her, but as Him not "I", for me, this is a bit like learning how to manifest unconditional true love between them.
That is my feeling anyway...for now if I have to put it in the terms we use in this thread.
edit on 1457436687331March313313116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hiya and welcome to the thread - it is a 'insert your favourite superlative here'.

Congrats on the engagement and "lang may your lum reek"

Nothing else to add atm except beans, I think you should find out what is bugging that owl - could just be an outside light that shines on his spot although you may also need to apologise for some of the ruder things you said

You could always 'bribe' it with little pieces of beef to make the peace.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I'm presently using nearly ALL my Urdhva-retas to keep myself in the lions den, of a modern version of the old organization I once cared about so much. If you think that my words have caused a bit of a ruckus here, then you have no idea what it's like in the place where the "high and mighty's hang out".

Chakras and prana are both much more important than you might think, and worth nothing at all.. depends on if you understand what's behind them, not just the hype.

The "Male" has never impressed me.. despite all the hyperbole, the "Male", though given the form of say Shaiva isn't what you might think after all.

I'm glad that you've found some small value in the feedback from a broken down old, failed shaman.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Hiya and welcome to the thread - it is a 'insert your favourite superlative here'.

Congrats on the engagement and "lang may your lum reek"

Nothing else to add atm except beans, I think you should find out what is bugging that owl - could just be an outside light that shines on his spot although you may also need to apologise for some of the ruder things you said

You could always 'bribe' it with little pieces of beef to make the peace.

Yes, it's bean's purpose in life to placate the owl.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I read your and the soon to be missuses thread in chat. You guys are an AWESOMELY cute power couple!

My wife and I are QUITE happy for you.

Kev

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I imagine it can blow up very quickly, it is a very touchy subject after all.

But if one does not understand that one is always a student, then one needs more to learn.

To every angry "spiritual" wannabe I would say:
being angry for different opinion is like being angry at yourself, with any negative emotion you are only punishing yourself at the end in MANY ways. Relax and breath.

than maybe walk away for five mins ?
well it depends on the heat and situation, but being around angry "spiritual" group of people is a waste of time and nerves : )

Also I think there are no coincidences, so what comes across as interesting for me I try it first.
oh and also everything written in this thread has value and not just for me but for all reading in many different ways even if very small .... size does not matter! and thank you for sharing : )

Thoughts are our MOST important tool.
therefore every thought counts.
Even if they are useless as far as detachment and "illusion" goes.
Maybe it is a bit like that also with chakras and pranas...

I don't know much...well ...
my intuition from reading a LOT about them (in buddhisem, hinduism, yoga) and experiences and a lot of contemplation, has a very wide imagination, but how much of it is true, is a different case. : )

But from experiance, I just "feel" them and prana in meditation and learn about them and it step by step.
edit on 1457464813320March203203116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I gave you a star.

On the thing about "feeling truth"

You do know that our brains are virtual reality generators right?

You do know that "Kundalini" powers all spirituality right? And Kundalini is the power of concentrated delusion in the body right?

That you don't get ANY respit from delusion until stage 3...then just a little...you basically die in stage 4, and just start to confront reality at stage 5, right?

That prana and chakras are "felt" by training oneself to sense slight afferent and efferent sensations from the visceral and autonomic nervous systems, right?

Just checking.

Kev

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Good afternoon!

I have nothing else to add yet, but,
compelled to say it...lol

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I had a dream the other night with Morgan Freeman in it. He sat and chatted with me for a bit. And no, he wasn't playing the character "God". Hew as just himself, although I did say something like, "Wow, you're Morgan Freeman!"

Woke up, and a few hours later got some news that directly related to the content of our conversation.

Funny how that happens sometimes.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well there are three ways something can be true: subjective, objective and intersubjective. Since the train you're riding is pretty packed it is safe to say it is intersubjective. Meaning as true as a myth can get, as they're all imaginative and therefore never objective.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Was Morgan Freeman wearing clothing?

I just had to ask.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I will apologise if I must, but that's it. Creeping about in the dark, lobbing bits of beef at it will antagonise it, I just know it. It'll take it as an assault and ramp its campaign up to the next level.
The next time I see it I will say sorry for the things I've said, then ignore it. The ball will be firmly in its stupid owl court and we'll see if it can meet me halfway, or if it continues to act like an arse.

I'll do my best

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join