It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact on 22 September 2015

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
WIth a 2.5 MILE body, it computes about a 71 metre tsunami hitting after about 2 hours and 6 minutes

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
September 2015 is the new December 2012. The same results: absolutely nothing will happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

That's pretty much a straight line that goes right over the Catskills. Not to mention, that from NYC to Ottawa

Here is the full distance:

Which is about an additional 550 km over land. Tsunamis rapidly lose their momentum over land. Even more so if the land has raise terrain.

... such as the Catskills.

Still not buying that this will happen. Your science is bad, your sources are worse. It's a making of a nice story though.
edit on 9/12/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

That's pretty much a straight line that goes right over the Catskills. Not to mention, that from NYC to Ottawa

Here is the full distance:

Which is about an additional 550 km over land. Tsunamis rapidly lose their momentum over land. Even more so if the land has raise terrain.

... such as the Catskills.

Still not buying that this will happen. Your science is bad, your sources are worse. It's a making of a nice story though.

It won't travel particularly overland, it will travel north and then down the St Lawrence, slower than the speed of sound, but still pretty fast.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Do you know how tsunami's work? I'll give you a hint out then around corners and down is not the way.

Still waiting on the spreadsheet you said you'd provide. And some credible sources and information too.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If all these people having the same, coordinated set of dreams is a freak...

If the Chinese sending a fleet into position in Alaska is just a good will visit...

If all the DUMBs built across the USA was just a jobs creation project by some bunch of Army Generals still paranoid about the possible return of the Soviet Empire...

If it has suddenly become the fashion amongst the superrich to give up beach front porperties and buy half-way up a mountain...

If two billionaires decided to prank call Alex Jones on the same damn day...

If CERN has got it all wrong and it's just going to wheeze and stop working...

If reports by the Russian space people are all wrong...

If endless reports by ordinary folk on here about friends that they have is all just BS...

If all the test firing by allies of the US recently in US waters was just economic for some tax reason and no other...

If all the screenwriters and producers found it was easier to always use the same numbers on clocks and as days in plots...

If the guy who designed the Chipolte Restaurant paper cups was simply inspired by some random Hollywood film...

If constant appearance of 923 and 239 in various adverts and TV shows was simply the result of mass plagurising from one work by one writers...

...Then we have nothing to fear.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Is that seriously your response to what's been asked of you? Why even bother?

If this is so sure fire, and so absolute - why do you have such a hard time presenting facts that support it? Why do you constantly and persistently evade and sidestep questions asked of you? It shouldn't be that hard.

Why are all these people having these dreams? It's simple, the human mind is impressionable. One person has it, shares it with another...and then it spreads like wild fire. Don't believe me? It's a mass hysteria sort of issue:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.csicop.org...
www.cbsnews.com...

www.jstor.org...
www.jstor.org...
www.jstor.org...

I have provided links...again...

You have provided NOTHING. You gave a link to a poorly represented article by a person who isn't known to provide good information even in his own field. You keep eluding to some mathematical equation, yet you don't post what that equation is for us to check your math. You say links are out there, and provide us with nothing. You're making a lot of claims and no research. I've seen nothing to indicate you have, if you had, you'd have something to provide us with.

Do you know how long it took me to get those links up there (4 of them are peer reviewed by people actually in the field they're talking about)? 8 minutes and 43 seconds. I timed it. Even the most outrageous claims have some kind of science that exists in the real world to support your claims. You don't even have that from what we know of right now.

So again, I ask you...do you have evidence, that is...proof of this occurring? Do you have credible sources to support your claims? Did you do ANY research on this issue BEFORE your opened your thread? If you answered "no" to ANY of these questions, then to expect it to be taken serious is absolutely ludicrous.
edit on 14.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
NEW BAD NEWS...

One of the big hopes was that my girlfriend had not had any dreams of this. She has a remarkable record. Before 9/11 she kept having dreams of a tower on fire that looked just like the WTC, but as she had never been there or noticed it, she mistook it for somewhere in downtown Toronto.

One day, she suddenly left work early and rushed home, believing that I had died. Before she arrived, I had a call at home telling me that her beloved granny had just died.

One night, she woke me up in the middle of the night and told me that my father in England (I live in Quebec, Canada) was really seriously ill or worse. I heard nothing. Five months later I discovered that he had indeed died that night but none of my relatives had bothered to tell me.

And so, I was relieved that she had not had a tsunami dream... until last night when, yes, she had a powerful tsunami dream, being trapped in a very tall apartment block (dozens of floors) most of which was underwater thanks to a tsunami.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So it's my assumption that you've given up on the science aspect and are just going towards the "I've got a feeling" thing? If so, that's fine. I just want to be sure that's what you're going with.

But even so, I feel the need to dispel some of the postulation in this thread made by the claims stated in your previous posts. There's no evidence or risk of this occurring.

www.cnn.com...
www.space.com...
www.ibtimes.com.au...
news.nationalpost.com...
www.iflscience.com...
www.nasa.gov...

"Not a single one of the known objects has any credible chance of hitting our planet over the next century," he said. The chances of a "Potentially Hazardous Asteroid" -- as they are known -- striking our little blue planet? Less than 0.01%.

That's not nothing, but it's not terrible, either, As astronomer Phil Plait observed in a 2014 Slate article, the odds of dying in an asteroid impact are 1 in 700,000. You have more of a chance of being struck by lightning in your lifetime (1 in 3,000) or finding a pearl in an oyster (1 in 12,000).

This all relates back to my previous post which includes links to the phenomena known as Mass Hysteria.

This is also related to things similar to the 2012 phenomena (as are most dooms day predictions) :
en.wikipedia.org...
www.nasa.gov...

By the way, on the matter of 2012 - The referenced hieroglyph that was originally cited by Coe as the depiction of such a thing, and the reference of 2012 in the Dresden Codex was just that...a reference in the Codex. That same codex by the way was similar to the Farmer's Almanac that we use today, and the National Weather Service (in the U.S.) for weather monitoring. It was also an outline of how to appease the gods to sway them one way or another.

Why am I bringing up 2012? It's totally different right?

No, it's not. It further goes on to what I've been saying about dooms day prediction. We are fascinated with it because it involves all of us, and the unknowing of what is beyond ourselves. We'd all like to sit and think we know when catastrophe is about to strike, to avoid the issue, to alert the world. But the sad truth is we just don't. We can't. There's a lot of psychological studies out there to cover supposed events happening, and theoretical capabilities of individuals, but those people always tend to fail. I think it's natural. But sadly these days, we have something called the internet where ideas can spread faster, reach new people, and fuel the imaginations of people even more so than before.

My message to anyone still reading this thread would be: use caution with predictions. Be critical. Don't subject yourself to hysteria. If you want to believe you're going to get beamed to the mothership, fine...but don't force the rest of us to believe something insane with nothing to show for it.

Lastly, the world has ended almost every hour, every day, since man first started thinking about their place in the universe around 800 BCE. To put that into perspective, that's over 24,659,448 times. And a better would not take a 24,659,449:1 odds.

Stay classy, ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiriya

It very well could be the refugees who make quite an IMPACT over this and the next coming month,

Like the Nostradamas or alike who foresore things hundreds of years ago of such severity, yet who is to say that he wasn't seeing the movies of these times in his dreams, that makes a little more sense to me if i am to believe in a predictable future. No?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shugo
So it's my assumption that you've given up on the science aspect and are just going towards the "I've got a feeling" thing? If so, that's fine. I just want to be sure that's what you're going with.

A BALD LIE. As I stated from the start, my point is that these dreams are mainly in synchronization although a handful clearly are not. The woman posting a video on a tsunami hitting Seatle recently is completely false in terms of timing and scale of wave and you can actually see her giving all the body language of deceit.

There's no evidence or risk of this occurring.

Anyone who bwelieves this is living in fanstasy land. On any given day at any time, we could be hit. The maximum warning is likely one to twelve hours if at all. It has been pointed out that for the production cots of the film Armageddon, the world COULD have a comprehensive warning system, yet no expenditure whatsoever is made toward this.

You have more of a chance of being struck by lightning in your lifetime (1 in 3,000)

That's what my grandmother was told and she was hit by lightning.

This all relates back to my previous post which includes links to the phenomena known as Mass Hysteria.

Simply NO! This relates to dreams being in synchronization. Did you not read the heading of grouping of this? "Dreams"

This is also related to things similar to the 2012 phenomena (as are most dooms day predictions)

Simply NO. That relates to old predictions.

Why am I bringing up 2012?

[SNIPPED]

It's totally different right?

Yes.

Stay classy, ATS.

Anyone who says that they are "classy", is, by deinition, NOT.
edit on 9.16.2015 by Kandinsky because: removed ill-mannered comment

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alsace

If the Chinese sending a fleet into position in Alaska is just a good will visit...

If all the DUMBs built across the USA was just a jobs creation project by some bunch of Army Generals still paranoid about the possible return of the Soviet Empire...

If it has suddenly become the fashion amongst the superrich to give up beach front porperties and buy half-way up a mountain...

If endless reports by ordinary folk on here about friends that they have is all just BS...

If all the test firing by allies of the US recently in US waters was just economic for some tax reason and no other...

If all the screenwriters and producers found it was easier to always use the same numbers on clocks and as days in plots...

If the guy who designed the Chipolte Restaurant paper cups was simply inspired by some random Hollywood film...

If constant appearance of 923 and 239 in various adverts and TV shows was simply the result of mass plagurising from one work by one writers...

Please go back and source this, links etc.....
Part of ATS is providing reference material so everyone is on the same page, so to speak. Otherwise it's just your opinion, which is also ok...but that isn't what you're claiming in your quoted post.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Pretty sure that this same sequence of events happened prior to December 2012 as well.

And I don't know of any super rich that are selling their beach houses for mountain houses.....if they were, then who is buying them? The super rich that are NOT in the know? LOL!

When nothing happens and we are on here posting on 9/23, 9/24, and 9/25 will you come back and say you were wrong? Or will you move the goal posts as so many do?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Please go back and source this, links etc.....
Part of ATS is providing reference material so everyone is on the same page, so to speak. Otherwise it's just your opinion, which is also ok...but that isn't what you're claiming in your quoted post.

Thanks!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nothing will happen because there is no NEO object of the required size capable of doing this kind of damage at the indicated time.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm so glad I can ignore this and go on about my life.

SHOCK ASTEROID WARNING: Planet earth faces 100 YEARS of killer strikes starting in 2017
ASTEROIDS could rain down on the earth for 100 years, shocked experts have just warned.
By Nathan Rao

PUBLISHED: 19:37, Fri, Sep 5, 2014 It follows claims this week by physicist Professor Brian Cox that a bus-sized asteroid, named 2014 EC, came within 61,637 kilometres (38,300 miles) of Earth in March.

A previously unknown asteroid belt has been located in deep space and is now hurtling towards our part of the solar system.It means a 'global killer' could collide with Earth as soon as 2020, wiping out life as we know it and changing the climate for millennia.

The terrifying predictions came as NASA revealed disturbing new data showing 400 impacts are expected between 2017 and 2113, based on new observational data of objects seen in space over the past 60 days.
*SNIP*

He said there is an "asteroid with our name on it" and it is only a matter of time before an asteroid large enough to wipe out the human race collides with Earth. Many believe an asteroid was responsible for killing the dinosaurs with a similar life-changing event potentially just around the corner.

Professor Bill Napier, an astronomy expert at the University of Buckingham, said a strike by either an asteroid or debris from a comet could have devastating consequences. He said: "If something like this happened, depending on where it hit it would be absolutely life-altering. "The atmospheric chemistry would be upset by cutting out sunlight. It would be like a nuclear winter and could last for tens of thousands of years.

"These comets are 200-300km (186 miles) in diameter they are sheer monsters and could sterilise the earth if we are hit by one
*SNIP*
"The more immediate risk comes from sub-kilometre (smaller) asteroids and there are tens of thousands of these in space which are quite capable of causing damage on a regional scale. "One hit Siberia in 1908 and luckily it was not in a populated area. Had this happened in London it would have wiped out everything within the M25 and you would have heard the collision in another country."

www.express.co.uk...

A previously unknown asteroid belt JUST discovered. Their timing predictions could be off and we could possibly receive strikes at any moment. THEY DON'T KNOW.

Professor Cox, 46, said when 2014 EC sideswiped the Earth a few months ago it came dangerously close to wiping us all out.

He said: "We didn't see it, we saw it on the way out, but if it had just been a bit further over it would have probably wiped us out. These things happen.

Now that's comforting. NOT!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yet you provide nothing to give your post substance as has become doctrine for you. All you are doing is sitting there name calling, and throwing a temper tantrum when you get called out about your fallacies. You could have just as easily avoided the demand for scientific support if you didn't yourself inject science into this. Because you did, you opened yourself up to backlash because nothing of science supports your claims.

and you can actually see her giving all the body language of deceit.

So luckily you're behind a computer screen and keyboard, right?

Anyone who bwelieves this is living in fanstasy land.

I live in Iowa, I'm not sure if that's your definition of fantasy land, but whatever floats your boat.

On any given day at any time, we could be hit.

And that's a big could, considering the chances are greater than 25 million to 1. What makes you think your "dream" is so special it breaks those odds?

The maximum warning is likely one to twelve hours if at all.

There's that number again, where's your source for this? You talk a lot about it, surely you have a source to cite for it, or is that something you don't know how to do?

It has been pointed out that for the production cots of the film Armageddon, the world COULD have a comprehensive warning system, yet no expenditure whatsoever is made toward this.

Because you know...we're all blind, again...where's your source that we would only have 12 hours?

That's what my grandmother was told and she was hit by lightning.

Not to sound insensitive, but the chances are 1 in 3,000 - a higher chance. So, I guess that means she did indeed have a greater risk of being struck by lightning and was. What's your point by bringing that into this argument?

Did you not read the heading of grouping of this? "Dreams"

Are you conveniently dismissing your own demand for science supporting your "dreams and calculations" or are you selectively trying to forget that information?

Simply NO. That relates to old predictions.

What old predictions? The only old predictions that were made on this occurred between 1960 and 2012. On the scale we're talking, that's not very old and the same placebo effect happened there. Not sure why you think it's irrelevant.

Because you are an annoying jerk.

That's totally how you should react when someone pokes holes in your theory. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with ATS's Policies and Procedures and manners. You could use a lesson there, and how to talk to people if that's how you react to things like this.

Anyone who says that they are "classy", is, by deinition, NOT.

What? I'm assuming you mean definition. Would you care to point out where it says that in a dictionary somewhere? I can't seem to find it in my Oxford one.

Also, is there a reason you aren't commenting on the numerous news sites and articles that contradict your own sources that you apparently have, but they're top secret from us? I'm just checking, because as of right now, cmdrkeenkid and I seem to be the only ones providing evidence, and you are providing us with more bait and switch tactics. Is this the game you're playing, or is there a goal here? If there is, would you get on with it?
edit on 16.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So we're going to listen to an article that calls a crater a "ring-like structure"...then...seems legit.

According to the JPL there are more than 100 "ring-like" structures on Earth which could have been caused by an impact.

Ah, that's the joys and evidence of poor journalism...you can say someone said whatever you want them to say, as long as you don't source to where it was that they said it...

NASA says an impact by one of these "in the wrong place" would be a catastrophe

When and where?

It follows claims this week by physicist Professor Brian Cox...

Who teaches where? Where did he get his degree?

The terrifying predictions came as NASA revealed disturbing new data

What new data?

Seriously for as many claims as they're making, they're sure asking for the public to assume an awful lot. Poor journalism, poor writing, not a shred of evidence in the article - not a valid source of information by any academic or scholar's standards.

So yes, I'd say you can ignore that and not have any worries.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sadly, page 4 and alsace has left the building......

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As I have pointed out REPEATEDLY I have NOT had a dream.

My point always was that these dreams of people are largely in synchronization which seems highly unlikely by random occurance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join