It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact on 22 September 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: alsace

And when this does not happen will you admit this is all BS crap, and dreamers don't exist?

It's hard to think of a more stupid comment. A simple google search will show vast numbers. Indeed, someone said that Tsunami dream produced some 12 million hits on one search engine.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

And when this does not happen will you admit this is all BS crap, and dreamers don't exist?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
All this Sept 22/23 hype is weird.

It makes me wonder where it all originated.

So far as I can tell, it has all come from conspiracy sites,
with everyone pointing to everyone else's links.

Who is actually having Sept 22/23 date dreams???

Where are these people, and where are the dates they give?

Do I have to come round to your home and blow your nose and wipe your bum for you?

Go and use Google, lazy boy!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsace
...Errr... No. The moon's diameter is 3,500 miles. This is 2.5 kilometers.

You missed my point entirely.

Ask any professional astronomer of any note and he will confirm that a 2.5km is too small to guarantee detection, indeed, they say normally, that the most warning that they could give us is 1 hour... if that.

Which astronomer's say that? Do you have any sources that specify this time window?

Do I have to come round to your home and blow your nose and wipe your bum for you?

Go and use Google, lazy boy!

Actually, it's you who are being lazy. You offer claims but have nothing to provide evidence to your claims. That's lazy research, and even the flunky students in high school have to do it in order to get a passing grade. The burden of proof is on the person making the claims that are out of the common realm, not those who you are addressing. It's like taking your car to the shop to get it repaired, and all the mechanic does is tell you how to fix it, and doesn't do any of the work himself or give you any parts.
edit on 6.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Care to post the spreadsheet you made up? I don't buy into many predictions, but I enjoy checking math work.

How did to come up with a 2.5km diameter asteroid? What other parameters did you use? Just guess work? How do to figure off the coast of PR?

PR is approximately 1,600 miles (2600 km) from NYC. The wave would be traveling at an average of 800 mph (1300 kph), which isn't impossible, though highly unlikely.

I like to use the Earth Impact Effects Program for simulating impacts. It's backed by science. So I plugged some of your numbers into that, while for others I just used averages.

Distance from impact: 2600 km
Asteroid diameter: 2.5 km
Asteroid density: 1500 kg/m^3 (porous rock)
Impact velocity: 17 m/s
Impact angle: 45°
Impact target: 1500 m deep water.

So let's see what that nets us.

Major Global Changes:
The Earth is not strongly disturbed by the impact and loses negligible mass.
The impact does not make a noticeable change in the tilt of Earth's axis (< 5 hundreths of a degree).
The impact does not shift the Earth's orbit noticeably.

Hmmm...

Tsunami Wave:

The impact-generated tsunami wave arrives approximately 6.0 hours after impact.

Tsunami wave amplitude is between: 7.9 meters ( = 25.8 feet) and 15.8 meters ( = 51.7 feet).

While that would be devastating, it doesn't quite have the same tinge of doom you're predicting.

I am working on the basis of...

1. Wave Height in Metres = 10.9 x ((350000 x (Size of Asteroid in kilometres/1.8)^3)^(0-0.717)) x (Distance to impact in Km)^(0.495)

...Which works on the basis of a 1.8kilometre asteroid doing 350,000 megatons of damage.

2. Effective terminal velocity for a Tsunami being equivalent to speed of sound (1,225.19 kilometres an hour)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It's a simple question, why do you keep ignoring it?
edit on 7-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If you want to imagine Pope Francis as an Asteroid, he will, in fact, be making an 'impact on the Earth', right around Sept 22 - 25, 2015, in the North Eastern USA.

Maybe he'll cause a 'thought tsunami' that will wash over the paralyzed minds of the US election process and neutralize such buffoons as Trump and his likes, causing them to back down from their inflamed rhetoric.

Dreams often depict mundane occurrences as greatly exaggerated events, in our sleeping psyches.

Whatever the outcome, isn't it a coincidence that the Pope's visit to the USA is aligned with these specific dates?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh come on people..... How many times have we seen BS threads that predict something exciting and nothing happens. For some reason a lot of people tend to jump the boat every single time. I wonder what kind of people that is......?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I keep asking OP what about when this does not occur .. he refuses to answer.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hello,

Let me tell you my dream...i was living in Venezuela 7 years,in Margarita Island Caribbean and in march of 2008
i saw very interesting dream it still bothers me..i saw tsunamis high in my dream and falling buildings and water rushing
in the streets,then broken buildings and human dead bodies a lots of them.In my dream it all happend in same Island in Margarita..since then i had obsession that i have to move out from Venezueala and i did it finally last year 2014,dream was in 2008 ...so i dont know what is this about but i still thinking a lot about this dream and i hope that i can do something but i dont..only i can tell about this..my obsession was that i have to move out and see my parents and my son ..what i did i am now back living in Estonia...

peace,
e

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Really? I call BS.
Why cause sept 22, 23, 24th have all been a topic here on ATS.

Who are these "Dreamers" you speak of? Prove it!

Another 15'ner ready to boast about BS.

You must be lost young Man? GLP is that way>>

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
My opinion on the asteroid?..

Well we have had a few major incidents that have gone largely unreported, one of them you couldn't find anything about! Why is this?

The asteroid impact in the Atlantic has surely been predictively programmed into movies no question..

This leads me on to say..

It could still certainly happen and although NASA has 'come clean' and said there is not a problem,they would actually do that if they wanted to keep people by the coasts in order for this sacrifice to be possible..it wouldn't matter if nobody trusted them afterward..they would have their sacrifice!

Scenario two: We all know the Illuminati have also predictively programmed events into the Illuminati card game. There is a possibility that 'they' knew we would be onto them at some point in future? And they are using these as bluffs that were put in place back in 1995. I find this true of the Flat Earth conspiracy,this is designed to confuse the masses and lose attention and faith to the real issue of Planet X (which I am regularly imaging at sunset btw) Zetatalk also addressed the asteroid issue,and their opinion was that it would be a non event that would yet again lose the faith of the public for these "silly theories" so that when THE announcement of PX came it would fall on deaf ears.

IMO it is one of these scenarios..still not narrowed down to one though..

edit on 7-9-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've been tracking this object (below) for a year and a half and it is consistently in the 2 o'clock position. I've used 4 different cameras and taken about 20 separate images at sun rise and set from different locations. I now have a 20 mega pixel camera so images will only get better, add to this that PX is ever more inbound and the result will be even better images. It moves in synchronicity with the Sun and is only visible for about and hour an a half, sometimes 2 hours. The other day I tracked it for an hour and a half and it turned into a twinkling star and disappeared with sun over the horizon. It usually takes on this tubular form and this is mirroring the Giglio Campese webcam in Italy (as documented on the Poleshift.ning blog) This object has also appeared in the 2 o'clock position in England (in my cousins images) and this location is at the *exact* same latitude as in Czech where i am,it also held the tubular form in His images!

This is undebatable and is in the *exact* position where Zetatalk say the Brown Dwarf corpus of PX should be for My locale.

I just wanted to add this now. I will be updating my thread with the many images I have compiled very soon and I include SOHO images from the same days in question matching this tubular form.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
That people have dreams, sometimes significant ones, is undeniable, but I am suspicious of dreams with dates.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

and dreamers don't exist?

But I say I am dreamer, and not the only one....

I hope some day you join us,

and world will be as one.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiriya
I still wonder why so many people "foresee" this month to have such an impact. I honestly still don't see much going to happen Maybe one or two things will be out of wack but nothing that won't be unusual in a way; nothing catastrophic. Don't take this post as me berating you or anything. Rather a post where I just don't get as to why all this is coming up and a bit of disbelief posted in it.

well, one thing might happen that the nutters might be prone to point to....the fed will raise interest rates by .25%....that's 1 quarter of one percent, and there will be some wild swings in the stock market for a short time....watch the "band wagon" fill up

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's a simple question, why do you keep ignoring it?

No!
Are you kidding? IF it doesn't pan out its just an error with the timeline. Wait till 10/10.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

(which I am regularly imaging at sunset btw)

Aren't they the same photos of clouds from another thread you did?

If its so regular why only have a few photos?

I've been tracking this object (below) for a year and a half and it is consistently in the 2 o'clock position.

OK

It moves in synchronicity with the Sun and is only visible for about and hour an a half, sometimes 2 hours.

Does Darth Vader pilot this Death Star?

add to this that PX is ever more inbound and the result will be even better images

Great,

So let me get this straight,

Its always at the 2oclock position, even from different locations,

Its been like that for the year and a half you have been capturing this, but only have about 20 photos.

Its getting closer and moving in synchronicity with our Sun.

So Planet X is an Alien ship or some other intelligence and not a planet?

This is undebatable and is in the *exact* position where Zetatalk say the Brown Dwarf corpus of PX should be for My locale.

But its moving in synchronicity with our Sun. It seems intelligent, it couldn't be a brown dwarf?

Did earth stop its orbit around the Sun?

Or did your brains fall out and you accidentally stepped on them?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'll give you some credit for actually (kind of) answering. Most people would say that information is proprietary, confidential, etc...

So, first things first: Your formula.

My initial reaction was, "Huh?"

I was concerned with the simplicity of it right off the bat (when compared to the math behind the calculator I used). Most units are missing and there is no use of significant digits. I can deal with no using sigfigs, but I would assume that to do things as scientifically as possible you would use them. However, the lack of units can be a real issue. So I decided to check the formula. Another issue is that you seem to not incorporate factors and variables such as density, mass, angle of impact, etc... of the asteroid. Those would be pretty big factors. No avoiding that.

You stated that the size of the asteroid is 2.5 km in diameter. I found that the distance of PR to NYC is roughly 2600 km. Pretty easy to plug in those numbers to your formula. So here is what I got. Please excuse my chicken scratch. The image links to a larger version.

So, using your formula, plugging in the only variables needed, and with a lack of units, I get a whopping:

0.000 461 824 453 km^2

Or, 4.61 824 453 x 10^-4 km^2.

That would be a measure of area, not height. Even if they units didn't combine for area, it would still be less than half a meter. Certainly less threatening than the scenario I had even posited, and not even close to what the storm surge from some of the bigger storms that have hit the city in recent years have caused.

Secondly, as far as wave speed goes, in my posts I even stated the (rounded up) terminal velocity of a tsunami. However, that's the wave speed at depth. As the wave gets closer to shore, or into shallower waters in general, it will slow down. This is what causes the wave to build in height. The wave would have a decent distance to travel along the continental shelf (approximately 250 km) before it would hit NYC.

So let's revisit some of my previous questions. And add some new ones to the mix.

Care to post the spreadsheet you made up? You had no problem posting the formula, so posting that up shouldn't be an issue either. If you can't post it, send me a PM and I can get it hosted no problem.

How did to come up with a 2.5km diameter asteroid? What other parameters did you use? Just guess work? How do you figure off the coast of PR? What are the units missing from your formula?

EDIT TO ADD: Forgot my other questions. In your opening post you claim that this will make a tsunami that will affect NYC and other parts of North America. What about Central (1600 km to Panama) and Southern Americas (ie 900 km to Caracas)? Europe (6000 km to Lisbon)? Africa (6300 km to Monrovia)?
edit on 9/7/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added addition response.

edit on 9/7/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Amended response.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

a reply to: flice

I keep asking OP what about when this does not occur .. he refuses to answer.

A bald lie. You have not asked once.

All you have asked is when I agree to pretend that the vast swathes of web sites scheduling people dreaming of a tsunami do not exist, but as I am not like him and am not a compulsive liar, of course this will never take place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join