It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact on 22 September 2015

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vault40

How large?

Why naked eye? There are plenty of amateurs who are perfectly capable of detecting such objects.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

Everyone focused on the literal, few examining the semiotic.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Even the brightest of asteroids, Vesta, has a magnitude of 5. That means that to see it naked eye you'd need to be well away from city light pollution.

So it would have to be fairly close and fairly bright to be seen naked eye.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I had a dream about a massive tsunami the other morning as well. However in my dream I decided I didn't want it and killed it.

So has anyone had any recent dreams of great destructive tsunamis? I'm just curious.

Dreams can be a lot of fun when you can experiment and change things.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How large?

Why naked eye? There are plenty of amateurs who are perfectly capable of detecting such objects.

So sorry, forgot that playing the game of "what if's" wasn't allowed and we have to be serious all the time and not have fun with a question. I'll take my imagination and sense of humor elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Even the brightest of asteroids, Vesta, has a magnitude of 5. That means that to see it naked eye you'd need to be well away from city light pollution.

So it would have to be fairly close and fairly bright to be seen naked eye.

Thanks
That was mainly all that I was looking for

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What ifs are fine. If they make sense. I asked for specifics about yours.

What if my uncle was a woman? Then he would be my aunt. See? Some what ifs just aren't worth the effort.

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am not from the states but the common thought of the US government and our govt is the s. Andreas fault, I am not aware of the geology but it seems like that is the most likely place to be the cause of flooding in la, but as far as we are concerned the US government is far more concerned about the volcanic issues with that national park

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidHolt

I am not aware of the geology but it seems like that is the most likely place to be the cause of flooding in la,

Nope.
San Andreas is a strike slip fault. The stories about California falling into the ocean are nonsensical.
The Cascadia fault, on the other hand...

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

What ifs are fine. If they make sense. I asked for specifics about yours.

What if my uncle was a woman? Then he would be my aunt. See? Some what ifs just aren't worth the effort.

Tickle tickle mr sensitive, its ok to have an imagination occasionally.

And who's to say your uncle cant be your aunt one day,
Bruce = Cait now don't forget that

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Not likely.
He's the last of his generation in my family.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Not likely.
He's the last of his generation in my family.

I may have started the worst tickle fight of all time and we both lost

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's ok.
He's my favorite uncle (very straight) and has had a very fine and long life.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: alsace

Oh, time for a NASA commercial, its only fair.

NASA: There is No Asteroid Threatening Earth

That's the rumor that has gone viral -- now here are the facts.

you must go with the leading expert in the field coupled with their past performance, which technically... is above all others.

A VERY, VERY' VERY BLUNT AND BALD NOOOOOO!!!!!

In a Free Country you do NOT have to.

Look at every stock market crash, bank collapse etc... and in EVERY case, what was at fault - this crazy ass belief that past performance is a GUARANTEE of future performance.

Look, I studied Astronomy and Astrophysics at St Andrews University in Scotland and I can ASSURE you that asteroid and meteor predicting is near joke levels. Indeed, one group of astronomers pointed out that with just the budget of the film Àrmageddon`that could improve asteroid detection 100 fold and likely prevent exactly what was in the film.

I even have a friend from my old school who has worked at NASA for the last 40 years or so and honestly, NASA is just another `Government Department`filled with empire building civil servants and folk wandering around with a coffee cup in their hand at the tax payers expense. They don`t want to lose their fat salary cheques, so, on they play the million to one odds and SAY that they see nothing when they actually have no real idea.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Expecting something implies that you have information that it may happen. If the reason is prophetic, than all you really have is the past performance of how it went the last time a prophecy like this came up. ATS is a database of that, and the solution set is empty. Again, statistics.

Errr.... NO on a massive scale. My whole point was at the start of this tread was that many of these dreams...

1. Have people able to read clocks and lettering which is hyper-rare in dreams.
2. The dreams are ìn synchronization - the height of wave and time of impact where the people are dreaming that they are are all compliant with an impact of of 2.5 kilometer wide object at 2am near Isla De Mona.

...So, unless you believe that either a. Thousands of people have all be mind programmed or b. They all got together, calculated the numbers and then posted it as one of the world`s biggest ever pranks, then this is `real`as it cannot be by random chance.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo
Untrue. Sadly, in real life, being on the button usually gets you busted...

In 1985, I predicted that the Tin Market would collapse. The brokerage house I worked for were furious, they said that this was ludicrous. Not only did I have to resign, but they even forced me to work my notice. On the last day I was there, Tin fell form some $13,000 a ton to $3,500 a ton.

In January 1987, I predicted that the stock markets would suffer a worldwide crash around the world in October. I was widely told I was an idiot and even friends ignored me.

In 1988, I predicted widespread falls in the property UK market and warned people, in particular not to get into endowment policies. I was utterly shunned, including by my closest friend for many years. Within 2 years, his 60,000 property was worth 15,000, he was deep in negative equity and his endowment policy holders were demanding extra cash he didn`t have.

In 1999 and 2000, I warned that computer stocks would slump seriously. People told me I was an idiot, yet again I proved right.

There are numerous other instances I could quote where I have been shunned or last a job stating what turned out to be true, whilst the sheep who therefore got it wrong, ended up keeping their jobs.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

How large?

Actually, no. THere are routes across the sky where no-one watches, allowing it to reach the surface without being spotted.

The disappearance of the flight in the South Indian Ocean, undetected, much of which is actually unexplored, pretty much demonstrates that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

THere are routes across the sky where no-one watches, allowing it to reach the surface without being spotted.
But the thing is, asteroids don't just appear out of nowhere. They follow the laws of physics and follow orbits. This stupid "asteroid" has been talked about for quite a while now. What "route" would make it invisible for so long?

The disappearance of the flight in the South Indian Ocean, undetected, much of which is actually unexplored, pretty much demonstrates that.
You first need to understand the concept of field of view, then what a sky survey is. An aircraft is in a particular part of the sky for a very short period of time. Asteroids do not move a quickly across the sky as an aircraft does, unless they are very very close. In which case, if they are large, they are quite apparent to sky surveys. And that's how it works.

But tell me, if no amateurs have seen this thing, how is it you know it's there? A dream? That's it?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Let me start here:

Would you please provide us with the information as to what your terminal degree was? Did you graduate? What was your GPA? Basically, What makes you an expert? I can say I studied physics at Berkeley, that doesn't make me an expert. If you're going to play the card of bringing the name of your university into this, and claim yourself an expert...provide some evidence. The only reason I ask, is because I know that you won't. No one from a university that has any credibility would go on record, on a conspiracy website, whip out all of their credentials and stand behind something that defies their field, has no science attached to it and is an absolute blatant farce.

Phage said it perfectly...you are predicting. There's no science or reason as to why you're prediction other than hearsay. That's all. If you'd say that and admit it, perhaps the need for you to provide evidence to your claims may subside.

As to your reply to my post...

Hindsight Bias. Did you not read my link from Duke University? For someone who is as tuned to academia as you, you certainly aren't displaying it here. I'm assuming they taught you how to do research and argue a point at Saint Andrews University? If so, lets see that education put to work since you say you obviously have it. Your credentials mean nothing without the stones to back them up.

I can say that I predicted something in the past too, that doesn't make it factual. You have absolutely no evidence to show of anything you've presented in this thread. What I find absolutely fascinating is the fact that you indicate to have attended a prestigious university, yet you show absolutely none of the qualities of understanding, logic, or core principles that one learns even in a basic U.S. education, let alone the kind of relentless demand for perfection from schools like Oxford or Cambridge.
edit on 21.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join