It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we be ashamed? Why, yes, yes we should.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The picture of that poor little boy and the knowledge that his brother is also lost is horrific but I am going to make a very unpleasant point. Their father has a responsibility for his son's deaths by choosing that means of transport and that should not be shushed under the carpet. Apart form the horrendous tragedies, many probably not reported even our anguish is caused by political greed and the possible expansion of borders by clearing out as many of the indigenous people living in Syria as possible.

Of course he bears responsibility. Don't for a moment think he doesn't know that... ...or that he'll destroy himself with guilt over it for the rest of his life.

But he'd never have had to try to make that, ultimately, tragic decision if meddlesome outsiders could mind their own damned business.

When things like whole countries are burning, there is no good choice, no safe choice...only less tragic or more. That poor man was between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

However right what you say is, we are stuck firmly the position that all the publics within Western democracy, are still impotent with no control over our politicians and their corrupt masters.

The decision to get rid of Assad was not in the politicians Manifesto and that's where, we as the public, get hoodwinked,by those who know how to utilise a country's tax money to pay for their personal ambitions via our foreign policy. This is something we have got to grasp and demand without which , nothing changes and ordinary people suffer.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Uh... want to come down off the ceiling now?

SO you want MY guys to go do MORE killing then.

No, in fact I protested in front of John Kerry's house with Veterans for Peace to stop military intervention in Syria.

THEN you can attack THEM when they com back

Wrong again. I don't blame soldiers for the decisions of politicians.

unfortunately THAT is what would NEED to be done to fix that.

I disagree. US involvement only ever makes things worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Could you please tell me where will the Brits go if and when tshtf over here?

We will be the Refugees' fleeing a Tyrany of evil! Please tell me where we will go?

You do know that those Country's these 'Refugee's' are fleeing were once also safe places to live??

Eygpt? Nigeria? Libya? Syria/ Somalia?

Yes... they were once safe places to live!

The same thing could happen here in years to come.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

All this tribal killing and religious cults ruling their lives instead of instituting democratic form of government for all

What a democratic govt where the USA goes in destabilizes the country and then puts in their "new" warlord/leader and the general population still suffers?
Meanwhile the drugs come back to the USA in military planes, and the deaths of young US armed forces...

There is a cult aright...its called the military industrial complex with their lobbyists in Washington.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Could you please tell me where will the Brits go if and when tshtf over here?

We will be the Refugees' fleeing a Tyrany of evil! Please tell me where we will go?

You do know that those Country's these 'Refugee's' are fleeing were once also safe places to live??

Eygpt? Nigeria? Libya? Syria/ Somalia?

Yes... they were once safe places to live!

The same thing could happen here in years to come.

The Moon or America again. TBH i'd choose the Moon.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We certainly should be ashamed of our governments policy in destabalising Syria and creating a civil war in which 250,000 have died. We should back Assad with weapons as HE is the one protecting our Christian brothers over there. We are still a Christian country aren't we? Assad is fighting Islamic terror just like we are .............. We should be on the same side, it's just mental. Obviously economic and political interests come into play

edit on 4-9-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The debates about who should feel guilt/shame and who shouldn't aside... if one is inclined to help in some small way, there's an article from Today listing ways one might consider donating or otherwise contributing to refugee aid in some way.

www.today.com...

The organizations listed include the UN Refugee Agency, Save The Children, Doctors Without Borders, Unicef, International Rescue Committee, World Food Program, Mercy Corps, and the new Aylan Kurdi & Syria's Child Victims of War. Links are provided in the article. Of those listed, I resonate most with Mercy Corps personally. Research and find the one you feel most comfortable donating to, and do so if you are so inclined. If not, do as thou wilt.

Another article listing possible ways to help: www.independent.co.uk...

The above lists some of those organizations as well as Red Cross Europe, Migrant Offshore Aid Station, Refugee Action, and World Vision. However it also lists other ways one might wish to get involved, such as joining blogosphere communities detailing grassroots efforts to ferry aid to those in need directly on their country's shores. Some inspiring stuff in some of those, check them out if so inclined.

Again, research and decide for yourself what seems most trustworthy and likely to help by your own ethical or other standards.

A simple Google search for "How can I help refugees?" turns up a lot and only takes seconds. I have donated what paltry amount I can. Wish it was more. Everyone else, do as thou wilt.

Peace.
edit on 9/4/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Bravo ace. No lectures, no blaming, no shaming. Raise awareness, provide a link for ways people can help. Let people deciede.

Those on their high horse and spouting the blame/owe/shame garbage should take a page out of your book. I would guess most people would be willing to look and deciede now all because of presenation. Nice job.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
To shed some more light on this, this family has been living in Turkey for the past four years, they asked asylum in Canada which was rejected.
This was the third attempt to go from Turkey to Greece, the first two attempts failed, for the last attempt he bought two small rubber boats with paddles in order to paddle to the greek island Kos.
29 passengers were in those small boats of which 17 survived.

Can't give a link because it is from a newspaper.

Those who try to make it to Europe by boat from the shores of Libya are often picked up near the coast of Libya and brought to Europe.

originally posted by: earthling42
Between 5000 and 8000 is simply laughable, The US can and should do a lot more than that.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

S&F OP I agree

However, you mentioned not to touch the topic of Government, however, government and its programmings of the human mind IS a major factor.

However I do not know how to explain this even through psychological terms due to the fact that people become defensive when the truth shows up, along with those trying to debunk. But if you are open minded I can tell you the exact problem. But as long as the problem keeps getting ignored, nothing will ever change.

People need to learn to discern, and that is a big problem in this society because of the conditioning many have to not question anything. The truth sets us free and allows us to seek out solutions. But how can we find the solution when the problem is ignored? I

Here are facts: Whether you want it or not.

Society is a giant psychological experiment. This is very important to understand because by understanding this, you understand those that are behind this experiment along with their capabilities to manipulate society psychologically.

Now take a good look at the word Government. It literally translates to Mind Control. (Please bear with me, because I am on the topic, however im trying to break it down from bottom to up.) But please look into the word "Government, and its true meaning, so that to make sure that we are on the same page and that I am not making this stuff up.

Think of government being the central "brain" with paths connecting to the media. The media translates everything into the human brain. News, MTV, Social programming, American IDOL etc...

If you notice; many of those in television along with celebrity figures represents & teaches people to Self Worship. Nearly every program speaks about this. "believe in yourself". "If you don't do this, you are not cool. " Peer pressure to be more like society."

Sure some have positive messages, but when you take a closer look some of those messages are cleverly disguised for you to dwell in the self , to the point where people are more worried about their self, self image and self problems that they forget about everything else. This in turn creates apathy, as the world for many becomes more of a solipsistic world view. Here you get the rise of "Me, me, me first" and the victim that cries non stop in front of a mirror, because he (or she) has a few weights over the limit from what society considers as "normal".

This conditioning divides people not only physically, but it creates an insecurity that builds overtime within the person where they themselves become divided. This is the source of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Why is this? because the authentic human being is chained, while the artificial human; (which is society's apathetic human) dwells in his own "self worth".

This is Narcissism, and the only goal of the narcissist is self perfection, no matter the cost. That is why you see many trying to "reach the top", especially in Marketing. In a way, society is conditioned somewhat into being a salesman, where you trample on the opposition to reach your goals. This is the kingdom called Greed and selfishness and that is exactly what people are being taught on a social level. Where people see people merely as tools to be used and tossed away.

If you want to understand society and people in general, all you have to do is take a look at their leaders. The leaders represent the people in many forms, not just one. Society is a model based on who is running it whether its behind the scenes or in broad daylight. If you look at their personality, and their influence, it speaks alot about the people itself. However I speak mainly towards those who already see that this society is messed up.

But as long as we have people influencing society into a certain direction, it is very very hard to turn that wave without facing repercussions and ridicule from those unable to understand the full concept on what this system actually is.

You are right, we have no excuses, and people ultimately have a choice. But if you choose to feed the system that is destroying the essence of humanity. Don't expect good results to come from that. People will not change unless they themselves are willing to question their reality and ultimately put themselves on trial. "Am I doing the right thing?"

Thank you for the message, I agree with it. What i wrote here was simply an explanation as to why things are the way they are.

S&F

edit on th2015000000Fridayth000000Fri, 04 Sep 2015 08:03:26 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 04 Sep 2015 08:03:26 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Vid link i had here didnt work so ignore my post!
edit on CDTFri, 04 Sep 2015 08:17:35 -05000000003008x135x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The following picture is for all of you people who are against helping migrants, specially the ones that come from countries that were bombed by your country or are object of terrorism (supported by foreign countries) to uproot Elected leaders.

art:Banksy
edit on 4/9/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
The following picture is for all of you people who are against helping migrants, specially the ones that come from countries that were bombed by your country or are object of terrorism (supported by foreign countries) to uproot Elected leaders.

art:Banksy

That's nifty. I am still not responsible, I still had nothing to do with the situation. I still have no shame. And I still owe nothing. Now if you people pushing this garbage took direct action leading to the mess then I can understand your shame and guilt and you should make amends. Save the speeches though and raise awareness and ask for help from the rest of us that took no direction action that lead to the mess.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

When the US wanted to go in to Syria after Assad went full blown tyrant on his people, the world said no to saving people just like them. So yes their lives matter but Russia Iran and others blocked their lives from mattering. Go shout about it at them.

Actually, the mandate to "Humanitary Intervene" in Syria was denied thrice by the UN because that UN mandate was violated in Libya. The UN isnt fooled by war in the name of peace, anymore.

Claims of Syrian tyranny are just a well worn excuse (like WMD) to regime change and violate that nations sovereignty (by bombing), too.

Its easy to foment insurrection, making any government response appear heavy handed, then cry tyranny as an excuse to invade, calling it intervention.
edit on 4-9-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I agree with that. But if the people in the ME would put aside their tribalism and come together, no one could invade. They have been ruled by different religious factions for thousands of years and can't see the way out. I FOUGHT THE INVASION OF IRAQ AND AFGHAN WITH EVERY TOOL IN MY LIMITED BOX. Remember the Dixie Chicks and how they were treated for speaking against Bush? I will not be thrown in with the war hawks.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I disagree. US involvement only ever makes things worse.

Even if by some miracle one could take the US 'out' of the equation. What has been going on would STILL be going on.

Even if by some miracle one could take the West out of the equation. What has been going on would still be going on.

'Friends of Syria'.

The collective was created in response to a Russian and Chinese veto on a Security Council resolution condemning Syria; American president Barack Obama has stated that it was organized by the United States.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

I know people just love to give the US all the credit. But the Sunni countries have been organized a long time.

We have Egypt,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Turkey, and th UAE.

There would STILL be war in Syria.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores.

www.upi.com...

What has been going on are proxy wars between Saudi Arabia, and Iran. Because for some 'odd' reason they like to screw up other peoples countries instead of their own.

If people would start to see who the real culprits are it might just change.
edit on 4-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

WHICH was the point ...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I'm ashamed of Obama for a great DEAL.
He should end his public service in handcuffs.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It is an absolute disgrace.
Just streaming a British news channel at work here(in US) and it's heartbreaking.
We haven't had this level of humane and in depth coverage of this story here, it's truly a worldwide, humanitarian disgrace.
When it was bringing the Jewish people out of Germany and eastern Europe everyone flung their doors open - oh how things have changed it seems.

edit on 4-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join