It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact on 22 September 2015

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shugo
Are we talking about the same tsunami that can travel up the east coast and then down around the winding curves of the St. Lawrence River to the point it impacts much of inland Canada to Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois?

Remind me again how that happens...

Actually, the weak link in the chain is Vermont. As a 4km diameter object at Isla De Mona would cause a Tsunami which would still be way above 60 metres tall when it hits Vermont, it is perfectly feasible to roll through Vermont and on to the St Lawrence and the Ottawa River.

Ottawa is 44 metres above sea level, not enough to save it if it breaks through.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So it appears to me that logic has totally been thrown out in this thread as there's obviously no intention of providing any maths or sources at this point. So, yeah...that's what this comes down to. The OP has a feeling - that's basically all there is here, other than a wonderful assortment of doom-playboy visuals and bad science fiction.

"I'm not having these dreams" - but you're trying to rationalize them, so you obviously believe they have credibility where there is none to be had. Open and shut thread, and by that definition it is certainly accurately placed in the dreams and predictions forum. I'm just not sure why science or math was ever brought up since it's not being used.

originally posted by: alsace
Actually, the weak link in the chain is Vermont. As a 4km diameter object at Isla De Mona would cause a Tsunami which would still be way above 60 metres tall when it hits Vermont, it is perfectly feasible to roll through Vermont and on to the St Lawrence and the Ottawa River.

There's a geographical feature called mountains that you might want to add into your calculations before you go any further with that theory...
edit on 19.9.2015 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

Agree with that. Science got thrown out early on.
Some threads build an agenda where the need for a prophecy explaination undermines getting to the root of the issue.
It happens a lot.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Even NASA "condition codes" lend an air of uncertainty that we will absolutely not get hit, although most likely we won't.

"How certain is Nasa about its path?
NASA gives each asteroid a "condition code" from zero to nine of how certain it is about the predicted orbital path it gives.
A zero means there is "good certainty" about it, while nine means it is highly uncertain, with numbers in between on a sliding scale.
Only one of the six scored a zero - fortunately the biggest 280 metres one passing on September 22.
All the others scored from five or higher, meaning Nasa has a mid-way certainty on their orbital path or quite high uncertainty in two cases which scored six and seven respectively.
The most uncertain pass is the 57-metre rock on September 23, which has a condition code of seven - but hopefully its estimated 18.5m mile flyby and relative small size gives much room for manoeuvre.
More concerning is the cruise-ship-sized rock, the closest, and second largest object, due for September 24, which scored six".
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The earth traverses its own diameter (12,756.32 kilometers) every 6 minutes. For a prediction to have any validity it would need to give a specific time rather than a vague period over a few days surely?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Does this mean we should be running up our credit cards since we wont need to pay the fiat money back?
Not lucking fikely.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: symbolon
Nothing will happen because there is no NEO object of the required size capable of doing this kind of damage at the indicated time.

The correct statement would be:

...there is no KNOWN NEO object...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If i am not mistaken Jesus said that no one knows the day or the hour.

Jesus said soemthing else too. It will be when no one is With him.

This event.... when the Rock that is not carwed by hand hits the feet of iron and clay
will happen the day when we are not paying attention. It is imminent so it will happen. The two Rocks are on its way.

There are two rock. One will hit the rivers. The other will hit the feet of iron and clay, and will open the pit.

Right now.... this september..... we are paying attention do to all the events taking Place this month, and many People have Jesus in mind.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

The lowest route through Vermont is about 40 metres above sea level.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
The earth traverses its own diameter (12,756.32 kilometers) every 6 minutes. For a prediction to have any validity it would need to give a specific time rather than a vague period over a few days surely?

This is all concerning DREAMS which, pretty much give a time of 2 AM.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

Okay...and you don't see a problem with that?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Oh, time for a NASA commercial, its only fair.

NASA: There is No Asteroid Threatening Earth

Numerous recent blogs and web postings are erroneously claiming that an asteroid will impact Earth, sometime between Sept. 15 and 28, 2015. On one of those dates, as rumors go, there will be an impact -- "evidently" near Puerto Rico -- causing wanton destruction to the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States and Mexico, as well as Central and South America.

That's the rumor that has gone viral -- now here are the facts.

"There is no scientific basis -- not one shred of evidence -- that an asteroid or any other celestial object will impact Earth on those dates," said Paul Chodas, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California...........

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

"Czechoslavakia is my last territorial claim in Europe" - Hitler, 1938

"The world market for computers stands at about six machines" - Head of IBM, 1950's

"The Titanic is unsinkable" - Daily Mail, 1911

"Anyone who thinks that they can obtain any use out of splitting the atom is talking moonshine" - Lord Rutherford, 1912

"It is utterly impossible for a vehicle to travel faster than 56 miles per hour without the driver and passengers dying" - Surgeon General of Great Britain, 1890's

"At this distance, they couldn't hit an ele..." - Dying words of General John Sedgwick, Union Army, 9th May 1864

"Will we ever put the Eagles back to together again - when hell freezes over" - Glenn Frey, the Eagles, 1970's

"We are on the eve of an economic boom unparalleled in history" - President Hoover, September 1929

"The telephone will never catch on in England due to a surfeit of little boys to deliver messages" - British Post Master General, circa 1900

"You're music is so bad, it'll go down like a lead Zeppelin" - A&R man commenting on an audition by a band that would become Led Zeppelin.
edit on 20-9-2015 by alsace because: Mistype

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsace

originally posted by: charlyv

"Czechoslavakia is my last territorial claim in Europe" - Hitler, 1938

"The world market for computers stands at about six machines" - Head of IBM, 1950's

"The Titanic is unsinkable" - Daily Mail, 1911

"Anyone who thinks that they can obtain any use out of splitting the atom is talking moonshine" - Lord Rutherford, 1912

"It is utterly impossible for a vehicle to travel faster than 56 miles per hour without the driver and passengers dying" - Surgeon General of Great Britain, 1890's

"At this distance, they couldn't hit an ele..." - Dying words of General John Sedgwick, Union Army, 9th May 1864

"Will we ever put the Eagles back to together again - when hell freezes over" - Glenn Frey, the Eagles, 1970's

"We are on the eve of an economic boom unparalleled in history" - President Hoover, September 1929

"The telephone will never catch on in England due to a surfeit of little boys to deliver messages" - British Post Master General, circa 1900

"You're music is so bad, it'll go down like a lead Zeppelin" - A&R man commenting on an audition by a band that would become Led Zeppelin.

Sure, you don't believe everyone and every thing. However, statistically , you must go with the leading expert in the field coupled with their past performance, which technically... is above all others. And it is really not just them, but the thousands of other professional and armature astronomers that cover the canvas of the night skies better than paint. They are the checks and balance that provides additional security to believing what NASA says.

Not a perfect world, not a perfect Science, but look what we have accomplished.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

There are two ways to interpret that.

No one sees an asteroid coming right now. People may expect it, but they don't really see it, so they don't really know.

So this would be the perfect time to have one hit us. No one, except for a few fringe groups thinks it will happen, but let's be honest - if you watch some places, there are always going to be people who expect an asteroid to hit us at any moment. If this one doesn't pan out, then they'll refocus and create the next big thing, likely around the Super Bowl (I've watched long enough to know, but there will be the usual background noise of false flag warnings and Nibiru scares in the meantime).

So if the only way we can expect Christ to appear is for absolutely no one to expect it, then He's never coming back.

There will always be someone who will be expecting it. Don't you ever cruise BIN for the entertainment value?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yeah, I saw that.

Did they bother to refute 2012? I don't remember.

This is like the CDC having a Zombie Apocalypse page. It doesn't help anything and only makes people more suspicious.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Expecting something implies that you have information that it may happen. If the reason is prophetic, than all you really have is the past performance of how it went the last time a prophecy like this came up. ATS is a database of that, and the solution set is empty. Again, statistics.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alsace

I really wish I lived in your world. Because in your world apparently, I could make a ridiculous claim that has no scientific basis and say "well, these people that have nothing to do with this field were wrong in theirs, so I am not wrong in this", and that would get me A's in my classes, a rapport with my instructors and would really make me an all-star at work. Sadly, it doesn't work that way. Why? Because that's lazy research, and science does not yield to your own ignorant strategy of assumption. We deal facts, not obscure bits of information that have no trend.

Secondly, I find it fascinating that when I bring up 2012, which has more to do with this than Hitler's claim over the Czech Republic in 1938, I'm talking about something totally different. Why is that?

Why is it when someone presents you with something contrast to your own thought, you ramble off a bunch of text that doesn't help your topic or claim at all, but just makes it seem more foolish and half cocked? Do you do this in every day life? It must be a real treat!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did they bother to refute 2012? I don't remember.

Yes. It was only three years ago. Selective memory? Confirmation bias?
www.nasa.gov...

This is like the CDC having a Zombie Apocalypse page. It doesn't help anything and only makes people more suspicious.
Really? You think zombies are real?

On the other hand, there was this:
Heaven's Gate

Maybe, just maybe, saying that such predictions are nonsense has an actual purpose. While it may be, indeed, futile. At least an effort is being made to deny nonsense.

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So lets just play hypothetical here, that is all i ask. Lets say that there is in fact a large rock heading our way intending certain destruction. How long before this would be visible to the naked eye, if at all? Just play the game, i know it is extremely unlikely but lets just have some fun with it. 😀

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join